style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am still muddling through various debts ect...

But in November 2013 contacted CAP ( christians against poverty ) who took over all my affairs ! They did income/expenditure and gave me details of how much I could have for shopping and all the payments that they would be making on my behalf... which was initially good..They advised me that I should get a DRO....Have to save up for that !!!

CAP advised me in Nov to stop my direct debits that I had set up with British Gas for paying gas an electric bills...ect.

They set up a standing order in November to take money out of my benefits..And they would pay my various bills ect...

but up till today have not paid out to anybody!!!

Not for gas/electric or rent arrears ..And now British Gas have wrote to me to tell me they are applying for a warrant to fit prepayment meters for both gas/electric !!!!!

Naturally I am beside my self with worry !!!

I have rang cap and told them this, they are saying dont worry they will contact BG and tell them they are going to start making payments,but so far this whole week when I have rang CAP they say they have not been able to spaek to BG..

So as I dont want prepayment meters I said I would borrow money and pay my gas/elec arrears,and that they can then start paying them the amounts they have decided I can afford..

But I have been told I cannot do that as they are going to do a DRO !

And they have also told me that as I rent my home they cannot stop my landlord taking me to court to evict me ,even with a DRO..

I am so confused ,I was hoping they would help me,but I am in more of a mess than before !!!!

I want to know can I stop my DRO I have not paid the £90 fee..

HI

I have arrears with BG fro gas/electric...I also have rent arrears...

All my other debts are mostly old credit card debts..

But I am confused that I have been told by CAP that I cannot clear the arrears for gas/electic and rent arrears ( I was hoping to borrow from my daughter ) and then let them continue with payment plan arrangements... CAP are saying as they are preparing to do a DRO I cannot do that !!! Yet they are not making any headway in contacting BG.!!!

Although as I have said, I have not saved up the fee of £90 for the DRO !!

I want to no should I not bother with the DRO..

Because I defo do not want prepayment meters..

HI

I have arrears with BG fro gas/electric...I also have rent arrears...

All my other debts are mostly old credit card debts..

But I am confused that I have been told by CAP that I cannot clear the arrears for gas/electic and rent arrears ( I was hoping to borrow from my daughter ) and then let them continue with payment plan arrangements... CAP are saying as they are preparing to do a DRO I cannot do that !!! Yet they are not making any headway in contacting BG.!!!

Although as I have said, I have not saved up the fee of £90 for the DRO !!

I want to no should I not bother with the DRO..

Because I defo do not want prepayment meters..

Hi

Strange that someone appears to be telling you not to sort priority debts especially rent arrears!

Hard to really comment further without knowing the full circumstances

Any chance of putting up your SOA ?

Are you in private rented?

Where is your income paid?

How long would it take you to save the £90 fee for the DRO?

Best Wishes?