Old Ruislip Road/Hawtrey Avenue Northolt PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, new to the forum, so hopefully posted in the right place.

Was driving down early morning on 23 Jan and got a PCN from Ealing Council for driving down a road between 8-9.

52JM Failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of vehicle (motor vehicles)

I looked on google maps and the signs are not clearly visible until you approach the road. Plus no warnings before the turning.

I also found these two Patas appeals by looking online 2130323895 & 2130110351

Hope you guys can help.

Edited by AJohn92

These are the link to the one of the Patas appeals please be aware that the link may be an automatic PDF download.

2130323895 - http://www.patas.gov.uk/search.htm?q=2130323895&sa=go&cx=012816060298198299354%3Afz8nw4sxira&ie=UTF-8&cof=FORID%3A11

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you. Do i have a chance of getting my pcn cancelled, if people have won there appeals through Patas. This is my first time and am not entirely sure what my changes of success are :?:

Appeal to the council and see what they say in reply. Most councils do "soft" appeal where you can just drop them an email and then a "hard" appeal, which is filling out and returning the form. If they turn you down you can go to PATAS with your evidence inc pictures and quoting the relevant cases. your case may not be identical so make sure that you can furnish comaritive pictures of signage, junction layout etc. Also note where camerasthat captured you details are, if they are supposed to be used for other purposes other than catching out motorists at that turning then you will need to show the council has been misusing its pwers by permanenty focusing on the turning

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
@ AJohn92

Did you manage to get your PCN cancelled? I had my appeal allowed for entry into Hawtrey Avenue from Old Ruislip Road, between 08h00 and 09h00 by the PATAS Adjudicator. Deficiency in the PCN...

Not yet. My hearing is in two weeks. What was the deficiency in the PCN. Thank you

Mr Xxxxx drew to my attention that the payment slip states that payment must be made in 14 days beginning when the notice is served. This of course is wrong and contrary to the correct instruction in the body of the notice.

In R (Barnet) v The Parking Adjudicator, CO/3355/2006, (judgment 2 August 2006), Mr Justice Jackson stated that a payment slip is not part of the penalty notice.

That case involved an on-street penalty.

This case involves a penalty notice-comprising documents-served by post.

I can therefore distinguish the judgment.

In any event in the case of Hackney Drivers Association Limited v The Parking Adjudicator and Lancashire County Council CO/7565/2012 on 31st October 2012 Mr. Justice Raynor when considering a penalty notice asked at paragraph 11 of his judgment, "what was fairly conveyed by the penalty notice, read as a whole?" The recipient requires certainty.

I find that the recipient of the penalty notice document read as a whole does not receive certainty.

I will therefore allow the appeal.

I find that there is no requirement to make judgment on the adequacy of the signage issues.