Scotcall Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a phishing letter from Scotcall addressed to my address but in my previous married name. I ignored it.

I have been remarried and therefore had a different name for 12 years now.

I am only 4 months away from being Statute Barred and my credit files are completely clear.

Now Scotcall have started calling at least twice a day. I have put the numbers on choose to refuse so blocked calls from those numbers.

They are still phishing, but I know it is just a matter of time that if they don't get any response then there will be a doorstep call. They do not know if they have the right person. Would responding to a call and denying I am the person they are looking for stop this harassment?

I am very concerned about this, my husband (who knows nothing of this) has mental health problems due to military service and some debt collector turning up at the door really could tip him over the edge.

What should I do?

Basically if some stranger turns up at your door you tell him where to go "in short jerky movements".

If they've written to you, phishing, then send the prove it letter and the removal of visit rights thingy.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit

Normally I'd ignore anything from snotcall but if you're worried about your OH then this could be the way to go adapted to suite your circumstances.

Z.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

First of all, someone turning up has no powers at all, these "people" are not bailiffs, tell them to leave your property, if they refuse then call the Police who will remove them for you on your behalf.

As to the debt, you said you are 4 months away from being Statute Barred, Do you know about this debt? If so what debt is it for? And when did you last make a payment or acknowledge the debt in writing?

Ignore the phone calls, if you do pick up refuse to go through any of their stupid security questions and just say "in writing only" and hang up, do not get into any conversation why you refuse DPA or even confirm your name just hang up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

They are trying to contact with my previous married name, they wrote to me with that name and the calls are for the old name too.

I don't want to acknowledge any letters or calls as I have a new married name.

Definitely 4 months from SB. I CC'd them in 2008 and they just went away. No payments have been made since May 2008.

I have had very few contacts from DC's as they can't produce a CA.

I had a feeling they might pop up again as the SB date is not far away.

The problem is a husband on meds for mental health problems who doesn't know about this.

If your just at the stage of "doorstep" and a few letters with some red writing on it, then I would leave it and see how it plays out.

I cannot remember Scotcall taking anyone to Court, they rely on ex-burger flippers to call you on the telephone and a network of self-employed monkeys that earn 20% of whatever they can collect at the doorstep.

I would leave this to play out, only when you start getting letters with "will" and not "maybe" or "if" etc. then I would start to act.

If you have to act, start every letter with "I do not acknowledge any debt to Scotcall or any Company that it claims to represent".

Start off with the Prove-it letter, followed by a CCA request, that then should drag it out until SB status.

Stigman

Edited by Stigman
because i am a thicko and forget stuff

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Scotcall do not chase valid debts. They prefer to chase bogus ones or unenforceable ones and harass people into paying them. Just send a prove it letter 2nd class using free proof of posting. No need for a CCA request.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

tell us about the debt please

its on your cra file I take it

whats the default date in the summary.

and who is scotcalls client?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Im worried here, solely because Scotcall have been known to take debts from Lowell for chasing.

Id like to know some more info here...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think 'there is no one at this address by that name is a good response in my situation. Thanks Eric'sbrother!

BazookaBoo in our case the only person who should be really worried is the DC.......my husband is 6'4" and 20 st! Mental health problems and aggravation are not a good combination.

That is what worries me, I have been dealing ith the DC's for over ten years now, they don't scare me, they used to but not anymore.

Honestly, i wouldnt reply to scotcall at all. They will give up soon enough. They always do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep, just ignore. OR send the silly little missive back marked RTS not known at this address.

Beware though snotcall do like to send out their uneducated doorstep goons.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!