Been abroad for 2 years (NL) - can companies still conduct a UK credit check on me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been living in the Netherlands since December 2011.

I recently accepted a new job here, with a financial services auditing company. The company has global reach but my role will be based here in Netherlands.

My credit here is perfect as far as I know - I have credit cards and mobile phone and an overdraft, and always pay / have paid on time. I also now have a mortgage. But I think I have o/s defaults and CCJs in UK that I have not yet got around to paying - I mean to pay them when I am settled and more secure.

I know my employer has to conduct a background check on me. What I'm worried about is... can they conduct a Netherlands and a UK credit check?

I am worried that if they do conduct a UK check, I may be adversely affected, and my offer withdrawn, due to the CCJ/ defaults, even though I have been an exemplary credit payer here.

I'm from Ireland originally but lived for a long time in Shrewsbury where I think the CCJ/ default are registered.

I'd love to know the rules around global credit checks and the likelihood of them being conducted, if anyone knows?

Thanks SO much in advance - this forum has been so useful for browsing in the past, and I hope to be able to reciprocate the help to people in time.

Thanks

DC78

Welcome DC - do you have a date for the ccj ?

Hi there. Thanks for your reply.

I checked - the date of the CCJ starts from January 2012. But I moved to the Netherlands in December 2011 - I think that a CCJ can't be issued to a non-UK resident, is that right?

Edited by DucthCourage78

It will have been issued to your last known address.

The judgement if the creditor considers it viable as to the costs involved could pursue it via a European Enforcement Order.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: