Contaminated fuel

Rich44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Last Thursday after coming out of hospital stopped at morrisons in cromer and filled the tank up £70 worth of fuel. Friday morning engine management light came on left car alone till my mechanic could look.

They came out last night put a reader on fault code was low pressure or some such. Anyway they dipped the tank said fuel was evaporating from his finger and smelt very much like petrol.

At the time I remember picking up the black handled pump, looking up to see it said diesel, then after £20 or so had a little panic attack so checked again black, diesel and large bore pump all ok so filled to the brim.

I'm 100% convinced it wasn't me (I've always owned diesels too). I've filled in a form for Norfolk trading standards, what else do I do?

Help

Don't know if car is wrecked or not yet am so upset and depressed. Thanks

As a former Trading Standards Officer for 14 yrs and until recently, I'd be really surprised if Morrisons had mis-fuelled via the tanker. For if they did there would be cars breaking down everywhere and it would be well known that it was a problem.

What car and what year plus how far did you drive?

Turns out fuel is ok but high pressure fuel pump is faulty which means engine out at main dealer. Only had the car since June and only done 31,000 miles don't know what to do now it's gonna cost thousands to put right and just don't have it.

Might just have to get finance Co to take away and negotiate paying it off and go buy a banger to run around in instead. Can't believe it 3 years old 31,000 miles and needs a repair around 40% of car value.

Just going to go hide in bed and cry I think

Turns out fuel is ok but high pressure fuel pump is faulty which means engine out at main dealer. Only had the car since June and only done 31,000 miles don't know what to do now it's gonna cost thousands to put right and just don't have it.

Might just have to get finance Co to take away and negotiate paying it off and go buy a banger to run around in instead. Can't believe it 3 years old 31,000 miles and needs a repair around 40% of car value.

Just going to go hide in bed and cry I think

Thought as much as a miss fuel usually makes itself very apparent on a modern diesel usually makes itself apparent within a few miles especially with the amount you put in.

Again out of interest what car and what year?