• Tweets

• The problem is nuisance/ spoof calls could be coming from the UK or anywhere around the world ?   They are tricking caller display into showing number from "Example" 0161 123 4567" Manchester number, but the call can ordinate from the other side of the world.    BT and Ofcom are aware of this problem, but they are  not having much success in finding a solution as most these calls come from overseas and are outside the EU.   Another trick these scammers are using is, they have software set up on a computer that would dial every phone number Possible.   A computer with dial the code "Example" 0121 200 then dialling every number range from 0001 to 9999, then every time some answer call a operator is alerted, this is how scammers are even getting through to ex directory number.   Same with mobiles, a computer with dial the code "Example" 07661 then dialling every number range from 500000 to 599999.   Scammers are also using VOIP to make All these calls for very little cost to them or even free.   https://tinyurl.com/y64dvvh2     ...  
    • It is telling though that a week in and none of those contributors have had anything to say.
    • Before i fire off a SB letter to BW i have question.   I've read some threads re SB and there is some conflicting advice given   One is to send the SB, the other is not to as it invites letter tennis and the "yes it is, no it isnt"   Given that i have a PAPLOC, should i return that witin the 30 days, send the SB or do both?   Thanks   Martin
    • Thank you for your response. So the bit about being entitled to any VAT or PPI payments, are they entitled to this?
    • Thanks for your reply dx100uk appreciate your help. Is this the barred letter Updated Nov 19? So I not need to wait for agreement or send correspondence to Resolvecall? thanks 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Don't have photocard - car insurance to be cancelled

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2428 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I got new car insurance a few weeks ago & they requested my driving licence. I have the paper part but not the photocard as I got stopped by police & had to give it in to the station & not hot it back yet.

My insurance 'one call' are saying they will cancel my insurance.

What can I do? I can't afford to get a new insurance & I need my car for school runs/work etc ?

The insurance has myself and partner on it, partner has there photocard & paper part but I just have paper part.

Thanks

Just FYI, One call are a very bad insurance company. Do a quick google search.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D