Jump to content


Gopher v HSBC ** WON **


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

This website is great!! :p

 

Second 14 day letter sent to HSBC by registered delivery (1st 14 day letter ignored) and today I have received an offer from them.

 

I am claiming just over £2,000 in charges from them and they have offered just over £,1800.

 

Now, from reading forums and watch the TV, I understand that this is a good first offer but would like to know your thoughts. I see that they have ended up paying in full for a lot of claims.

 

Baring in mind how near we are to Xmas, what would you do? Accept their offer or write back to them and demand the full amount and if full amount is not forthcoming they will receive a summons incl extra interest and charges?

 

Off to sleep on it and see what the family think, but would love to hear from you guys in the meantime too.

 

Thanks,

 

GTG. xx

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see exactly what you mean about it being close to Christmas but really, you've got ages yet in terms of weeks... I would hold out for the full amount if I were you! - It is unexpected money... u didn't know you'd be getting it.. so hold on in there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What reason did they give for offering only 90%? Is there a chance you have made an error in your calculations that they have picked up on?

 

If not then I would write back, saying that you accept the offer as part-settlement of your claim, but you will continue to pursue them for the outstanding £200. You will, of course, drop all action should the full amount be available to you, as cleared funds, before your second deadline.

 

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

 

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to you really. They will pay all of it in the end, so you can choose between getting most of it now or getting all of it + interest if you wait a couple of weeks. As they are legally entitled to charge their actual costs, some may say that 90% is a fair and just offer and a good representation of the money taken unlawfully, others will say, with just as much validity, that they refuse to divulge their actual costs so they should pay the lot. Going on evidance from all the settled claims, they always pay the lot if you hold out for it, usually 2 or 3 weeks after you issue the claim.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

 

 

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there Gordon. My offer was similar to yours. I accepted as part payment. But they had left it too late. I'll give you a quick summary off my track so far...

4th sept-prelim letter sent for £1796

18th lba sent. prelim ignored

28th offer of £1620

29th accepted as part payment

4th applied to MCOL

5th letter recived off MCOL saying HSBC got 14 days from 10th to respond

12th letter fro court saying HSBC going to defend, signed by DG solicitors

28th Letter from DG solicitors asking forsumary of charges in case hsbc decide to settle.

hope ths givs you an idea of time scale. every letter i have i what CAG members have said i would have.lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks loads for the replies so far.

 

Still quite undecided but defo going to sleep on it for the rest of the weekend and decide at the start of the week what I'm going to do.

 

Any more comments in the meatime will be greatfully received and I'll let y'all know what I decide.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Claim for the lot, but it is incumbent on you to accept an interim payment if offered. However, you are not obliged to accept anything if there are attached conditions.

 

Simply say that you will accept as part payment, but that you will pursue them for the balance.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

 

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, their 14 days are up to pay in full.

 

I have decided just to go ahead and issue a summons on them now - remember I said if they'd not paid in full within 14 days I would take action WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE.

 

Thanks so much for the replies etc. I'll let you know how things go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gordon,

 

I'm not in a position to advise, but I'm going for 100% of what I'm owed. They took my hard earned money and now I'm on a mission to get it back - I got into great financial hardship due to some of the costs I incurred from these guys. I'm still only in my mid 20's so hopefully I can repair the damage aleady done!

 

Go for it & good luck,.

 

LeeS80.

HSBC - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 30/10/06

 

07/11/06 - Letter refunding cheque and informing statements will be along shortly.

08/11/06 - Statements from Jan-2001 to Jan-2004 rec'd. Requested more but am waiting.

09/11/06 - Sending of prelim request for refund! £913.50

27/11/06 - Letter from Royal Mail, original prelim lost in post!!

06/12/06 - Another prelim sent :(

19/12/06 - Reply from Mr Langdale saying complaint received and that I'll have a proper response by 5th January 07....

 

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

 

Sent off prelim for £392.00 - All adds up I suppose! 06-12-06

Partial Offer received 19/12/06 - £152, offer accepted as part settlement only......

 

GE Capital Bank - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 31/10/06

 

Store card account. Charges approx £200, prelim being sent off in the new year!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Gordon,

 

I'd wait the extra couple of weeks so you can have all your money back and your 8% interest.

I had an offer of approx 90% of what i was requesting. They didn't reply to either of my letters until after I'd moneyclaimed them. I had also given them an extra week to reply. They stated they intended to defend, and last week i got a letter offering the full amount. Thats just two weeks after their first offer.

 

Get them moneyclaimed!

 

libertie

______________________________________________________________________

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Ok guys, an update!

 

I have been reading a few of the other threads and now find myself in a similar position:

 

I have heard from DG Sols and also have the confirmation through that they intend to defend the claim I submitted via MCOL.

 

I got a letter from them last week asking for full details of the claim (like HSBC haven't already provided them with this!) so sent all the info off again asking them for the full charges plus interest plus court fee.

 

Today I have received the allocation form and full info from my local court - but have to pay the additional £100 fee when I fill it in. I have a short while to get this info completed.

 

However, it would appear that reading through the threads, I will get another letter from DG Sols either offering partial (again) or full settlement. Obviously I am still going for the full amount.

 

My question is - it would appear that this will be resolved before my time is up to fill in the allocation form. Has anyone paid the £100 and filled it in then settled? Do you get the £100 back or should I hand on for a while longer and wait to hear from DG Sols before my deadline is up?

 

Thanks guys,

 

GTG. xx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi GTG,

 

Hang on untill the last day set to file your AQ. I'd be very surprised if they had'nt settled by then, in fact its likely you'll hear from them any day now. If however you have'nt had a settlement by the AQ date, you'll have to submit it and pay the £100. Yes, the AQ fee is a recoverable cost, you will get it back if/when they settle.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

 

 

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree - if you refused that offer last week - my money is on a full offer this week. this is what i did in exactly the same circumstances: wait until friday - if you haven't had another (100%) offer - call dg - asking for whoever sent the offer and say to them - i thought i would have heard from you by now - i'm getting a little anxious as the a.q. is due shortly and i'm sure you don't want to incur even more charges... and they said then and there that the offer was in the post - whether is really was or that prompted the mailing of it - regardless - it worked. so, wait til friday - and call (a.m. so you can be at it through the day if needs be).

nearly there.......

keep us posted - really, i can smell it.........money in your hand by next week!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Finally, last week it was won!!

 

Got the full amount through - just under £2,800.

 

Had to chase them loads for the money though, after I sent my acceptance back.

 

Have written to the court to tell them it's settled out of court now too.

 

Thanks LOADS to everyone on this site, and the site itself!

 

Perhaps a Moderator could move this thread to WON, now?? Thanks.

 

GTF. xx

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! Thats excellent news!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I get this message when I try to send a PM:

 

GordonTheGopher, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres still a few glitches in the system as a result of the huge hit the other night. Should be sorted soon. I'll see if I can get your thread moved for you.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

 

 

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

not all that thin, siena - last sunday (21 jan) i pm'd 20 people with very recent results to pm blueskies and move their threads, to date 2 have.

there were 8 more i know of this last weekend - some are waiting until they see the money - but they have all have accepted offers. you'll be seeing more in this thread soon. but as we know - it is dragging out a bit just now. dg should hire in more staff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...