• Tweets

• What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
    • Here is the reply from POPLA after I complained to its chief assessor -- completely rubbish!   ---   Your complaint about POPLA   Thank you for your email, which was passed to me by the POPLA team as I am responsible for responding to complaints.   I note from your correspondence that you are unhappy with the decision reached by the assessor in your appeal against Parking Eye.     POPLA is an impartial and independent appeals service and we do not act either for the parking operator or the appellant. It is important to explain that it is not our remit to source evidence and documents from either party in support of their submission and our decisions are based on the evidence received from both parties at the time of the appeal. We cannot consider further evidence after the appeal has been completed.   You have advised that the decision issued to you on 29 October 2019 does not address the crucial points of your rebuttal.   You have reiterated your original grounds of appeal. For clarity, I have addressed each point as follows.   Regarding grace periods.   While section 13 of the British Parking Association Code of Practice stipulates that a minimum grace period should be allowed, the grace period is only applicable in car parks are required. In this car park, the entrance signs states that the site is for permit holders and service vehicles only, as such, a grace period is not applicable in this instance. You would have been aware that you did not have a permit on entering the site and I am satisfied that the assessor is correct in determining that the six minutes that you were on the site was not a reasonable period.   You have advised that there is no evidence of landowner authority and have provided a quote from another POPLA decision.   POPLA deals with appeals on a case by case basis and as such, any external factors such as other similar parking contraventions or appeals have no impact on our decision making.   I have reviewed the assessor’s comments relating to this ground of appeal and also the document provided by the operator and I am satisfied that the assessor has correctly stated that the operator has the relevant authority to issue PCN’s on this site.   You advise that no contract was formed between the driver and the operator.   The assessor has advised that the signage on the site makes the terms and conditions of the car park clear which, after reviewing the images of the signs provided, I agree with. By choosing to remain on the site, you have accepted the terms and conditions of this contract and by remaining on site for six minutes without a permit, the terms and conditions were breached.   After reviewing the assessor’s decision, I am satisfied that the outcome reached is correct As POPLA is a one-stage process, there is no opportunity for you to appeal the decision.   As our involvement in your appeal has now concluded you may wish to pursue matters further. For independent legal advice, please contact Citizens Advice at: www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0345 404 05 06 (English) or 0345 404 0505 (Welsh).   In closing, I am sorry that your experience of using our service has not been positive. We have reached the end of our process and my response now concludes our complaints procedure. I trust you will appreciate that there will be no further review of your complaint and it will not be appropriate for us to respond to any further correspondence on this matter.   Yours sincerely Paul Garrity POPLA Complaints Team
    • Thanks for clearing that up Homer.  I was  in the middle of writing what DX100 uk has just said. I notice that no questions have yet been answered from the Stickies posted on either thread. We will need some info in order to  counteract any stpidity by Link to try Court. The PCNs can be produced later under CPR regs. so photos of the car park with the notices at the entrance, around the carpark itself-especially any that are different as well as the T&Cs on the payment meter if there is one would be a help. As would the reason for the ticket. In addition, you could look up the local Council website on planning permissions to see if Link have ever applied for permission to erect NOtices and ANPR cameras within the car park. This would come under Town and Country [Advertisements] Regulations. And if you have any recent PCN remiders from Link that might help a little.
    • OK can we tackle this one by one then please. I will  please need some guidance here as have never filed such form, I'm sorry   DRAFT ORDER (sent through post #72) 01.   Item no. 1 - retain "struck out or heard at re-hearing" or delete the struck out? 02 .  Item no. 4 - should this be included? or how else to write it?     In Witness statement I am saying  I am XXXX XXXX, of MY ADDRESS NO.3 and I am the Defendant in this matter. This my Witness Statement in support of my application dated XX November 2019 to: 1.Set aside the Default Judgement dated 14 August 2019 as I was not properly served at my current address and I am given leave to file a defence, copy of which is attached to the application. 2. Order for the original claim to be dismissed or Set Aside to be re-heard at a new hearing; on the basis that the Defendant has a reasonable defence. 3. Order for the Claimant to pay the Defendant £255 as reimbursement for the set aside fee and refund of any illegal fees paid by Defendant to Newlyn Debt Collection Ltd pursuant to the Default County Court Judgment of 14th August 2019 and reasonable Defendant’s costs required to set aside the Default Judgment   03. Are points 1-3 to be repeated exactly in the Draft Order?    
    • Thanks dx, I understand.    However what legal recourse is available to get it sorted? I've been offered a great deal with my existing lender
  • Our picks

Durkin

Campaign to stop Banks and Retailers reporting to Credit Agencies for non existent debts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2062 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

New government petition to tie in with Supreme Court showdown. Please show your support. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59291

We, the undersigned, call on the UK Government to legislate against banks maliciously reporting disputed credit accounts to credit reference agencies (CRAs)

Banks have a nasty habit to hold people to ransom for money that they don't owe.

Working with retailers and CRAs, false accounts are created. Banks then try to extort money from victims,with the threat of a default.

If the victim refuses to pay, the bank maliciously defaults the account, annihilating the creditworthiness of it's victim.

The victim can't borrow to buy a family home or other borrowing (including 0% deals) and may have trouble finding employment.

The nightmare lasts 6 years (longer if the victim attempts to seek justice)

The Supreme Court will finally rule on the first case to have made it in early 2014. Durkin v DSG & HFC.

Edited by citizenB

One man has been campaigning for over 16 years to prevent Banks and Retailers reporting on a non existent debt. The latest news in this battle can be found in the thread linked below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?264189-Default-damages-PCWorld-wrong-laptop-sold-amp-HFC-Finance-Supreme-Court&p=4456223#post4456223

This is now with the Supreme Court.

Please sign the petition in the first post :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Signed. Wish you success!

Signed

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

I am pleased to see that there had been a flurry of signatures - now stands at 93 :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Signed

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Signed... I wish you the best of luck Richard!

I understand the hearing date was listed for 28th Jan... Please keep us all posted.

For far too long the CRIMINALS in the banking 'profession' have used there power to sway/bully/bribe the government.

Criminal acts should be dealt with by way of CRIMINAL sanctions.....:mad2:

(B)ankers should not be 'immune', and several (many) should do a bit of 'porridge', and have all personal assets confiscated.

Signed and the very best of luck Richard. Having been through the mill with OH on our own case I know just how stacked against you this is as the judiciary prefers to believe the spoken word of the lawyers over the written evidence of the LiP. Best wishes, BB

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

So very right but the govt and judiciary will do nothing for reasons including

a. banks bribe them by paying into party coffers

b. banks blackmail them that they will leave the country and pay even less tax than they pay now - with their tax avoidance schemes

c. politicians like to go to banking jobs after their political careers - very lucrative

d. hospitality perks from banks

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

signed

if you ask me, the whole defaults process needs a radical overhaul, as does all of the banking and finance industry

241 signatures

I signed one hour ago and it still says 241 signatures

Just wondering how long it takes to update.

SecretJay, it can take a few hours to update. Although I note it is now at 242. I am saddened to see only 242 signatures.

The Supreme Court handed down its Judgment on Wednesday..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?420961-Richard-Durkin-wins-Supreme-Court-appeal-–-beware-lenders!

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS