You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2349 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I've worked as a sales assistant for a small family firm for ten years. Last Friday my boss said he could not pay my full wages as he was having financial problems, i.e. paying suppliers for goods received. I'd like to know if he is within his rights to do this without my consent.

In short - no. However, the practical problem is that if they have no money, there's no point in suing them (yet).

Thanks, I've no intention of suing him, just kind of flabbergasted, still. Not sure how to handle the situation.

Make sure you get a signed IOU for the shortfall.

I think I would need to ask him some more details, when will he be able to pay, is the business likely to shut down etc.

You will have to make a decision, on how long you can subsidise the company before you need to find another job.

Are you living hand to mouth, is it a good job, is he fair, might have to give him some leeway if he can return the favor by looking after you when things pick up.

You need to know alot more, in case it is a sinking ship.

Thanks for the advice, I'm 62, so it's unlikely that I would find another job. I really need this one as it's my only source of income.

Looks like I don't have much option other than to tough it out and hope we don't close down.