Buckingham Palace..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

turn it into a theme park!

Nah ...

Best thing they could do is turn in into affordable homes for all the homeless people sleeping out on the streets of the UK on this cold winters night ....

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Not many are empty actually. Most are occupied by household staff.... That only get paid around 14k per year.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nice of the royals to omit the reason why they currently own the palace.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Nice of the royals to omit the reason why they currently own the palace.

I thought the 'Nation' owned the Palace and the Royals look after it like the peppercorn rented National Trust places? - or am I dillusional? :madgrin:

Do you think that tourists would pay to visit the Blair's homes or treasures?

Only those seeking to perform Citizens arrests and sending him to the Hague!!

A1

The royals own it. The just conned the government a long time ago into letting the taxpayer pay for some of it.

Do you honestly believe it would be any less taxing on the public purse to have a President ?
Why would we need a president? In fact why would we have to replace the monarchy with anything at all?

The country runs (sort of) with the current system of parliament and a prime minister, the Queen is merely a figurehead, parliament just pays lip service to any authority the monarchy traditionally had.

As an aside, the comedian Frankie Boyle reckons that a truly great country would throw Buckingham Palace open to the Syrian refugees. I think he has a point.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Not a big royal Family fan but they make the UK a fortune in tourism revenue.

And business contracts.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

interesting. have read that the 'crown' income (from all including the estates and commercial activities, farming etc) goes to the treasury, and in return they (the windsors) get a fixed 'purse' which also covers expenses/maintenance. and atm the income exceeds the purse, but the purse doesn't include costs etc such as policing, protection.. is that correct? aside from the 'royalty' issues, is there a net worth?

• 3 weeks later...

If Scotland becomes independent we should claim back Holyroodrood House Palace, Balmoral Castle, Glamis Castle, Craigowan Lodge, Delnadamph Lodge, Birkhall, etc and convert them into flats for social rented housing.

We then have a referendum to abolish the Queen as Head of State.

After years of being trampled on by the royal family, it seems only fitting that Buckingham Palace be gifted to the new independent nation of Scotland as it's official Embassy. Cameron should of course, bring it up to standard for our use prior to handover.

That would then save England, Wales and Northern Ireland maintenance money in the future.

Seems logical to me and hard to argue against.

Princess Anne has claimed that due to the housing crisis, villages should have bolt on's of housing added to there village's. No Anne no, I have a better idea, ask your mother to move out where she is and turn that property into social housing. Your mother won't be homeless because of her age..

• 2 weeks later...