Re: Please HELP! Caught shoplifting Tescos - first time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51544[/ATTACH]After listening to you guys I ignored several letters from RLP requesting money. I didn't reply to any of their letters. Now I got a letter from SCOTCALL which I think is a dept recovery company. I've taken a photo of the letter. Tesco sent me a civil recovery letter via RLP in jan asking for money. I posted a thread back in jan. Since then I received 3 letters from RLP which I ignored

Now I got this letter. Is it another scare tactic?

Can you please advise again, do I ignore again ?

Edited by Aaftab.mughal

The debt collection rang my house and left a message on the home phone! I rang them back because on the message I couldn't hear who the company was. As soon as I realised I hung up! Where did they get my home number from?? Shall I pay them? I don't want other people in the house to find out!

You shouldn't pay them, other people in the house shouldn't find out unless you tell them. The DCA would be breaking the Data Protection Act. Don't ring them, there is a telephone harassment letter in the library that you can send them.

The debt collection rang my house and left a message on the home phone! I rang them back because on the message I couldn't hear who the company was. As soon as I realised I hung up! Where did they get my home number from?? Shall I pay them? I don't want other people in the house to find out!

The dca normally gives up after a few attempts at contact. Then Jackie simply runs off after another person hoping they are more gullible.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

Hi I have done the biggest mistake in my life.

I shoplifted from boots for£60

they scaned my driving licence and they took my NI number.

police came and because it was my first time they didn't arrest me. they took my details and they said they will keep my record for life time and if I do that again and they catch me I will be arrested.

I need to know is it true they will keep my record for life?

and they said I have been banned from all the bòts zhop across the UK is this also true?

I am really scared if they pass my details to all boots shop or if police keep my record if I do the dbs check it is going to show on that? how much fine will recived from RLP

you need to start a new thread

of your own

this thread is years old

and you wont get seen here

thread closed to stop newbies innocently posting on an old thread

and not being seen quickly

if you have an issue

start a new thread

of your own.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks