• Tweets

• Sounds like  you opened a right can of worms with this favor......but you dont charge for favours...so you have legal contract...even if verbal and not in writing.   She didn't have your personal address but obviously knew were you worked...you must have told her..or your family did.   As per my last post you cant serve papers at your place of business as your not being sued in the business name....hence the set a side hearing.   You was told to submit a defence by 28/5/19 which you did by email to the email address on the response pack which was sent to your work address again...why was it sent to your works address if you had just had a hearing to correct the address ?  Why did you not inform the court the address is still wrong ?   You then submitted your defence to the claim ( which again still contained the incorrect address) but you sent it to the wrong Court...Salford instead of Bradford...Salford stated they would forward it on which they did but by this time Bradford had already awarded a default judgment against you.   The courts refuse to accept this as their error and the Judge states the CCJ stands and refuse to take responsibility for their incompetence.   Now its for you to submit an application (N244) to request a further set a side at your expense...even though they promised to correct it even though you did send your defence to the wrong court.    You could make application without hearing which only costs you £100...given at the last hearing the Claimant did not attend and you dont necessarily have to attend and have it decided on " Papers Only " ...(no hearing)   Should you decide to do this you must ensure that the court has your correct address and no further documents are served to your work place.   Andy          
    • Of course, Ebay is just a cheap advertising medium. If you want rogue sellers try Facebook, it’s full of them, Ebay is prestige compared to FB. 
    • Ok, it's been suggested on several threads to take the company infringing the gdpr to court without giving them a chance to settle a nominal modest sum (£25/£50). This to make them accountable for their failure to follow the law and i am all for it, however I don't know if that could backfire. Hence my question.  
    • Of course there must be a couple of good ebay car sellers, and surely they don't rely on ebay to make a crust.
    • Lets keep this on topic chaps and stick to practical advice...not opinion   Andy
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
Durkin

Petition govt to end wrongful defaults - Supreme Court ruling due early 2014.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1323 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks,

Government will doubtless be obliged to act once the Supreme Court has ruled but to help get the message home that banks should not be allowed to screw us at will, please consider signing this petition.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/59291

Cheers,

Rico.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?416229-Campaign-to-stop-Banks-and-Retailers-reporting-to-Credit-Agencies-for-non-existent-debts(8-Viewing)-nbsp

Oops , sorry Rico, I didnt realise you had already started a thread in the e petition forums and started the one above, which appears to be receiving a fair bit of attention.

Have also linked the petition in the newsletter for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

@ eclecticzebra

This petition was Archived and the Deadline was 21st April 2014 so I dont see how you could sign this petition.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group