Harland's

RobW688
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me and my partner joined I-motion gym on the 4th January 2014.

On a non contract rolling month by month membership.

We went to the gym a couple of times and decided it wasn't for us so we cancelled befor our 1st direct debit came out

which was due on the 19th January 2014.

On the 25th we received a letter each which reads...

Your bank has advised us that your final instalment has been returned unpaid "instruction cancelled".

We have therefore added a £25 administration charge which means there is a balance due of £62.98.

To bring your agreement to an end call the Harland's helpline immediately on 08712502423

as we can collect the £62.98 by debit/credit card please ensure you have your card details to hand.

Alternatively you may send in a cheque which must reach us by no later than 28 jan 2014 to ensure that no further administration charges are incurred.

We have assumed that you do not wish to renew your membership.

If this is not the case and you do want to retain your membership at I-motion gym

please discuss this with one of our customer services team when you call to make payment.

Yours sincerely

Harland's

Just wanting abit of advice were do we stand as I don't want to incur more charges or get bad credit.

Thanks

They wont mark your credit file. This is because they know very well their charges are masked penalty charges and are unenforceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

moved you to the gym forum.

many many threads on them here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No. Hold off on payments for now. Ignore their stupid timeframes. Sit tight and we have a site admin here who can advise on what to do next. All that harlands will do is send some silly threat letters and yell a lot. It's easy to make them back off. You just need specific advice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

what more advice do you want?

just remember

they cant mark your CRA file

they cant charge admin fees.

and they

and they

What do I do now then just forget about it and leave it for the costs to build up and it gets passed to a collection agency? I just don't know what to do and can't be bothered with hassle

The costs wont build up as they are unenforceable penalty charges. Like i said, their aim is to get money from you via any way they can, including lying, harassing and threatening you. Sit tight and ill see if i can grab someone.

Hi Rob,

Don't speak to Harlands by phone at all and keep it in writing only.

If you check the T&C's of your m/ship, I think you'll find you have to give them a month's notice but you definitely do not have to pay and admin fee on top.

If you want to avoid a lengthy battle, I think you should pay what is due, namely :-

1. The amount due on the first DD date.

2. A further month's fee for the notice period.

See other threads for example letters to tell them you'll pay this amount when they confirm in writing that they'll accept it in settlement of all amounts due to them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I was thinking of asking them to accept payment for the first months membership and thats it. But should I have to even pay that as I didnt sign anything or enter a legal binding contract.

Hi Rob,

Whatever you decide to try to pay, to end the matter, put your proposal in writing and await their written acceptance. Until then, the matter is in dispute and you can ignore demands from Harlands and their delightful pet DCA, CRS.

If you signed a DD mandate, was that not part of the gym agreement ? Do you have any copy documents to check exactly what you signed.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Rob,

Whatever you decide to try to pay, to end the matter, put your proposal in writing and await their written acceptance. Until then, the matter is in dispute and you can ignore demands from Harlands and their delightful pet DCA, CRS.

If you signed a DD mandate, was that not part of the gym agreement ? Do you have any copy documents to check exactly what you signed.

Didn't sign any documents. Did it on a computer and just ticked a box stating that I agree to terms and conditions.

Hi Rob,

Ticking the box on a computer system is just the same as signing a paper document.

To bring this to an end with as little trouble as you can, I suggest you agree to pay for the 2nd month (the required notice period).

Adapt and use this letter to get Harlands to confirm they'll accept the amount offered to close the matter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?416268-Harlands-cancellation-problem&p=4456679&viewfull=1#post4456679

Do not offer to pay any admin fee, whatever else happens.