Yes another wage problem - sorry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I joined my new job on 6th Jan and was due to be paid on 24th Jan. I didn't get paid so I phoned HR who said I could get paid at any time that day so I waited. It didn't arrive so I phoned HR again to get payrolls number.

After many calls it turns out payroll read the last number of my account wrong it was a 4 not a 9. Now I have to wait for it to be returned before I see any of it. They even asked my to contact my bank (halifax) to see if it was waiting to be returned. They say this can take a few days or if the account exists much longer.

Is http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/demos/bankvalidator.aspx valid? It claims the account the money went into doesn't exist.

probably. Lots of bank account numbers don't exist. It'll still be with the bank who won;t be able to match it up and will then return it.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

So did you contact your bank as suggested by payroll? What did your bank say?

When a salary is allocated to an account which doesn't exist, the bank will place the amount into a suspense account and eventually return it to the employer. If you contact your bank with details of the amount and date in order to verify you are entitled to the money, the bank may allocate the money to your account instead of returning to the employer.

I have personal experience of wrong numbers which can be resolved by contacting the bank providing you do it promptly, not several days later as the money will probably have been returned by then.

I have also phoned the bank as the employer, but they quite correctly, wouldn't speak to me as I wasn't their account holder.

So did you contact your bank as suggested by payroll? What did your bank say?

When a salary is allocated to an account which doesn't exist, the bank will place the amount into a suspense account and eventually return it to the employer. If you contact your bank with details of the amount and date in order to verify you are entitled to the money, the bank may allocate the money to your account instead of returning to the employer.

I have personal experience of wrong numbers which can be resolved by contacting the bank providing you do it promptly, not several days later as the money will probably have been returned by then.

I have also phoned the bank as the employer, but they quite correctly, wouldn't speak to me as I wasn't their account holder.

Yes I did phone and I got nowhere, they couldn't look at any account other than the one on their screen - mine. All they said was that it would bounce back the same day if the account did exist but nothing has happen yet! I may try going into the bank and asking.

Well email response from payroll:

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this but we cannot make an emergency payment to you until we have traced the funds and they have been returned.

The payroll team are working as hard as they can to confirm the returned funds and a payment will be made to you as soon as possible.

I have cancelled all my bills and reduced my rent payment as what money my partner puts in my account each month will not cover them. Will be living on the credit card then!

who wrote down the figure that could have been a 4 or a 9 in the first place?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!