style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2141 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:mad2:Ok where to start before taking this out for my daughter we phioned hasting to see how much her insurance would go up once she passed her test as the quote was for £158 whilst she was learning

We were told around £100 - 250 for the year depending on her driving feed back - Fair eneough i thought

so understand that she did not use her car much for 6 months as she was learning in the drivers instructers car and did not do a lot of other driving infact the car stayed in the garage for nearly 3 months

Whjen she passed her test in Dec the insurance jumped to £376 A MONTH when i finally got up off the floor and called the insurance company they said that was correct and e-mails since sent have had no reply asking them to justify this cost

My daughter at most will drive 60 miles a week in a radius of 9 miles this has got to be a rip off, its a fiat panda 1.2 no mods basic car low mileage

that's about average mate.she certainly wouldn't be paying £100-£250 for the year after just passing her test,theres a mistake there.

that's about average mate.she certainly wouldn't be paying £100-£250 for the year after just passing her test,theres a mistake there.

An extra 100 to £250 quid a year rather than a quote without Telemetics running at an original £1950 and an agreed amount of £300 pounds when she passed her test

this has gone from £1580 a year with tele then jumped up to what would be over 4k is that right !!!!

Sounds wrong to me, unless she is driving around like Justin Bieber !

I don't trust the way that Insurers are running these Telemetric policies.

Suggest cancelling and going elsewhere. She will get a better priced normal policy through a local brokers.

I will ask the site team to move this thread, as on the CAG Insurance page, we have a Hastings rep.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Take a look at 6 or 10 month policies as well, since you get a full years NCB at the end of them. My first 3 policies were 6 month ones, meaning I had 3 years NCB in 18 months of driving.

My partner has one of these but with through ingenie.

It was constantly saying she was speeding, harsh acceleration and harsh braking.

Now the brakes can be a bit bitey but the car is a 1.0 yaris. Certainly is not capable of fast acceleration ! Push bikes beat it away from the lights and up the road before it catches up lol

After repeated complaints they have made down policy refunds.

Tbh the box is going this year regardless of what the renewal cost is without. Partner spends more time looking at the speedo as mainly 20 zones here than she does the road.

my niece passed her test aged 23,they wanted 3000 a year from her,shop around as advised

:mad2:Ok where to start before taking this out for my daughter we phioned hasting to see how much her insurance would go up once she passed her test as the quote was for £158 whilst she was learning

We were told around £100 - 250 for the year depending on her driving feed back - Fair eneough i thought

so understand that she did not use her car much for 6 months as she was learning in the drivers instructers car and did not do a lot of other driving infact the car stayed in the garage for nearly 3 months

Whjen she passed her test in Dec the insurance jumped to £376 A MONTH when i finally got up off the floor and called the insurance company they said that was correct and e-mails since sent have had no reply asking them to justify this cost

My daughter at most will drive 60 miles a week in a radius of 9 miles this has got to be a rip off, its a fiat panda 1.2 no mods basic car low mileage

Hi John, Thank you for posting. Can you please contact us directly and supply some details about your daughters policy so that we can ask our Smartmiles team to check on the prices for you? help@hastingsdirect.com Many Thanks, Jamie