new-me2010

Marlin/Restons Claim form LLoyds Current Account 'debt' - ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Debt Collection Letters and "demands for payment" are not considered relevant contact" I think. Starting a court claim is.

Allegedly serving a Demand/Termination 6 months after last deposit is the cause of action Brig which would prevent it becoming Statute Barred...in their eyes ..if they served one and can prove it ...otherwise its SB pre litigation.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just been going through paperwork and have heard nothing on this since I took the paperwork back in March.

Is this normal?

Thanks Andy

How long would it be stayed for or is it the proverbial piece of string ?

How long would it be stayed for or is it the proverbial piece of string ?

yes, if not a set stay period, usually until it or you apply to lift stay with reason.

IMO

:-):rant:

via an application to the court, within which could request directions/strike out for eg

there may be a hearing though, where the claimant might object to a strike.

IMO

Have received a letter today from Restons from a trainee solicitor. I can't scan as desktop isn't working.

We refer to the above matter and note that i recently filed a defence. (6 months ago.)

They have asked Lloyds for the necessary documentation and are still waiting for a reply.

" You admit to having a current account with Lloyds TSB Plc, therefore we kindly ask whether you are prepared to offer a settlement figure or repayment proposals towards the outstanding balance in the meantime. If so, please complete the financial statement clearly stating you offer of repayment or alternatively advise our office of a settlement figure by a date no later than the 15th October 2014

We look forward to hearing from you."

How should I reply to that?

Have received a letter today from Restons from a trainee solicitor. I can't scan as desktop isn't working.

We refer to the above matter and note that i recently filed a defence. (6 months ago.)

They have asked Lloyds for the necessary documentation and are still waiting for a reply.

" You admit to having a current account with Lloyds TSB Plc, therefore we kindly ask whether you are prepared to offer a settlement figure or repayment proposals towards the outstanding balance in the meantime. If so, please complete the financial statement clearly stating you offer of repayment or alternatively advise our office of a settlement figure by a date no later than the 15th October 2014

We look forward to hearing from you."

How should I reply to that?

Are you being serious?:lol:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Have received from Restons

That was my defence

They haven't sent me the overdraft facility agreement

How do I proceed?

Sorry was rushing around.

Received a letter from Restons, my scanner is down so can’t copy so typing main notes.

“Marlin v NM re Lloyds Current Account.

We refer to the above matter and see that you have filed a defence at court which states that

you dispute the amount owed on the basis that it consists of unlawful interest applied.

Enclosed with the letter are

Reconstituted copes of the statements of account from Dec 06 and Jan 09.

Please note the final entries on the account refers to an internal accounting procedure when the balance was transferred to a separate account.

This does not show that the account has been written off/repaid.

The NoA from November 2012

Now we have provided you with details namely a breakdown of the outstanding balance,

we would be grateful for you to confirm that you are willing to withdraw your defence

by completing the enclosed form N9a and returning it o this office by no later than Nov 18th.

Failing which we may be instructed to make an application to strike out the defence/for summary judgment

and seek an order that you pay the claimants costs in association with that application.

Signed

Trainee Solicitor”

Checking through the statements showed that the last time I did anything on this account was Dec 07

which made it statute barred 11 months ago.

How do you suggest I proceed?

I think it might be the wording of point 3 of your defence that has caused this.

unlawful interest & unlawful deductions/charges.

as we didn't see it before you filed, andy and the knowledgeable crowd could not help .

should have read;

the outstanding balance on the account was purely the result of numerous PENALTY charges & the interest they accrued.

though I doubt it really matters

see what andy says.

pers I think its just another attempt to make you give them 'something' before they discontinue.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It was all a rush ....... not good place at the time.

They didn't send the overdraft details

Responding to your PM

Its a standard ploy by this solicitor to pressure you to cave in....hold your nerve and wait.

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy,

I was a little perturbed and getting twitchy.

Will sit on my hands and wait.

NM x

I've sat on my hands and waited and received this morning

As I didn't reply by 18th november they have given me until the 29th to send in my N9A

If I don't they will ask to strike out Defence and obtain a summary judgement and seek an order to pay.

Next Move?

Continue to sit on your hands....no party dictates to the other what to do...if they wish to make application...let them you will of course oppose it.

Andy

Thank you Andy.

I will continue the hand sitting.

Mind you in this weather hand sitting is very comfortable I don't like cold fingers. :lol:

The thing is they don't need to make that threat ...they don't need to ask you to submit N9A.....if they feel their claim is strong then they can just lift the stay and proceed to trial and get judgment...the threat of Summary Judgment (which is judgment without trial) is meant to scare you into a knee jerk and compromising your defence.

...... an internal accounting procedure when the balance was transferred to a separate account. .....

sounds like to loyds' 'router' account. can that be questioned also? remembering paulwaltons? thread re a router account?

IMO

This has now disappeared off my credit report.

1 default down and 3 to go one goes in July and the other 2 10 months today.

How does it get any better than that?

Good Morning, and isn't it a lovely day.

Received this morning from Restons.

Dear Madam

Re Marlin Europe v NM2010 Lloyds TSB

Please find enclosed by way of service upon you Notice of Discontinuance.

We are now closing our file and thank you for your cooperation

Yours faithfully

Trainee Solicitor.