style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all this is my first time writing in a forum, so i am a bit nervous.

Early last year a TVL officer gave me a visit. I have a TV but I haven't watched TV for about 7 years.

My understanding was that you had to pay TVL if you owned a TV.

Was taken to court but never attended as it was on my birthday and that is depressing.

I was fined £310. I called the court to pay, but they said it had gone to the enforcement.

I called them up and made an arrangement to pay £80 a month. before or on 28th

I made 28th October payment. Then paid 29th October for november payment. Then 29th November which was December payment because I knew it would be a sticky month.

So for me I am up to date. But I made no payments in december.

So now i got a notice of attendance. More money has been added. Not dated which is quite scary!

While researching on the TVL website I noticed that I didn't have to pay license because I do not watch live TV nor do i watch catch up. My T.V is strictly for game console.

I have called TVL and they are reimbursing me money I have paid for this years License.

My two questions.

Even though I am up to date but didn't pay in December can they add on money.

Can i go back to the courts and say I was wrongfully taken to court with misguided information.

Thank you for your help in advance.

So you pleaded guilty to owning the TV and stitched your self up with the Crapita goon, you don't need a license unless you are using it to watch programmes as they are broadcast. Don't know if they would let you appeal, but you could write to the court and ask them.

This TV I assume it is old, and cannot show a programme any more as it is analogue, and would need a Freeview box to show one ? Do you own a Freeview box, and as there has been no analogue broadcasts for the last two years, then the conviction even though you admitted the offence is dodgy, as there is no way you could have watched broadcast TV on that set, and you were misled by the rapacious Crapita TVL salesman after commission. When you write to them, include the fact that the TV at the time did not come under any jurisdiction of the TV Licence as it cannot by definition receive a Live TV Broadcast as defined under the law , being analogue, and therefore could not have done at the time of the goons call

Other Caggers will know more, but with TVL it is best to remember, DO NOT admit or say anything to them, they have gained convictions on people who don't even own a TV during that damned "Doorstep Interview Under Caution" Best thing to do with a Crapita goon is to slam the door in their face and say nothing. If they ask your name it is Mr/Mrs/Ms Legal Occupier.

The TV Tax should be abolished, as has been done in Australia.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I thank you for your response. If only I knew then, what I know now!

I just really don't like NOTICE OF ATTENDANCE. I am up to date.

I am being slapped with more money because I have paid earlier??

If you have been to court and convicted yourself of the heinous crime of not funding the BBC, then the ONLY money you are liable to pay is the fine issued by the court, NOTHING else.

Ignore these clowns colectica, pay the court direct.

Who has claimed they will 'attend'? Colectica? As above, open the door, laugh at them then shut it, you are under absolutely NO legal obligation to speak with or discuss anything with anyone on your doorstep in your own private property or otherwise.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you have been to court and convicted yourself of the heinous crime of not funding the BBC, then the ONLY money you are liable to pay is the fine issued by the court, NOTHING else.

Who has claimed they will 'attend'? Colectica? As above, open the door, laugh at them then shut it, you are under absolutely NO legal obligation to speak with or discuss anything with anyone on your doorstep in your own private property or otherwise.

BB it is a criminal fine for TV License, and unfortunately Collectica, can use the provisions in Schedule 4A of the Domestic Violence Crimes & Victims Act 2004

Please look at this sticky:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?407528-HMCS-Forced-Entry-Protocol-for-use-by-bailiffs-enforcing-Magistrates-Court-FINES

If anyone can advise on how to appeal or overturn their own guilty plea, which apparently was made on the back of obsolete knowledge and likely connivance of a crapita goon it would be of benefit to mpna41

Mona, can you confirm

1: how old is the TV?

2: is it an old analogue TV that needs a set top box to get a broadcast?

3: Do you own such a box?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If they ask your name it is Mr/Mrs/Ms Legal Occupier.

Yea... no. Its better to just shut the door in their face instead of trying FOTL stuff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No. The Tv licence monkey has lied. I've stated many times before, when the tv licence idiots come, just close the door or ignore them. If you tell them you have a tv, a lot of them will mark it as you are evading the tv licence if you dont let them into your house to check. If you refuse them entry by shutting the door or ignoring them, they cant do anything. They cannot act off a general suspicion. They have to have proof or very strong proof if they are to take court action which may result in a criminal record.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The downside is you did not attend Court - I'm not criticising - and were therefore found Guilty in your absence, how did you plead? When you were notified about the fine were you ever asked about your means?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

im sorry, the courts will of issued a warrant of distress which under the DVCV act, forced entry can be made and the warrant costs can be reclaimed under the magistrates court act, so laughing and shutting the door will only force futher action

I never pleaded.. I was asked about my means with the when the court date was issued!

I was suffering from other problems.. A spurt of anxiety attacks and work problems. Which is why I will deal with TV license later. My main concern is Collectica right now!

Just wanted to see if I could argue that I was taken to court for mis guided information...

You dont have to sign anything. Sadly the courts will side with tv licensing unless the TV owner can prove they dont need one.

In tv licencing's eyes yes. Or more so, the silly 'investigators' that turn up. They tried it with me years ago, until i called the 'investigator' up as a witness, and the case got dropped fast.

In tv licencing's eyes yes. Or more so, the silly 'investigators' that turn up. They tried it with me years ago, until i called the 'investigator' up as a witness, and the case got dropped fast.

I was thinking what evidence was presented by them that's hoping the OP could fill in the blanks