style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could I ask why?

If you wish to close a CAG User Account you will need to contact Admin with the reason why you wish to close that account:

[email protected] (no spaces)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Well, clearly my request was completely ignored - not even the courtesy of a response!

So I was lied to then by another site member!

What benefit is there to CAG in refusing to close an account? Why are you so adamant that people cannot be allowed to close and leave? Of course, if it got around too many people may close accounts and then the number of members might decline noticeably.

It's not as if it's a case of concern that someone might close one account and open another - there is apparently no restrictions on the number of accounts one can have.

I think it's a matter of respect for people which I'm not seeing here, and there is no warning when one joins that one can never close an account.

I cannot claim to have donated very much to this site but I've given when I can even when long term unemployed and now retired on basic pension, which is more than most people apparently do.

There is no respect for people here any more.

Why do you need to have your account closed? Just delete the site from your computer, no one can access your account or use it to post new threads or reply to others if you dont give your account details or pass to anyone

Well, clearly my request was completely ignored - not even the courtesy of a response!

What benefit is there to CAG in refusing to close an account? Why are you so adamant that people cannot be allowed to close and leave? Of course, if it got around too many people may close accounts and then the number of members might decline noticeably.

It's not as if it's a case of concern that someone might close one account and open another - there is apparently no restrictions on the number of accounts one can have.

I think it's a matter of respect for people which I'm not seeing here, and there is no warning when one joins that one can never close an account.

I cannot claim to have donated very much to this site but I've given when I can even when long term unemployed and now retired on basic pension, which is more than most people apparently do.

"no respect for people" = one of the reasons why I have asked above.

one of the site team has accused me of taking 'pot shots' at customer reps when it is clearly not myself taking pot shots as other people in the site team have made comments such as the business deserves to go under, the ceo couldnt care less etc. yet, i am accused of taking pot shots! haha!!!

i can understand that to close an account would be nonsensical... you could just simply not login to the site anymore.

but if there were a benefit of closing your account such as posts removed, then i can understand why you ask.

i would say that most of the site team at CAG are professional. just my experience with one member of the site team shows otherwise.

apart from my experience which causes me to want to leave and delete my posts, the website CAG is great!

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

PG...

not sure if you are getting slightly confused here

nor your reason for the closure...

however.

the closing of any account serves no purpose in reality

it does not remove your threads

nor does it remove your posts

[in-case that is what you wanted by the request?]

all it would do would be to prevent YOU from logging in to CAG.

you can achieve the same result by..not using CAG if you don't want too.

hope this helps

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There were a couple of responses - one which asked WHY you required to close your account ?

In what way were you misled ?

We have no problems with people leaving CAG - if you no longer wish to be part of the CAG community, simply dont log in any more - wipe any links from your own computer ?? Amend your profile so that you dont receive any notifications. Even if we were to remove your name from the database - posts already made by you can still be located from other search engine caches

There is actually - and 2nd registrations are usually spotted fairly quickly and removed !

TBH, I do not see where lack of respect comes into this at all ??

Whilst we appreciate any and all donations no matter how small, it is not expected. CAG is and always will be a free resource.

That resource being posts made and responses given to users. When someone benefits from the advice given by the volunteers on the site, it seems rather mean for that recipient to ask for their posts to be removed !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As the answers given don't appear to be satisfactory, i.e. that if you no longer wish to part of the CAG community don't post, I have made other arrangements so that the two posters above who no longer wish to participate in posting on CAG cannot now post.

Posts already made will however remain.

This thread is now closed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks