Littlewoods cat debt claim form from lowells - a faulty hoover they never repaired

roguehunter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many thanks for all your help, I will amend the letter.

Regarding the S.A.R. Littlewoods were the original owner of the claim but Lowell's are the one prosecuting me at the moment and now the owners, so I believe it would be Lowell's that I send it to. Just wasn't sure if they might think it is a payment of money towards the debt but I guess I could put it in the letter explaining. and wasn't sure how to write the name on the postal order so they could claim it.

Do you think that i should be doing anything else? or for future reference preparing other work letters etc ready for later.?

Many thanks again

roguehunter

p.s. Do you also have any comments regarding the directions letter that i need to send back in to court which is above.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sar always goes to the OC [original creditor]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for all your help but can some one rectify who i am supposed to write to requesting the S.A.R ? Because so far iv been told it was Lowell's the last ones who are taking me to court and I'm now told its littlewoods so before i send the letter monday can some one tell who would be the right ones.

Many thanks every one for all your help.

no-one here has ever said the SAR goes to anyone bar the original creditor

that is littlewoods

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry, ok many thanks. If I ask Littlewoods for the S.A.R. would i only get their information from them? and would i need the other companies who bought my claim information regarding the matter also, and if so do i need to send a S.A.R to them too?

Many thanks

A SAR is used to obtain all the "personal" data the original creditor (in this case Littlewoods) holds on you.

Debt purchasers and DCAs have only the data from the time they acquire a debt and that is absolutely minimum.

A CCA request goes to last pursuer to contact you usually the DCA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Did you send Littlewoods the SAR to get hold of all information they have regarding the account you had with them ?

Have you send Lowells the CCA request ?

So you will get a letter from your local county court in due course with details of mediation procedures, where you will be able to see if you can come to an agreement with Lowells ?

I have not read the whole thread, but are you disputing that you had any debt owing to Littlewoods and therefore Lowells have bought a debt that does not exist ? If this is so, then you will need evidence to support this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

What evidence have you got that you did inform Littlewoods of a problem with the hoover ? Did the SAR to littlewoods reveal anything or do you still have the paperwork about the complaint ?

On hoovers when you buy them, there is a label saying that if you have a problem with the appliance to contact the manufacturers, who will arrange repair or replacement. This is because it is a hygiene type product and I presume they would not want the hoovers taken back to retail shops. This does not affect your rights that you have with the retailer under Sale of Goods Act, but simply reflects the nature of the product.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

you issue is your scans are HUGH

a 1 page scan should be about 150kB not 10Megs!

you are exceeding the bandwidth

thus it takes hours to upload each 10Meg file

set your scanner to 150dpi

please delete/replace or edit the ones you have already put up.

and they

it might be better if you do all the scanning at 150dpi

then put everything in a word document

THEN convert that to PDF.

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

and they

have had to remove the recent posts with the hugh scans

as it makes the thread so slow to load

dx

and they

Many thanks for your reply and help I really do appreciate any help you can give me.

To answer your questions first:

1. Yes I sent Littlewoods a S.A.R. request a little while ago including the £10.00 fee required, and recently had the details back. I am very confused with this, due to the way it is set out I will add to the attachments 2 pages of examples so you can see this is what it is like through out and small amount of pages.

The dates are from 01/03/2008 to 31/03/09 not my original dates I opened the account some where around 2006 and the hover was purchased around 2007 yet I only seam to have paper work dated from 01/03/2008 ? Which they sent in the S.A.R.??

2. The statement are from no.16 to 38 then non in-between then from 135 to 149 only.??

There are no actual letters which were sent to me enclosed, I have some copy s my self and the statements seam to be computerised information. I was hoping the letters I sent to them would be included cause I cant find my copy and the phone conversations which I was told would be, but there is nothing.

I needed this information to work out many things and the information needed many was back in the beginning of buying the hover approx 2007.

What is the best thing to do ??? Can I do something to get the correct information?? I thought by law they had to provide me with all the paper work and everything from letters to conversations etc.??? I feel cheated.

3. Regarding the C.C.A. No one has told me send one so no I haven’t.?

4. I have spoken to the mediation service after receiving some letters from my court, and have preliminary booked 3 dates for the mediation. So now waiting on their contact.

5. But in one of the attachments/letters I am sending you, there is a short paragraph from bryn solicitors?? starting I need to attend a preliminary court hearing 29th April 2014 before my mediation dates.

I am confused due to letter seams to be a copy sent from the solicitors of the other side (lowells) and not the court its self.???

They have also stated they will not be attending the 29th April, but to allow the paper work in its place.?? Not sure what to do or whats happening?? How are we supposed to talk.?

6. It would seam also I was supposed to have sent a letter 7 days before the hearing to add Littlewoods as a joint But due to my illness and personal problems with my mums heart attack etc these letters didn’t get addressed straight away and 29th is this tuesday.

I phoned the court and asked them what the best thing I should do is? They replied saying to let the judge know the information on the 29th april.??

Do you know anything I should do regarding this? A previous letter was sent to court requesting this before.

7. I believe I need evidence, the main evidence I have is the letter on the 16th july 2007 with them acknowledging the fault where at present they are trying to denie any of this has taken place. e.i. Me getting in touch phone calls to complain and my letters I sent but problem is I don’t have proof my self of the letters I wrote or the conversations etc especially about the dd set up with them to pay the final amounts off which would of settled the account and not got me into debt except I would still have a hover which has never worked from the beginning correctly.

If you know the best way to go with this and exactly what evidence, would help?? Im pretty confused and the problems im going through and dyslexia is not helping.

So sorry to add this a bit last minute but my life is so difficult at present and im making myself ill just trying to do what I can.

I would be very grateful if you could help me with any of this, my court hearing is 29th April this tuesday and im very worried, I have no one to go with me and unsure of what to really do and have a pile other hardships on my back at present to fit around everything.

Thank you for your time, patience and understanding with a difficult situation, I hope you will be able to help me to be a little more prepared for tuesday, sorry for any inconvenience.

Many thanks for all your help.

Attachments first batch

1. Pdf letter 8/4/2014 notice of allocation

2. Pdf copy S.A.R. letter from littlewoods

3. pdf page 7 .S.A.R. INFO FOR FORUM e.g. (example pages from littlewoods S.A.R.)

4. pdf S.A.R. page 3 S.A.R. for forum (example pages from littlewoods S.A.R.)

Attachments 2ND batch

1. Page 2 pdf

2. Page 3 pdf

3. Page 4 pdf

4. Page 5 pdf

5. Page 6 pdf

Attachments 3rd batch

Pdf new letter page 2 14/4/14 preliminary

should have Cover or 1st page but unable to attach it.

It was dated 14th april 2014 from bryan carter solicitors

R.E. Preliminary hearing date 29th april 2014

We write further to the court order dated 8th April 2014. Please find enclosed a copy of the letter sent to the court today.

Please i am very new to a lot of computer stuff and need to have this up here now cause i have only till tomorrow to get the help.

. and have a lot to still do to prepare..

im not sure whats going on with the scans but its the same as i usually do it

and doesn't take long to add just plays up some times and wont finish or add on..

i have no idea how to change the dpi and i am running out of time

i should have finished all this by now so i can work on the rest.

. please can you help.

its taking so long doing all this i don't have the time.

And don't understand everything regarding pcs.

I think you need some evidence that you contacted Littlewoods about the faulty hoover, otherwise you risk being seen to be using a fictional issue to get out of a debt. According to Bryan Carters in your documents attached. Littlewoods have advised them that they have no information about a complaint about the hoover. Perhaps ask BC for a copy of any letter they have had from Littlewoods stating that there is no record of any complaint being received by you.

Is there any way what i have done can be left for now due to my time etc

im panicking and worried i wont have the time to re scan everything thats been put away again

it took me all last night to do.

when i have a lot more to do as well as my health and other problems etc.

Then i would have to wait for help from people on this site before having to do

anything my self.. its just so over wealming i cant do it all in such a short time

and will have to go into a hearing unprepared and unsure of what to do..

I hope you will understand .. THANKS

The letter in post # 66 appears to back up your version of events, seeing as they have provided contact details for you !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What is the hearing on the 29th for ?

Check with the court you are attending and see if they have a duty solicitor - they might be have the time to go into the hearing with you.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i'll deal with the pdf's if you like

i'll send you an email ad

post them there

i'll do them asap for you

just post what you have scanned

dx

and they

Thank you all so much, im just reading over what you require and will sort it now.. Many thanks DX100UK i really dont know what to do and sorry, have you sent me an e mail to my e mail account? Where will you send the email ad?? Will i then just have to post the original scans in this? thanks you so much for all your help.

CITiZENB ..Where is post 66?? im a little confused can you explain plz...Do you mean my attachment letter/evidence.. ??

if so yes its the only letter i have was hoping that the S.A.R. Would fill in the gaps but as iv stated in my recent post 62 they have not supplied certain things and though by law they had to? is there anything i can do?

What is the hearing on the 29th for ? I was told it is a hearing but because the mediation dates have not been sorted yet only provisionally booked. i would have to attend tried to talk to the court regarding this but not a lot of help. But lowells will not be there are sending in one of the letters i was attaching to here instead..

I will ring again tomoz and try and find out about a duty solicitor. thanks for all your help... if you can help answering any of the questions i have in post 62 i would be very greatful, ill be on here till late checking it now and again. THANKS EVERY ONE

you should have a private msg here in your msgbox

drag right up the very top of this page on cag and click notifications

then read your PM

the use that email address and forward me every scan you have done via your email program

dx

and they

Post # 66 is the one above mine - one that you posted including your letter ?

dx will send you a private message with the email address - if you look at the very top of the screen you will see "notifications" - when the message is sent you will see a number appear.

BCOBS

all what I have received by email

and they