• Tweets

• They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the xx/xx/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the xx/xx/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, xx/xx/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Littlewoods cat debt claim form from lowells - a faulty hoover they never repaired

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Let us see your final draft before you post it off.

Okay, just a few more questions before I finish the claim.

Is there a problem with entering estimated information? Or information gathered to the best of my abilities?

I am in the process of moving GP surgeries. If I required medical evidence do I need to wait and include this before sending the defence back?

To answer your questions:

Claimant is Lowells

1: Refund of all money paid for the Hoover

£296.60

2: Loss of use of Hoover and inconvenience of having to clean house manually

£15 per month x 16 months - £240

3: Effect on health

I can’t say that having to manually clean the house caused the Fibromyalgia as I was diagnosed with this some time ago, but I was definitely in pain because of it. I’m pretty sure my GP could corroborate this but I’m not 100%. Same situation with the chest problems, it would be difficult to prove conclusively. What would you recommend?

4: Unlawful processing of personal data, stress caused by being wrongfully pursued for alleged debts

£100 (Specific damage is hard to ascertain, how could I go about proving this and putting an amount on it?)

5: Total plus interest at 8%

Total = £636.60 (Not included effect on health)

6 Years 8% Interest = 305.52

Total + Interest = £942.12

Defense

I deny the claim. I bought a Hoover on credit from Littlewoods in 2007. It did not work properly from the start and broke down completely soon afterwards. Littlewoods refused to help me and eventually told me to contact the manufacturer. They wanted £180 to carry out repairs which I couldn't afford. I have never used the Hoover since that time. I continued to make payments and having paid the majority of the balance, I ran into financial hardship and the account fell behind. Offers of reduced payments were rejected.

Counterclaim

I now understand that Littlewoods had a duty under the Sale of Goods Act. They breached their duty. The Hoover did not work from the start, Littlewoods admitted the fault in a letter dated 16th July 2007 but refused to help and referred me to the manufacture instead.

I was unable to afford the £180 repair bill they quoted. I haven’t been able to use the Hoover since the first few weeks I got it. I did not know my rights and I accepted the situation and kept on paying the installments as well as interest payments and charges.

I am a single parent who has been trying to bring up two children with limited resources along with health issues and personal problems.

As I was trying to pay Littlewoods their installments, charges and interest, I could not afford another Hoover and had clean manually with a dustpan. It was over a year before I could afford another vacuum cleaner for which I paid £70. A cleaner that was much less effective than the one supplied by Littlewoods for £244.

Having to use a dustpan for over a year caused serious difficulties as it was difficult and much less effective to clean in that way. In addition to my two children, we also have a dog. At times I require the use of a Nebulizer. Using a dustpan caused a great deal of dust and the continued inhalation did not help existing chest problems. Additionally, having to clean this way also affected my chest. The physical strain of having to use a dustpan to clean the house exacerbated an existing Fibromyalgia disability. This left my back, and joints throughout my body in a lot of pain.

As a result of my financial problems, my account was unjustly sold onto varies debt collection agencies. I have been subject to a huge number of demands for money over the years from various agencies - despite my protests and complaints to Littlewoods. Entries have been placed on my credit file - which I now realize have been placed there unlawfully because of the circumstances of the case. This breach of the Sale of Goods Act by Littlewoods, and the consequent unlawful processing of my data has caused serious distress for me as I have carried out my responsibilities as a single parent. I have also tried to cope with health problems, dealt with a family member’s terminal illness, subsequent bereavement and caring for a disabled housebound Parent.

I'm surprised that the money paid for the item is so low. Does that really take in all the interest and charges etc?

In respect of the health issues, - you have to put whatever is the truth and which you feel can be argued. I think that you have expressed it very well in your own adaptation of my proposed counterclaim. If your doctor will support you with a letter then that will make life very much easier.

Which information is that you want to estimate?

Specific damage for unlawful data processing would be in the form of refused credit - or higher charges for credit because of the Littlewoods problem. If your credit file is wrecked anyway because of other debts then you won't be able to point to Littlewoods as a source of the damage.

Maybe a good way to go would be

1. Refund of all money paid for the Hoover including price, charges and interest - £XXXX
  2. Loss of use of Hoover and inconvenience of having to clean house manually for 16 months - £XXX (maybe £15 per month - £240)
  3. Effect on health - maximum £XXXX in the discretion of the court(This depends upon the evidence you have)
  4. Unlawful processing of personal datalink3.gif and stress caused by being wrongfully pursued for alleged debts - maximum £XXXX in the discretion of the court (unless you can show specific damage here, I would keep this very modest - say £100 max.)
  5. Plus interest on the adjudged total pursuant to s.69 County Courts Act 1984 (This simply means interest at 8%)
  6. An order requiring removal of all related references from my credit file within 7 days
  7. An order requiring destruction of all data relating to me in this matter.

Finally - I have to remind you that this is your case and that you will have to present it in court yourself. Small claims courts are very informal - and the hearings are held in a fairly ordinary room with everyone remaining seated. The judge is likely to be quite helpful to you but do be aware that if Lowells act stupidly, then they are likely to come at you because this is often the way that professionals treat lay-litigants.

If you lose the case (unlikely) - or any part of it (possible) then that will be down to you. The Small Claims rules protect you from costs even if you lose as long as you litigate sensibly and reasonably.

Make sure that you are comfortable with your defence and counterclaim. There are no strange legal principles here. The only real arguments are over how much loss you have actually suffered. What is funny is that Lowells will probably be prepared to spend more money on knocking you down by a hundred quid or two than they will save.

The one pint which will really stick in their gullets will be being forced to clean your credit file. Most of these companies would rather eat dog-sh1t than remove credit file entries - but if you win on the fundamental point - that the Hoover was not of satisfactory quality - then I don't see that they will have any choice about it.

Let me say that once Littlewoods are named as a part 20 defendant, you will also be asking to amend your counterclaim to include orders that they clean up their records and also ensure that anyone else they have shared negative information with is forced to clear up their files as well - but all of that comes later.

RE Estimated amounts.

I have got to the £296 by using all the available records I have. I can prove I paid this amount and back it up with bank statements, so I thought it would be safer to stick to that amount. You mentioned amending the counterclaim after including Littlewoods; can I amend any of the amounts if it turns out from the SAR from Littlewoods that I paid £350 in total?

I have a great deal of threatening letters from the various collection agencies but I think it would be safer to go with discretion of the court on that one as well as the health element.

This is all quite daunting and I think I may end up taking someone along, but the more I write timelines etc, the better I know all the details to present in court. After all this, I am determined to win, if only to stick it to Littlewoods.

You can amend your counterclaim but it is messy to do and will probably cost £60. Stick to what you can prove but on the other hand - if you send an SAR to Littlewoods and find out that you have paid substantially more, it may be worth putting in the amendment.

Have a look at this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?35-Guidance-note-Making-a-County-Court-familiarisation-visit

Attachment in Post #18 unapproved...Claim number and password still showing...please cleanse and re post.

Regards

Andy - done dx

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry for the oversight on the forms I posted. If anyone still needs them I can repost them?

The amount is probably correct so I'll have to use it for now. I don't think a SAR would reveal a substantial difference anyway.

I will finish the claim today and post up the final draft before I send it, together with a letter requesting a transfer to the local court.

After speaking to the court I will have to send benefit proof when I get it from DWP.

Okay, this is the final draft I have put together. Hope this is sufficient to send off tomorrow morning:

Defence

I deny the claim. I bought a Hoover on credit from Littlewoods in 2007. It did not work properly from the start and broke down completely soon afterwards. Littlewoods refused to help me and eventually told me to contact the manufacturer. They wanted £180 to carry out repairs which I could not afford. I have never used the Hoover since that time. I continued to make payments and having paid the majority of the balance, I ran into financial hardship and the account fell behind. Offers of reduced payments were rejected.

Counterclaim

I now understand that Littlewoods had a duty under the Sale of Goods Act. They breached their duty. The Hoover did not work from the start, Littlewoods admitted the fault in a letter dated 16th July 2007 but refused to help and referred me to the manufacture instead.

I was unable to afford the £180 repair bill they quoted. I haven’t been able to use the Hoover since the first few weeks I got it. I did not know my rights and I accepted the situation and kept on paying the instalments as well as interest payments and charges.

I am a single parent who has been trying to bring up two children with limited resources along with health issues and personal problems.

As I was trying to pay Littlewoods their instalments, charges and interest, I could not afford another Hoover and had to clean manually with a dustpan. It was over a year before I could afford another vacuum cleaner for which I paid £70. A cleaner that was much less effective than the one supplied by Littlewoods for £244.

Having to use a dustpan for over a year caused serious difficulties as it was difficult and much less effective to clean in that way. In addition to my two children, we also have a dog. At times I require the use of a Nebulizer. Using a dustpan caused a great deal of dust and the continued inhalation did not help existing chest problems. Additionally, having to clean this way also affected my chest. The physical strain of having to use a dustpan to clean the house exacerbated an existing Fibromyalgia disability. This left my back, and joints throughout my body in a lot of pain.

As a result of my financial problems, my account was unjustly sold onto various debt collection agencies. I have been subject to a huge number of demands for money over the years from various agencies - despite my protests and complaints to Littlewoods. Entries have been placed on my credit file - which I now realize have been placed there unlawfully because of the circumstances of the case. This breach of the Sale of Goods Act by Littlewoods, and the consequent unlawful processing of my data has caused serious distress for me as I have carried out my responsibilities as a single parent. I have also tried to cope with health problems, dealt with a family member’s terminal illness, subsequent bereavement and caring for a disabled housebound Parent.

Therefore my counterclaim is for:

1. Refund of all money paid for the Hoover including price, charges and interest - £276.60

2. Loss of use of Hoover and inconvenience of having to clean house manually for 16 months - £15 per month - £240

3. Effect on health for 16 months - £20 per month £320.00 in the discretion of the court

4. Unlawful processing of personal and stress caused by being wrongfully pursued for alleged debts - £100.00 in the discretion of the court

5. Plus interest on the adjudged total pursuant to s.69 County Courts Act 1984 - £1,386.16

6. An order requiring removal of all related references from my credit file within 7 days

7. An order requiring destruction of all data relating to me in this matter

You cant refer to Littlewoods if the claimant is Lowells/Shop Direct...Littlewoods are not litigating against you...the debt has been assigned and the claimant(Lowell) are now the legal owners.

I think you need to type out the particulars of claim from your PDF here (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up claimed.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

You cant refer to Littlewoods if the claimant is Lowells/Shop Direct...Littlewoods are not litigating against you...the debt has been assigned and the claimant(Lowell) are now the legal owners.

I think you need to type out the particulars of claim from your PDF here (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up claimed.

Regards

Andy

Sorry, Andy - but I'm going to disagree with you on this.

When someone buys a debt, they buy the rights to the debt - but the duties still remain with the original creditor. This means that Littlewoods remain the party which was in breach of the contract - and which is why eventually the judge will have to be asked to allow a part 20 claim (counterclaim) against them. Lowells have bought a debt together with any encumbrances and those encumbrances mean that in this case, the debt is flawed. If the debt which Lowels has bought lacks validity because the contract which produced the debt has been fundamentally breached by Littlewoods then Lowells have bought a pup.

The important thing here is that the defendant gets to tell her whole story and that now that Lowells have decided to get official about it, she finally has a chance to tell her story and to know that it will be listened to and taken seriously.

Because she is a litigant-in-person, she has a lot of licence to tell the story and to present her case in her own way without being concerned with nice formalities. The judge will be bound by CPR-1 - the Overriding Objective - to accept her presentation of the case and to try and achieve a just result. This means that the judge will have no hesitation in allowing Littlewoods to be joined. Once Littlewoods is served with the papers, I am pretty certain that they and Lowells will put their heads together and start to be pragmatic (and maybe even fair) about it.

I think that roguehunter should keep it simple and just go ahead. However I am putting in a couple of amendments to make it clearer to the court as I can see from what you said that it doesn't fully explain itself.

Defence

I deny the claim. I bought a Hoover on credit from Littlewoods in 2007. It did not work properly from the start and broke down completely soon afterwards. Littlewoods refused to help me and eventually told me to contact the manufacturer. They wanted £180 to carry out repairs which I could not afford. I have never used the Hoover since that time. I continued to make payments and having paid the majority of the balance, I ran into financial hardship and the account fell behind. Offers of reduced payments were rejected. Littlewoods were in fundamental breach of their contract. Despite this they sold the account to the claimants.

Counterclaim

I was unable to afford the £180 repair bill they quoted. I haven’t been able to use the Hoover since the first few weeks I got it. I did not know my rights and I accepted the situation and kept on paying the instalments as well as interest payments and charges.

As I was trying to pay Littlewoods their instalments, charges and interest, I could not afford another Hoover and had to clean manually with a dustpan. It was over a year before I could afford another vacuum cleaner for which I paid £70. A cleaner that was much less effective than the one supplied by Littlewoods for £244.

As a result of my financial problems, my account was unjustly sold onto various debt collection agencies. I have been subject to a huge number of demands for money over the years from various agencies - despite my protests and complaints to Littlewoods. Entries have been placed on my credit file - which I now realize have been placed there unlawfully because of the circumstances of the case. This breach of the Sale of Goods Act by Littlewoods, and the consequent unlawful processing of my data has caused serious distress for me as I have carried out my responsibilities as a single parent. I have also tried to cope with health problems, dealt with a family member’s terminal illness, subsequent bereavement and caring for a disabled housebound Parent.

Therefore my counterclaim is for:

1. Refund of all money paid for the Hoover including price, charges and interest - £276.60

2. Loss of use of Hoover and inconvenience of having to clean house manually for 16 months - £15 per month - £240

3. Effect on health for 16 months - £20 per month £320.00 in the discretion of the court

4. Unlawful processing of personal and stress caused by being wrongfully pursued for alleged debts - £100.00 in the discretion of the court

5. Plus interest on the adjudged total pursuant to s.69 County Courts Act 1984 - £1,386.16

7. An order requiring destruction of all data relating to me in this matter

I will be seeking to add Littlewoods as defendant once the claim is transferred to my local court

Just to add - for anyone who is reading this.

The debt is not statute barred - but if it had been, rather than plead the Limitation Act, it would still be better for the defendant to bring a counterclaim. It would not be possible for Lowells to try and say that the counterclaim was time-barred because as they themselves had tried to being a claim on a time-barred contract, they would in effect, waiving their rights to be protected by the Limitation Act and would have therefore opened the door to any related claim regardless of the age of the cause of action.

Of course BF I understand your point but the opening paragraphs must refute the claimants particulars first then move on to the history of the assignment...until such time Littlewoods are/if party to the claim........Its only the defence I refer to not the PT20

On a personal note I would not expect this to get to allocation stage knowing this claimant.

Just like to thank every one for all your help

Iv completed the acknowledgement of service letter today and posted it recorded delivery.

Iv been told to just send this in so that it can be recorded and I have till the 23/2/14 to send the counter claim and defence form back in.

I am unable to send these in at this time due to also needing to send the Ex160a waiver fee form in with it,

which i am unable to do due to waiting on the DWP to send me proof of benefit which must be enclosed with it.

Many thanks again and i will keep you updated on the progress.

Also I have had many phone calls for a number of weeks I discovered today that the call today and possibly last few weeks

have been from the Lowell company harassing my self everyday,

not sure exactly what they want at this stage but will log the calls in the future.

Many thanks again to every one..

Good luck. Yes - keep a detailed log of all call received form them. If you keep on receiving calls during the litigation then bring it to the notice of the judge and he will ask that they stop.

Don't forget - again - that you have a high chance of success - but it is not a given. You shouldn't be over-confident about your position but you do have an excellent chance of succeeding - but there is always a chance of losing.

Just a quick note, to show you the finished redacted version of the form which I will be sending for my defence and counter claim.. Would appreciate any comments regarding this before I finally print out and send..many thanks for help and guidance..

Your claim is for more that sales of goods act breaches. It is also for data protection breaches.

In the defence:-

I HAVE NEVER USED THE HOOVER SINCE THAT TIME. I did not know my rights and I CONTINUED TO MAKE PAYMENTS AND

HAVING PAID THE MAJORITY OF THE BALANCE, I RAN INTO FINANCIAL HARDSHIP AND THE

ACCOUNT FELL BEHIND.

In the defence

... OFFERS OF REDUCED PAYMENTS WERE REJECTED. LITILEWOODS WERE IN FUNDAMENTAL BREACH

OF THEIR CONTRACT. DESPITE THIS THEY SOLD THE ACCOUNT TO THE CLAIMANTS. The claimants have started this claim against me even though I now understand that is void by virtue of Littlewoods' breach of contract.

Reasons for counterclaim

I NOW UNDERSTAND THAT LITTLEWOODS HAD A DUTY UNDER THE SALE OF GOODS ACT.

THEY BREACHED THEIR DUTY. They also damaged my credit file

In the counterclaim

7. AN ORDER REQUIRING DESTRUCTION OF ALL inaccurately processed DATA RELATING TO ME IN THIS

MATTER

I don't know why you are putting this all in capital letters. Ordinary text would be more effective.

Finally a warning.

If you just want an easy life, just put in the defence and counterclaim for the cost if the Hoover.

I think that you are quite justified in claiming the rest but they are likely to rise up against you and try to give you a run for your money on all of the other issues.

I don't see that there is any risk of costs of you lose on any of the issues you have raised - but you are going for the maximum and while the basic issues - the value of the Hoover is pretty well 100% assured for you, the rest of it adds a measure of complication and you will have to have the stomach for a fight.

I'm explaining this all to you so that you are as far as possible aware of what you are taking on.

These companies don't like people standing up to them - especially on the issue of credit file issues. They are prepared to throw time and money at it just to squash you even though it makes absolutely no economic sense to do so.

It will help to bring Littlewoods into it because they have a business to run which does not depend on facing up to people and making examples of them. When you add Littlewoods as a party, this will dilute the the DCA as it will add an extra level of complication for them which they would prefer not to have.

As I think I said earlier, once you file your defence and your counterclaim - and the papers are served on the other side, drop the DCA a line and suggest that they put their heads together with Littlewoods on this one - and maybe they will be human enough - humane enough to see that in this case, a mistake has been made.

Lowells needs to understand that on this occasion it is Littlewoods who have caused the problem and that they should leave you alone. If Lowells were sensible, they would appreciate the situation and talk to Littlewoods. They could sort it all out in a couple of phonecalls.

Many thanks for your help and advise just out of curiosity how far are these people likely to go regarding fighting back can you give me some examples so i have a better idea on what to expect so i can way it all up..

thanks again

You'll be able to judge when you see the response which they make to your counterclaim. They should put in a defence or reply to the counterclaim. I don't expect that they will do much to make direct contact with you - and if they do and if it is oppressive, then you can complain to the judge - because once they have invoked the judicial process, it would be abusive of them to keep on at you privately.

The best that they will be able to do will be to deny your counterclaim and also to say that this has nothing to do with them and that your counterclaim is only a matter for Littlewoods and doesn't affect them. In a way they would be correct, but as they have started the litigation process you will have to be permitted to tell your story and to join Littlewoods in the proceedings.

Frankly, their best course of action would be to realise that this is a small value matter - that it is going to get out of hand and that they have bought a pup. They should let it go. However, they won't be able merely to withdraw without giving you an opportunity to tie all the ends up.

This is why the fact they they bothered to start a court claim should turn out to be such a good opportunity for you. -- I say "should" - best laid plans of mice and men blah blah ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

just a quick note to let you all know that

I'v sent off the counterclaim and defence letter a few days ago, so now iv just got to wait and see..

I wondered if you could guide me on the next stages while I'm waiting.

I know i have to write a letter requesting a S.A.R.

and also inform Lowell's sending them a copy of the counter claim and defence form

but can you give me a better idea on how to do this

and if i should be doing anything else for the next stages.

If you have any templates for letters or can redirect me to any I would be very grateful, many thanks for all your help.

You should have sent off your SAR already.

You were advised to do this on the 26th Jan - getting on for a month ago.

SAR's take 40 days to return so if you had sent it off then you would only have had about 15days more to wait.

Now you are adding unnecessary delay.

The SAR was an easy thing to do.

It only required a simple letter and a cheque.

You should get it done now.

You need to contact Lowell's and see if they are willing to listen.

If you had your SAR info, this would have helped you

but now that you will have to wait for a further 40 days,

the delay will be too great and so you will have to contact Lowell's without it.

A pity.

I suggest that you write Lowell's a letter asking them to find enclosed the copy of your defence and counterclaim.

Explain to them that because Littlewoods ignored your rights when you first bought the Hoover,

that they effectively voided the contract and that you have all the evidence necessary

to prove this to the satisfaction of the court.

tell them that as it is clear that Littlewoods will not listen to you,

maybe they would like to save everyone time and trouble by discussing the matter with Littlewoods

and come up with a sensible solution.

Tell them that as they have seen fit to bring a legal action,

that you have no intention of letting it drop until the matter has been properly dealt with

under the supervision of the court.

If you send Lowell's an SAR, send it separately.

Keep copies of everything and keep us informed.

I can only apologise for the misunderstanding regarding the S.A.R.

I thought I was to do the counter claim and defence forms first then send on the S.A.R. latter.

I also have dyslexia and struggle some times with paper work that I am not used to

so this has not been easy for myself and taken many hours to work out and do,

I hope this explains myself a little.

Thank you so much for all your help, patience and understanding regarding these matters.

Just to let you know also

I received a letter today from the court

I will attach the letter and form that came with it for you to see.

I wonder if you could help me to fill it in

as I am unable to find help notes on this document only the pdf for the form

and just a little information on this form but its not all clear

and do not want to fill it in wrong.

Can i ask also when i send my S.A.R. request off who should i make the postal order to? should i call Lowell's and ask them? Which way is best?.

Many thanks again.

Edited by roguehunter

Just another up date while I wait your help and advise, Iv tired to complete the forms to the best of my ability but would appreciate your help and guidance in the hope I am doing the forms correctly.

I'v included the form to be sent back to the court and also the letter to be sent to Lowell's and also have a S.A.R. letter to be sent to Lowell's.

I would need to get these copies off in the post no latter than monday, I hope I'm on the right track but would appreciate your feed back, many thanks.

I have had a read of your letter and believe that you need to make some amendments.. suggested new version below.

Your name, address

All references

Dear Sir/Madam

In respect of the above claim issued by you on DATE, I enclose copies of my defence and counterclaim which have been filed at XYZ County Court.

I would also bring to your attention that I firmly believe that Littlewoods ignored my statutory rights when the Hoover was first purchased and in doing so, voided the contract. I have all the evidence necessary to prove this to the satisfaction of the court.

It is obvious that Littlewoods will not listen to me, so I am bringing this to your attention in the hope that you might listen and hopefully save everyone's time, including that of the Court, by discussing this matter with Littlewoods and come up with a sensible solution.

I have no intention of letting this matter drop until it has been properly dealt with under the supervision of the Court. I will also not accept any discontinuance withou a proper solution in writing and signed by a Judge as a Tomlin Order.

Yours faithfully,

roguehunter.

Just copy and paste the above into a new word document. You will need to put the date of issue of the claim and the Name of the court into the text of the letter where I have highlighted.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Who are you sending the Subject Access Request to ? If to Lowells, then the cheque/postal order needs to be made out to them. If to Littlewoods, then of course the cheque/postal order needs to be made payable to that company.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D