Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • hello. my van has been in to a garage recently and nothing else related to what they'd done has been a problem. So its basically just the work for the turbo.   should i send a template 14 day warning letter?   thank you
    • The cylinder was returned to the supplying merchant at the end of March 2020 and the reply from the merchant was received on the 24 September 2020. My neighbour has requested that his property (the faulty cylinder) is returned to him.   We know the cylinder was manufactured on 19/05/15 so it was not on the shelf for very long   The manufacturers web site currently states  -  hot water storage cylinders are manufactured in the UK from premium quality copper in accordance with BSI566:2002 (Part L)  -    Carrying extensive warranties*, cylinders are available in capacities of 50-440 litres.................... there is no reference to the * on this page and also on another page    - Manufactured in accordance with BSI566:2002 (Part L)  - 10 year manufacturing warranty*   (*Terms & Conditions apply)   Both old and new plumbers will be contacted regarding their opinions   Thanks & best regards  
    • Thank you. Can't find any documents from Moorcroft with this information on though.   
    • I have the text messages to the regional manager saying one of my results and i have sent her all my leads and have had no replies, i have sent her about  3 to 4 texted messages and no answer also all the emails i have sent to head office.
    • The items I attempted to buy were mainly virtual goods. There were multiple payments made to multiple accounts and it on totally resulted in me losing £500. What I’m worried about is the fact that the payments are made by friends and family, PayPal says they cannot help so does that mean Barclays dispute won’t work? Also if it does get charged back where does the money come from? PayPal can’t usually backtrack friends and family payments. I have contact Barclays on the banking app and they said they’re sending me a letter which I have to return within 10 working days. What do I write in this letter?
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
        • Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

Ccj and now interim charging order on non existent debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2401 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Would it be possible for anyone to give me some direction

on which course of action I should be taking first in respect of

a CCJ and Charging order on my property issued by Hitatchi Capital via Addlestone Solicitors.


I will start by briefing you on the situation,


I purchased a kitchen from B&Q in April 2013 (unsure of the exact date as it is not actually quoted anywhere),


I originally payed a deposit of £652.75 and opted to pay the rest on a fixed term loan agreement via Hitachi credit of £5400,


A couple of days later I decided I would finalise the outstanding balance of the kitchen in cash


as I was not happy with the agreement as there were to many inaccuracies on it,


I returned to the store and the b and q assistant cancelled the agreement in front of me

by calling Hitatchi credit,and also sending them an email

,the outstanding balance was then paid by myself by debit card to B&Q,

End of scenario, or so I thought,


as a few weeks later 1 payment of £100 or so pounds was taken from my account

as cancelling the direct debit had been an oversight on my behalf.


I contacted Hitatchi to state the obvious etc,

and they accepted this had been a mistake

and advised I manually cancell direct debit.


Roll on now to January 8 2014


,I received a letter from Addlestone keane solicitors stating they had obtained an interim charging order on my property

and that a court date was set for Feb10 were an application for a full charging order will be applied for.


It also states that a CCJ was issued against me on Dec 6 13 for an amount owing of £5983.31,

which I was totally unaware of as i had not been stay at the property as it was having building work done.


I have also had a B132 notice from land registery,informing me that an equitable charge has been placed on the title,


My question is ,

Do I address the CCJ first or the charging order,

Your advice in this matter would be greatly received


I have a N 244 form that I have filled

but now I've been advised I also need the application to set aside must be supported by evidence

and best practice is to lodge a pleaded defence which complies with CPR 16


Also the date for the full charging order is feb 10

does this need to be dealt with as a separate matter to getting the CCJ set aside if so what do I need to do


Help help help please


Getting majorly confused!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

so at the end of the day


this is just a massive mistake


you need proof you've paid it


then it should all resolve itself


I've moved you to the legal forum


where the guys will see this and help



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs


NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..


If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 



Link to post
Share on other sites

Deal with the CCJ first and get that set aside application in ASAP.


Obviously if the hearing on Feb 10 goes ahead you need to be prepared for that and make sure your evidence is filed in good time, although the sensible thing would be for it to be adjourned while the set aside is dealt with.


The N244 does need to be supported by evidence. This evidence would be a formal witness statement which explains the circumstances, explains why you didn't receive the claim and explains when you first became aware of the CCJ (you need to prove that you acted promptly). I am not sure you need to attach a full formal Defence, but you do at least need to explain your proposed grounds of Defence to demonstrate why you have a good chance of defending the claim.


You should also write to the solicitors explaining the circumstances and asking them to investigate.




Link to post
Share on other sites

Threads merged ...please stick to one thread.





We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

They got the charging order but I have applied to have it set aside and the hearing is today,


What will happen today


also I asked for a true original copy of the agreement ,

bearing in mind that I have them both the customer copy and the store hitatchi copy

as it was given back to me when I cancelled both unsigned and in dated,


but they now seem to have 1 SIGNED !!


but there is a row of number on the bottom that are different to on the forms

I have so this can not not be the original ones I was given in store


notice the service number on bottom of for of thee sighted copy are different to on my copy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

you'll need to PDF attachments


**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**


set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!



ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.


************************* ************************* *******


************************* ************************* ***********


DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...



if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/


use www.pdfmerge.com


convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]


it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs


or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB


open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files


YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs


NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..


If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...