Capital Carpark Control issing multiple 'tickets' for no UKTax Disc **SORTED***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I will try to keep it short.

Came in the country last year and brought my car with me. The car is still under foreign license plate. I am renting a flat which has a parking spot allocated to it, the parking spot is private land and it is off the road too. Capital Carpark Control keep issuing me tickets for not displaying a UK Road tax disc.

Can they do that?

What I dont understand, the car has been parked there for a few months displaying a valid permit parking, so what exactly triggered the parking attendant to suddenly start giving me tickets for road tax? Can a private company issue tickets for something thats a matter of a public authority and on private land?

Short answer is they can 'issue' as much toilet paper as they like, doesn't make them enforceable as they are nothing but speculative invoices which you should not pay.

Do some reading on the forum, if they have issued multiple invoices then don't ignore but deal with them all in one letter, hover the mouse over the word ignore for the basics.

having or not having a UK tax disc is bugger all to do with any private parking company.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Again, case law says that you can park a car in a car park without a tax disc and how it got there is no-ones business. I presume they are sticking bits of paper on your car, if so what exactly do they intend to do next? write to the government of the country the car comes from and demand your passport details? Just keep them safe somewhere should they try another tactic.

Thank you for your quick response, I was pleasantly surprised.

Since you think I have a case, tonight I will do some more reading and write a letter, I never have done this before and dont really know how to write it or what to write in it. If you have a couple of examples that I could start with I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for your replies

Again, case law says that you can park a car in a car park without a tax disc and how it got there is no-ones business. I presume they are sticking bits of paper on your car, if so what exactly do they intend to do next? write to the government of the country the car comes from and demand your passport details? Just keep them safe somewhere should they try another tactic.

I am not sure what they intend to do next.

I am a european union member and thus I dont have/need a passport if I need to travel within EU. National ID is fine and I have been traveling with it within the EU for over 10 years. Basically I do not have a passport. I dont think I understood the bit about they will try another tactic? What could they try?

Another tactic? I meant something like follow you home and post the tickets through your letter box, ask your neighbours whose car it is and try and get your name that way or complain to the landowner to get the car shifted. None of these would earn them any money though

For starters, I have been stopped by the police 3 times, 2 times as part of casual checks when they are about 30 of them and they stop everyone that passes by, and one time because I was speeding(£100 and 3 points, paid immediately). Non of these times I was issued a ticket for road tax (!). I am working in UK indeed but I am not planning to stay permanently. We are probably leaving UK this coming summer, so I guess there is no reason for me to put british license plates etc. The car has MOT, road tax(about £200 worth) and insurance from the country of origin.

So it does not make any sense how I am legal for the police but I am illegal for some parking company.

No we don't.

Road Tax in Greece is a bit different.

This is how it works: You go to the greek tax office prior to the beginning of each year,

you pay your road tax which is calculated purely on the size of your engine - regardless of the make and price of the car,

then your record within tax office gets updated and all you get is an A4 receipt which states information like the car

and the name the car is registered to and the date you paid the road tax.

If you fail to pay that prior to the 1st day of the new year,

you then have to pay double the road tax as a penalty and it will show up on your tax statement if you havent.

So you might as well drive around without having paid but the tax office knows and the fine is already following you.

The only way not to pay the road tax is by returning the license plate to the ministry of transportation and take the car off the road.

If you dont pay the fine and the road tax, then court proceedings are quite fast and they start taking things that belong to you,

like the car for example and they can move on to anything. If no money at all is present, then you do jail time. Of course you cannot leave the country either.

If you are an MP of course you get away with it(corruption etc.), but if you are one of the normal people then you are

Aren't the British government proposing the same thing (doing away with the tax disc) because they say all the relevant authorites have access to the online database which shows if you have paid your road tax. Of course that won't include private parking companies. As has been pointed out above, it's no business of PPCs anyway.

the same road tax system applies in Germany,where the reg palte is issued by the local state and if you scrap the car you send the plate back to be deregistered. If you are caught driving without tax your plate is defaced so everyone knows that it is a dud.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, I am posting the email exchange I had with the Capital Carpark Control. It is another success story.

To whom it may concern:

>

> XYZ House

>

> XX20 8XX

> London

>

>

>

> Notice Numbers

>

> Find attached the two parking notices I am appealing for.

>

> Code 23 does not apply to my European Union registered car.

Therefore I am not paying any of this.

We are not supposed to display any sticker or TAX disc back to the country of origin of this car

because the Road TAX comes out from the yearly TAX statement.

all we get is a receipt that we paid the amount to the TAX office.

Exactly as it is in Germany.

>

> If you need any clarifications let me know.

>

> Regards

>

> Owner of the black car, registration ......

------their answer--------

On Mar , 2014 wrote:

Please can you provide your full name so we can

direct our reply to you.

Please note, you have 14 days from the date of this email to provide these

details. Failing this, we will have no choice but to request keeper

details from the DVLA which may result in your appeal not being heard and

the fee increasing to the higher amount.

Yours Sincerely

Capital Carpark Control

SVS House, Oliver Grove

London

SE25 6EJ

-----my answer--------

Dear Capital Carpark Control,

You are asking for my name and yet your signature is 'Capital Carpark Control'

hence my name is 'Owner of the black car, registration

I understand this a tactic where you are kindly threatening people that you will force them to pay more

if they do not do what you ask them to,

I have read about the 'fear tactics' all over the internet.

Had you kindly request to know my name without the 'kind threat',

I would be more than happy to provide it.

However, as I find your email offensive and do not appreciate when threatened(even kindly like in this case),

additionally as I believe it is not a good practice to try make money out of the owners of the land

you are supposedly protecting,

I insist there is no need to provide my name,

it is my legal right not to provide my personal details to a private company,

and therefore will not provide any further information unless you prove to me I am obliged to by law.

You can inform me whether the appeal is valid or not regardless of my name, this should not stop you.

It is up to you whether you wish to maximize the fine or not,

however I will refuse to pay it and then I guess you will eventually find out my name in the court of law.

Yours Sincerely

Owner of the black car, registration ......

-------

then they sent a letter of apology which I will attach tomorrow.

not bad...

feel free to send them a bill for the time you have wasted on this if you wish. They are wrong for 3 reasons 1/ the road tax disc isnt needed for off road parking anywhere. 2/YOUR parking space so no right to even claim a contract exists 3/ failure to follow industry protocols they are obliged to follow to make a claim against you.

Better to just warn them that if they do it again you will be making a complaint of harassment as a criminal offence and civil tort.

feel free to send them a bill for the time you have wasted on this if you wish. They are wrong for 3 reasons 1/ the road tax disc isnt needed for off road parking anywhere. 2/YOUR parking space so no right to even claim a contract exists 3/ failure to follow industry protocols they are obliged to follow to make a claim against you.

Better to just warn them that if they do it again you will be making a complaint of harassment as a criminal offence and civil tort.

I have requested the contract between my landlady and them. I want to have a look at it first then will think about whether I should 'push' them a little bit the same way they are pushing others and me.

As promised from yesterday: Their answer

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your appeal.

Please refer to the enclosed document which outlines the decision made

with regards to your appeal.

Yours Sincerely

PCN Processing Centre

Capital Carpark Control

SVS House, Oliver Grove

London

SE25 6EJ

--------the enclosed----------

1st April 2014

Our Ref: CC10869

Index Number: ------

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your letter referring to the vehicle bearing index number ------ which was issued a parking charge notice.

Thank you for the information you have provided and after reviewing all information provided to us, we have found that your reasons are acceptable.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Yours sincerely

PCN Processing Centre

Capital Carpark Control

More like theyve said " ****. Theyve found out we're possibly breaking the law. Quick, tell them we're cancelling it. maybe theyll keep quiet."

If i were you, i would inform the DVLA of what they are doing. Who knows how many people theyve done this too and those people have paid up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D