Bt service issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined bt during the summer just gone. I went for the full package , phone, tv, broadband subscription and broadband.

The only thing that ever worked was the phone. The broadband initially connects and then white screens when your doing things and won't move.

I have subscription services e.g netflix that can only be used very late at night. I also have sky. A lot of the time trying to download a watch something on demand is a nightmare, when your watching something it keeps catching up to whats downloaded and we often have to predownload stuff the night before to watch it. The sky and bt vision are wired direct to hub.

I have rang bt on a weekly , twice weekly basis since install to try and sort it. I have bent over backwards. Have tried 3 different hubs too.

Speed tests except for 1 have comeback ok as we need to be able to get online to test and the connection gets online and then disappears after a couple of mins.

Hub 4 flashes amber mostly.

The eventually sent out an engineer, turns out it was a bt vision engineer and took one look and said of course vision won't work due to broadband.

At that point I had enough and booked a reconnection to sky who were slow but consistent.

Bt have given me every excuse from it's the trains running next door to your house to they cannot guarantee wireless. That does not explain why the vision does not work.

I am due to be reconnected to sky on Monday but bt have completely disconnected everything now.

They are looking for me to pay over 300 quid which is next 3 months bill and the broadband and vision for the last 3 month

I had paid for my phone line. I'm fuming and I expect that they will down try and get a cancellation fee.

How do I handle this

Have you tried to contact directly to the BT managing director? This worked for me, I had the most appalling customer service, then I did some research about BT customer complaints and with a bit of Google searching I found out who to contact and all was fixed with the managing directors office contacting me.

Give it a go Ms Libby Barr might be a starting point, make your email sensible and give them all the details.

Good Luck

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.

good idea!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've tried a gavin patterson and got nowhere. I'll try the lady you mentioned.

It's so bad that they suspended the service on 2nd jab for non payment and we didn't actually notice until this day two weeks ago and that is because I wanted to ring sky to book an install

Has the Executive Team (Gavin Patterson) responded?

Here's some info:- http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/index.htm

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/Consumercodeofpractice/BTResidentialCodeofPractice-Oct13.pdf

I've tried a gavin patterson and got nowhere. I'll try the lady you mentioned.

It's so bad that they suspended the service on 2nd jab for non payment and we didn't actually notice until this day two weeks ago and that is because I wanted to ring sky to book an install

They did but it was just going in circles and switching it off and on and changing channels and sending out new routers. It got to a point I was refusing to pay for it and the cust service team were just switching it off as I would refuse to pay so they couldn't do checks.

It's so frustrating

Hi mummy 38

Have you received a final response from BT, if so follow the following steps. Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what they need to do to put things right.

E-mail it to Gavin Patterson. Once you get a final response, move on to the ADR scheme if BT don't resolve the matter.

Are you up and running with the services you need from Sky?

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/billing/