Cassava Site -888 ladies - WONT PAY WHAT I WON FAIR AND SQUARE

rossco34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I want to tell my story regarding these cowboys!

I joined Costa Bingo a few years ago and played a few times. I however stopped playing some time ago and only very recently decided to join again. Three weeks ago I played on roullette instant game on their site and was lucky enough to win over 22k!.

However, when trying to withdraw my winnings, Costa dragged their heels making every excuse under the sun in order to stall paying me. Eventually their "security department" contacted me by email and advised that they would not be hounoring my withdrawal, I susequently tried to log into my account only to find I could not.

Their excuses wer'e nothing more than pathetic! The "security department" otherwise known as Cassava Enterprises kept all of my winnings and with no rock solid reason.

The whole website is utterly suspicious As are their excuses. I won fair and square with my own money, I made withdrawals before with them, so why when I win big, do they suddenly have an issue?! Hmmmmm seems very convenient. These guys are nothing more than [EDIT].

I am exhausted trying to make thses idiots see sense, but they wont listen. Just come up with new excuse after new lame excuse. They need to be named and shamed once and for all!! It seems everyone has the same excuse regarding cassava, i'm so happy I am not the only one.

I won life changing money and I want it back! I'm prepared to go/do anything in order to get my winnings............[EDIT]! :mad2:

Edited by citizenB
formatted

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Have they given you a full reason for their refusal to honour the £22K win and their refusal to let you withdraw these funds?

Also this is from there website:

Costa Bingo supports responsible gaming. Costa Bingo is licensed and regulated to offer online gaming services under the laws of Gibraltar through Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) which makes no representation as to legality of such services in other jurisdictions. We encourage responsible gambling and support GamCare. Our principal postal address is Suite 601-701 Europort, Europort Avenue, GibraltarLicensed by the Government of Gibraltar and Regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. Remote Gaming License No. RGL 022

Now as its Cassava Enterprises this link on Remote Gambling - Government of Gibralter will be of interest to you.

Have a good read especially the part on Payout of Prize Moneys and CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS REGARDING BREACHES OF LICENCE CONDITIONS.

www.gibraltar.gov.gi/remotegambling

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu007.

The first reason they gave was that I had more than one active account running which is untrue. I simply reactivated my old account. Their second excuse was that my bank was in dispute with Costa Bingo following a report from me regarding fraudulent activity, this was three years ago! At that time somebody hacked into my computer, stealing money from paypal and entering my facebook account and leaving nasty messages. They also accessed my Tombola Bingo and Costa Bingo accounts spending hundreds of pounds. I reported it to my bank at the time and they kindly replaced all my stolen funds. As far as I was aware, that dispute had been resolved. Not with Cassava it would seem.

Thirdly (and this ones a beauty) Cassava are trying to justify confiscating my winnings by saying I delibrately tried to open an account (even though I reactivated it) using a different address.........well duh! people move home, which is exactly what I did since first signing up all that time ago. Talk about clutching at straws!

Cassava reckon I owe Costa £1,7550. Fine I thought, so advised they take that amount off my £22,275.00 if they are so troubled or aggreived by me. But no, instead I broke company protocol therefore my winnings are now void............YEA RIGHT! We'll see!

Bottom line is..............Costa Bingo actively allowed me to re-open an old account, make deposits, play, win and withdraw funds without so much as a flicker. It just so happens that when I win a large sum of money Cassava decide to do a "random" security check on my account, yea yea, whatever guys!

Cassava are doing nothing more than finding ways to withhold my winnings. Truth is iv'e annoyed them by winning way more than Iv'e actually put in.

Iv'e well and truly had enough of these people. I have done nothing to warrant this treatment. I will fight Cassava Enterprises and 888 holdings all the way until I get what is rightfully mine!

Edited by ims21

Hi

Ok just came across what may be a problem, so please lookat this link, there T&C http://www.costabingo.com/skin/terms.php

go almost to the bottom and look at Other Terms & Conditions; No8. and No9. as it states

8. You are solely responsible for keeping your account number and password secure and secret. You shall not allow any other person or third party including, without limitation, any minor, to use or reuse your account, access and/or use any materials or information from the Web site, accept any Prize, or participate in the Games. You are solely responsible for any purchases and/or losses that may occur on your account.

9. We take no responsibility for any third party access to your account and under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any losses incurred by you as a result of misuse of your password by any person or for any unauthorized access to your account and all transactions where your user name and password have been entered correctly will be regarded as valid, whether or not authorized by you.

Edited by stu007

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

8. You are solely responsible for keeping your account number and password secure and secret. You shall not allow any other person or third party including, without limitation, any minor, to use or reuse your account, access and/or use any materials or information from the Web site, accept any Prize, or participate in the Games. You are solely responsible for any purchases and/or losses that may occur on your account.

Iv'e Read all this dude. I certainly didn't divuldge my Costa account details to anyone, this is my point. My account was accessed frauduently.

Anyway, none of this is relevant to me wishing to withdraw my current winnings. I was allowed to withdraw money no problem before hand, so why not know?!

Hi

I do not work for either of those companies and was only as I do on CAG giving free advice for you to use as you wish.

If you do feel I do work for them then please feel free to click the the TRIANGLE along the bottom of the posts beside where it says promote this article to report it to CAG Site Team.

Hi

No Problem CAG is here to help and advise people but it is up to the individual how they use that help and advice, I can understand your caution but you will get used to CAG.

If you are ever worried like that or concerned about what is being said just hit the triangle and report it and the site team will advise you.

Now I'm trying to look for the EU regulation on this so will get back to you.

Oh almost forgot I can understand you saying you didnt give them the account or password as your computer was hacked now the BUT with those two clause thats their get out clause as you are responsible for keeping the account and password safe.

That does not explain there reason for the win refusal or the fact that they have stopped complete access to your account. Now they may have stopped access due to you informing them of the fraud but they could at least have explained it to you

Did the fraudster during the period of using your account try to make any withdrawls? (I would ask the company for a copy of your account activity during this period)

Edited by stu007
  • Haha 1

Nope they didn't make any withdrawals on Costa Bingo, but did on Tombola. suppose thats why Tombola have bigger jackpots than Costa's pathetic wee ones.

Also Costa say they werent aware of me reporting fraud to them at the time, which is true. I simply refuted all unkown activity that took place on my bank account. Costa happened to be one of the companies used at the time.

Edited by rossco34

Yep think your probably right 42man. Thing is nobody's ever successfully taken an online bingo site to court before.

I wouldn't know where to start because no lawyer seems to want to touch a case like this............believe me, iv'e

contacted a few.

It's a shame. Just gotta keep annoying cassava, & fingers crossed they see sense.

I think your first stop needs to be the regulator.. is it still the "Gambling Commission" ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Cassava are definately doing this to players.... it happened to me last week. In all fairness i have won more than i'v lost over a period of 3 years! Last week they blocked my accounts using an excuse that i over abused bonuses????? Bonuses they send you via email! They are now refusing to give me my £900.00 in withdrawals, but they say it's within their rights not to pay it out??? Yet they still took my debits from my bank accounts for the next 5 days???? [edit]s..... that's why there is no contact number!!!!

Edited by honeybee13
Removing pejorative word.

I was a member at cassava bingo, givingbingo and redbus, I won 1600 pounds with giving bingo to then try to log on to my account to be blocked and could not access my winnings, I deposited lots on to giving bingo but soon as I won a big amount they blocked me, I was told to email cassava security and ask why just to be told about a clam that I never made!! I have reason to be leave that this is happening to a lot of people when winning big amounts of money, it is not right and so unfair to members that they can block you and keep your winnings plus the money you deposited

I was a member at cassava bingo, givingbingo and redbus, I won 1600 pounds with giving bingo to then try to log on to my account to be blocked and could not access my winnings, I deposited lots on to giving bingo but soon as I won a big amount they blocked me, I was told to email cassava security and ask why just to be told about a clam that I never made!! I have reason to be leave that this is happening to a lot of people when winning big amounts of money, it is not right and so unfair to members that they can block you and keep your winnings plus the money you deposited

So did you ever get your money???

They done this to me last week..... i even found out, that the balance is now £1100.00 , made a few phonecalls to the sites i was playing last week, they respond by saying they are within their rights!!!

its disgusting what they are doing, not right.... there is a hole web sight about them, bingo complaints and it will pop up, all the people that are on there is so bad and they can just get away with this, holding onto peoples winnings thats right theres......

I'm not giving up on my winnings , i'm logging a complaint against them to the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner the form is avail to download. Hopefully my complaint will be taken seriously and something done about Cassava being able to get away with this time and time again!

Yep guys, it seems Cassava are good at getting rid of regular honest loyal players, which is a shame because I would have def played on Costa Bingo again. The eedgits are just shooting themselves in the foot at the end of the day, because with so many rival bingo sites out there, youd think they would be trying everything to keep you playing. If I had been paid my winnings, then at least £1000 would have been kept in the account, meaning they would have at least got some of it back. One thousand per customer is a pretty good return I reckon. But of course Cassava Enterprises don't share this view. As far as their concerned it's far easier to just keep a lump sum and invent some lame excuse to ban the poor sod!

Funny, my brother suggested we fly to Cassava Enterprises offices in Gibraltar and simply steal everything they got haha. To which I replied...........I wouldn't lower myself to those [edit]s level!

I have contacted all the major newspapers, but none seem interested in the story. Iv'e contacted the TV program Watchdog, still no response. I am still awaiting an answer from the Gibraltar Complaints Commission, if it comes back negative, the next step is the local constabulary in Gibraltar.

I await with baited breath.

Edited by honeybee13
Taking out pejorative language