Absense Policy letter received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I would like to know thoughts and opinions on where I stand with the recent letter I have received from my employer this week with regard to absence. Sadly during August 2013 I spent 4 days in hospital whilst 200 miles away on business with a further 4 days at home recovering from a kidney infection - (CT scan reveals all is ok last Sunday) I am not usually a sicknote but i would strongly believe that going through a breakup, selling my house and fighting to have decent contact time with my daughter would be a good indication as to why my health has suffered during 2013. Thanks in advance.

Dear Barty,

Following our recent meeting, i would like to formally state our concerns over the increasing levels of absence seen over the last few calendar quarters. Please see below your absence record which shows the percentage of days you were absent in relation to the percentage of days available per quarter.

Sickness % 01/13 to 03/13 = 0.00

Sickness % 04/13 to 06/13 = 4.84

Sickness % 07/13 to 09/13 = 12.31

Sickness % 10/13 to 12/13 = 3.17

In the meeting I explained how the company uses the measure of over 3% days absent against available days over two consecutive quarters as a trigger for investigating further reasons for absence. Then any further individual quarters where absence is over 3% after this if no improvement is seen.

Therefore, in our meeting it was concluded your absence levels were above what is acceptable and an improvement was required. I must also inform you that any further instances where cause for concern is noted due to your absence levels being excess of that outlined above could result in disciplinary action.

As discussed, I hope things will improve and there will be no further need to discuss this matter again.

Yours

Xyz

I would not worry about it, try to make an improvement and you will be ok.

disciplinary action doesn't necessarily mean dismissal.

Although in writing, I think this known as a stage 1 or informal warning, next one is formal, then next one dismissal.

I think this is right up Emmzzii's street and she will probably look in.

Yes, this looks normal. Head down, get your attendance levels up and nothing further will happen.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

This letter is nothing to be concerned about. It's not a formal warning and they will only look to take disciplinary action if you are ill again in the next quarter.

They're simply trying to nip it in the bud without formally warning you, and as your attendance record is usually very good, I wouldn't worry!