• Tweets

• hi   Thank you for your reply.   nice link . thank you very much.   I know I will get my refund. it has been offered. I have been told I am right about the situation. It does seem like this is in debate but this was clarified a long time ago.   Do you think I would be wasting my time to try and stop it happening to others?   I just would not want this happing to anyone else.   Thank you again                
    • Just ask for the refund you appear to be entitled to.  They'll either pay it or they'll explain to you why they won't.  Forget everything else.   Or you could try here:  https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/disputes-prosecutions.152/
    • you stated :   "I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect".     They were there when I should have had an off peak option, they did not give it me!! I asked for the lower fare. they refused!! And threatened a fine!! ( i did not know the jargon , that is true)  but "lower fare option "  should be o.k for them to understand.   When I say, to the effect, that there was a lower fare option listed on your computer before I left the station  Please can I have that as this higher fare seems far too much. Is there another option?   No.   I had full fare or a hefty fine options only.   you stated:   "your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.."   I asked for the lower fare, they refused. repeatedly. They had the option to charge the low fare but absolutely refused and threaten a fine.   I do not have to know any jargon.  I just said it was too much and there was a lower option before i departed and  why can't I have that? They said no and that I had to pay the high fare.   Which is untrue. They should have said that was o.k and gave any restrictions on the ticket!   you stated "this thread is getting boring and repetitive. "   You could help me and the many others  who may read this) who would like advice and offer suggestions of things to ask or mention with the complaint.   What would you say? How can I stop this from happening to others?   I have been told I was right by the staff at the station. So I know I am in the right.   Please can you be a bit more friendly and helpful?  Come on, lets try and do some good here.   I was hoping people might suggest some ideas.   Perhaps we can move onto the questions I should ask or things I should state regards my complaint. with time running out?  If not for me,  for other travellers, who will be going through this same ordeal if we do not help them.   kind regards.          
    • yes because 1000's of people believe a DCA is a bailiff and they are not and that penalty charges are lawful, they are not, so blindly cough up...   worth a few letters / free emails to try it on pays for the staff drinks down the pub that night with free money.   dx  
    • they have already 'outsourced' it ..........to a dca [crs - well that's harlands anyway] watchout for Zinc next.. but don't look at the bottom of the letter as you'll see its the same address again...}   forget about it go enjoy your life.    
  • Our picks

misselle

charge for payment of money for credit union loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2038 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm in real need of some advice.

I have returned to work today to find a letter delivered by a messenger at arms informing me that on the 24th of December a credit union has been to court and gotten a charge for payment of money for a loan I owe them and I have 14 days to pay otherwise they will look at wage or bank account arresstments.

I got the original loan out in February 2012 and had to pay back a total of £1200, I paid back just over 59% of that and then fell into financial difficulties. I had arrears on my mortgage and council tax and as I couldn't afford to pay back those and the loan I made the choice to pay those off first. After that time I suffered from anxiety and depression and was signed off work for a period of time so my income was low. Upon returning to work on part tome medical grounds I finally managed to get my mortgage and council tax arrears paid off.

I haven't heard anything in that period of time from the credit union about the loan until I started getting phone calls in November and then a letter in December saying I was in arrears and to make payments. As I was in a better financial position at the start of January I set up a direct debit online to pay back £50 starting on the 1st of February and received a letter last week confirmed the direct debt was set.

Now obviously I have received this charge for payment of money I'm in a real panic and don't know what to do. I have buddies my head in the sand I know that but I did and do have every intention of paying back what I owe whi h is why I set up the direct debt before I knew they had applied to court.

I'm terrified they will arrest my wages or bank account which would mean I couldn't afford my mortgage. I live on a very tight budget and every penny is accounted for so I can't offer anymore.

Can someone please advise what I can and should do next as I have never been in this situation before and I'm very scared.

Hi,

I'd get in touch with the credit union and inform them you have received a charge for payment from the Sheriff Officers after setting up your repayment plan by Direct Debit.

If they can't sort it out you can apply to the court for a 'time to pay' order, have a look at this 'link'.......................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?185249-Have-you-received-a-charge-for-payment-arrestment-summary-warrant

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert