• Tweets

• forget any warranty, that is not worth the paper it is written on and does not replace, null, overrule or compromise your consumer rights.   tell us about the car? was this a new car you bought or 2nd hand is it on finance or yours when did you purchase it and from whom.
    • Claimant - Perch Capital LTD sols TM Legal   Issue date 19.11.2021   date for defence  - 21st December.   Exact wording of Particulars of claim -   1.The claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan, regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by GAIN Credit LLC.   2.The defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement.   3.The credit agreement was assigned to the claimant, upon which a Notice of Assignment was sent to the defendant.   4.The defendant has either failed to respond to the claimant or has failed to make regular payments.   5.The claimant has issued a letter of claim, providing the defendant with a further opportunity to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance to no avail.   What is the total value of the claim? £1668.00 + £115.00 court fee + £80.00 legal rep fee. Total £1863.00   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to Paragraph 3 of the PAPDC? Not known   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No.   Is the claim for a bank account (overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Loan.   When did you enter into the original agreement, before or after 2007? After 2007   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement? Online.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files? 5 separate entries for Perch - 1. Opened 3.3.2018. Opening balance £150. Current balance £270. Updated Aug 2021. No data. 2. Opened 3.4.2018. Opening balance £250. Current balance £458. Updated Aug 2021. No data. 3. Opened 4.4.2018. Opening balance £170. Current balance £312. Updated Aug 2021. No data. 4. Opened 29.3.2018. Opening balance £350. Current balance £627. Updated Aug 2021. No data. 5. Opened 24.2.2018. Opening balance £400. Current balance £324. Updated Nov 2021. No data.   **No matter how I try, I cannot get any of these to add up to the claimed amount**   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the debt purchaser who has issued the claim  (Perch)    Were you aware the account had been assigned - did you receive Notice of assignment? He doesnt know, all correspondence sent to a previous address.   Did you receive a default notice from the original creditor? Again, any correspondence sent to previous address.   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed "Notice of sum in Arrears" or "Notice of Arrears" at least once a year? Again, maybe sent to previous address.   Why did you cease payments? Never made any.    What was the date of your last payment? None made.   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No.
    • sorry i was getting confused this is an old bill at your present address.   there is little they can really do they can't fit a prepayment meter or cut you off, they are not your current supplier. they could get a DCA involved and no they can't add any penalty fees for doing that, they are unlawful, and as you already know? from reading my sig below, a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and never can be, they have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt no matter what it's type.   they COULD go for a CCJ ...BUT they would HAVE to abide by the pre action protocol letter of claim FIRST which you could then raise a new dispute over.       have you stated this to them?
    • Yes an old account but at same address , I have been a home owner there for about 8 years. The linked address is showing as my parents address    im wondering what action EDF are likely to take ?.. 
    • My experience of dealing with Insurance for years and now having worked in public sector dealing with Housing Associations, is that sheds provided with HA properties don't often form part of the HA's responsibilities.  The shed is provided as an extra storage facility on a courtesy basis, will not be included in any tenancy information and will not be insured by the HA.   A tenants own Contents Insurance policy can include some items that would be classed under Buildings for standard Insurred perils including storm damage, damage from falling tree/branches, however, any cover will most likely exclude damage to sheds.  You may be able to claim for the shed contents.   Check all of the documents as suggested by other, but I think you will find yourself responsible for clearance of the tree and if you want a shed, you will have to replace it.   And you will find it very difficult to claim against the School for not maintaining the trees. If you tried to claim against them, they will pass it to their Insurers, who will say that this was a once in 20 years storm and the trees falling had nothing to do with lack of maintenance.   Nb.  If the HA won't help with costs of removing the tree, you could contact the local Council Authority to see if they can help as they may provide this service to residents.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

Want to reclaim Barclays Business a/c charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Begarion,

If there is a bank loan or overdraft involved, The Lending Code may offer you some hope -

Otherwise have you looked at the possibility of help from the BCOB Regulations. Click on the link for more info.

:-)

Hello,

My first post on here so just finding my way round. I have tried to click the link above but I am being blocked from doing so. The message is saying that I do not have permission to access this page. Hopefully the access issue will be sorted soon. That being the case, are there template letters available for the various stages that may be required to negotiate, or is the link to the letter above the only letter required?

I am actually looking into the possibility of reclaiming some Barclays business account charges for a colleague of mine who does not have internet access. He has had charges on charges for several years and has had a Business Loan and an overdraft facility over the years (although no overdraft facility in place now). The charges have caused hardship.

Other than the link to the letter above (and/or any other available letter templates), is there a link to an interest calculator by any chance?

Hope this post makes sense.

Regards

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello,

A few questions regarding the hardship "Letter For Consideration" if I may. Firstly, is it best to preclude this edited letter template with a Subject Access Request (ie, request all transaction data under the Data Protection Act?). The reason being, as far as I am aware, not all hard copy bank statements are available and as the account is still active, how far back can the claim go?

Also, in the "Letter For Consideration," reference is made to providing an income and expenditure statement. I take it this refers to the business I&E. Is it also worth providing a schedule of private expenditure to support this letter? My colleague only has a Barclays business account, he has no private account.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards

Frank

Hi Frank,

A claim for hardship (Financial Difficulty) will normally refer to the current Lending Code that came into force in March 2011. I assume you have bank statements going back at least 6 years as you need these for (business) income tax purposes. So I doubt you need to precede a reclaim letter with a SAR.

As YF has only one bank a/c (the business a/c), the I&E summary should show YF's total income and expenditure. This should be used to show YF and/or the business is in Financial Difficulty thereby requiring the bank to offer help under the Lending Code.

You should tell YF that refunds of charges, whether for business or private a/c's, are pretty rare these days and there's no certainty about getting anything back.

Thanks slick132. Yes there will be statements available for the last six years. Is that as far back as the claim can go though?

Ideally it would have been handy if he had electronic downloads instead of hard copies, but as mentioned he does not have (or know how to get) internet access and is also a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to computers generally (hence my involvement and offer of help).

He is aware that there are no guarantees, but as I said to him, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hi Frank,

As I suggested above, I would probably limit any claim under the Financial Difficulty section of The Lending Code to the date the current code was introduced.

I think a claim going back any further will be rejected out-of-hand.