quick question about JSA 28's?

joeski

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i know you are only allowed to use JSA 28's twice in a year and my friend used 2 last year, since the new year does that mean he can use 2 more this year or does he have to wait a year after the last one he filled out ended?

hope this makes sense.

The year period starts from the first day of his claim. So if he claimed on, say, 1st June 2013, he can declare two periods of sickness between then and 31st May 2014. After that, the period resets and he can declare two more periods between 1st June 2014 and 31st May 2015.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The year period starts from the first day of his claim. So if he claimed on, say, 1st June 2013, he can declare two periods of sickness between then and 31st May 2014. After that, the period resets and he can declare two more periods between 1st June 2014 and 31st May 2015.

so that means if he used 2 near the end of last year he can't use any more? also what happens if you use more than 2 in a space of a year?

so that means if he used 2 near the end of last year he can't use any more? also what happens if you use more than 2 in a space of a year?

That's right, if he's used two already in this claim year then he can't use any more. If he submits another, they'll reject it and tell him to claim ESA for the period in which he's too ill to look for work. If he doesn't continue to seek work as per his JSag and doesn't claim ESA then his payments will stop and I think they'll close his JSA claim as well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

That's right, if he's used two already in this claim year then he can't use any more. If he submits another, they'll reject it and tell him to claim ESA for the period in which he's too ill to look for work. If he doesn't continue to seek work as per his JSag and doesn't claim ESA then his payments will stop and I think they'll close his JSA claim as well.

thanks i'll let him know.

do you definitely need a JSA 28 when you are too unwell to attend a WP appointment?

A provider might agree to rearrange for you, but I wouldn't count on that. A JSA28 is the only reliable way to protect against a possible sanction for failure to attend.

A provider might agree to rearrange for you, but I wouldn't count on that. A JSA28 is the only reliable way to protect against a possible sanction for failure to attend.

thats true, are you allowed holiday time he now wants to know?

Best to ask both the reception at the JCP and your adviser about how to do it.

Too tired to go through the legislation to find what the Secretary of State wants us to do.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk for the above acts.

ok thank you, i'll tell my friend that if he wants to do that he must go the jobcentre.

Must admit, never signed a holiday form or requested "time off" - I just informed the JCP that I would be "away" and did a rapid reclaim on my return.

Explaining how one could afford flights and attendant costs might be an issue for some - I just said something along the lines of "redundancy pay and savings" without offering any evidence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Must admit, never signed a holiday form or requested "time off" - I just informed the JCP that I would be "away" and did a rapid reclaim on my return.

Explaining how one could afford flights and attendant costs might be an issue for some - I just said something along the lines of "redundancy pay and savings" without offering any evidence.

im not talking about going abroad, my friend needs to visit a sick relative and using a JSA 28 is out of the question due to an error on my part :(

ive heard your allowed holiday time as long as you stay in the uk and i found a sickness form but you can't print it off for some reason. i have told my friend he mite have to speak to the jobcentre but i don't know if your on thr WP as he is :/

I'm not so sure about the specifics of how he should request time off to be away from home - probably speaking to the Jobcentre is indeed the best idea. Never done it myself when claiming JSA and when I worked for JCP it was ESA I processed.

The fact that he's on the WP shouldn't make a difference, though. He should, of course, inform the WP provider if he has appointments while he's away so they can be rearranged.

my friend went to the jobcentre and they have him a holiday form to fill in. he had to put down the address of where he will be staying and he stated that if a job opportunity comes up he will come home to take it up. he has been told to hand it to the signing team at ingeus as he like me is on the WP.

• 1 month later...
i know you are only allowed to use JSA 28's twice in a year and my friend used 2 last year, since the new year does that mean he can use 2 more this year or does he have to wait a year after the last one he filled out ended?

hope this makes sense.

i missed signing on on friday as i was ill. phoned them up but couldnt get through. can i go in tommorrow and fill out a jsa 28 please?

any help would be appreciated!

i missed signing on on friday as i was ill. phoned them up but couldnt get through. can i go in tommorrow and fill out a jsa 28 please?

any help would be appreciated!

Yes, you should be able to do that - just make sure you state Friday as the first day of your illness. Your payment might be delayed for a few days while the form is processed, so the sooner you get it sorted the better.