style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

here we go again

Is there a template that I can print out to get information from the council regarding your council tax and rent rebate for the last 2/3 years

If (and it should) this SAR picks up incompliance from approx. 12 months ago that cost someone there council tax and rent rebate not being paid for several months can the person reclaim it or is it now to late

Don't see why not - the council would come after you for money from years back...........

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Don't see why not - the council would come after you for money from years back...........

that's my thoughts exactly

situation was a year past christmas my daughter handed in wage slips to the council when she phoned to query why her benefit hadn't been sorted they informed her that because she hadn't handed in her wage slips she had lost her right to council tax rent rebate (she did hand them in but couldn't find the receipt she had from the council) so she had to start claim again handed in more payslips

anyway a few months later these wage slips weren't returned to her so she asked them to send them to her they told her they couldn't find the original's but would send the copy's they had on file and low and behold they send copy's of the first lot she had handed in (didn't backdate her benefit )

That's the previous history

today she phoned them to inform them about a change in circumstances they told her a letter went out today regarding her not informing them of her change of circumstance's and her benefit had been suspended

the circumstance's she was informing them of was that she had given her up second job yesterday (Sunday) so was a bit confused about this no said the council you did not inform us of your change of address she has lived in her new house for 7 months and receives housing and council tax rebate at her present (new address ) obviously she informed them of her change in circumstance's

so im thinking of doing a SAR to the council to see what's going on (had a look on our council web site and they charge the £10) bit cheesed of about that

Why not write a complaint letter under their formal Complaints Procedure asking for a complete review of her account and their actions over the period concerned. List each issue in date order so they can respond to each one - that might give you the info you need without spending £10. Take two copies of the letter to the council offices and get them to stamp both of them as received - retain one for your file.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Why not write a complaint letter under their formal Complaints Procedure asking for a complete review of her account and their actions over the period concerned. List each issue in date order so they can respond to each one - that might give you the info you need without spending £10. Take two copies of the letter to the council offices and get them to stamp both of them as received - retain one for your file.

good thinking thanks will do that tonight she is going in tomorrow to sort this latest mess out she refused to discuss it on the phone with them today because she was in her own house and couldn't record the call (going to record the conversation tomorrow on her phone without telling them I think(hope)

Head the letter " complaint under XXXX Council's Formal Complaints Procedure" (in capitals) so the cretins understand what it is..............

Councillor(s) any good?

Good idea - they are there (supposedly) to help the community

aye there is a councillor we know very well I will get her to go see him as soon as possible she needs this sorted asap we don't have time to be writing letters going to councils to sort out there mess I think I might send an e-mail to our MP as well