form 5 yuill&kyle/arrow global/rbs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had sheriff officers at the door this morning serving me with a form 5 notice,

not really sure what to do with it.

problem is,

the account it is regarding is an rbs account that according to them i opened

and took either an overdraft or credit card out when i was 13!

the entry on my credit files has been disputed to rbs and subsequently removed from my credit reports.

id been in touch with yuill&kyle when i received a letter from them last wednesday

stating that i had been served with a form 5,

when in fact i hadn't at that point.

surely they can't issue this if its no longer valid?

edit: so i've just read over the forms again,i was half asleep earlier.

it reads

on or around the 2nd june 2005

rbs advanced monies to the defender in terms of an agreement regulated under the consumer credit act 1974.

the defender failed to the terms of the agreementand accordingly,

a default notice was issued (i never received this) in the terms of the acot on 9th may 2006

seeking £354.00 from the defender,

the defender failed to make payment.

so it appears,

it was the wrong info on all my credit reports

and i never received a default notice,

had no letters,

anything from arrow global

and the only correspondence i have had or recall having is from yuill&kyle.

if the default was issued in 2006 is it not statute barred then?

how do i go about this,

ive filled in that i intend to defend the claim.

i have until the 28th feb to get it back to the court

Edited by flynnsmum123

Hi flynnsmum...are you in Scotland?

Is that the equivalent of a Statuary Demand in England?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Its the equivalent ...it aims to make you Bankrupt...I will report your thread for our Scottish experts as Scottish law is not my forte.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Any Default Notice would (or should) have been issued from the original creditor.

When was the last payment made to this account ?

Debts become statute barred in Scotland after 5 years unlike the rest of the UK where it is 6 years.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

last payment must have been made before the default was sent in 2006.

dont ever remember paying it after that.

should i just send the claim back to the court

saying i intend to defend or what?

can't really be dealing with going to court.

got other things going on so i don't need the stress

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

had a read of that dx,

so send off for a cca and post the form 5 off to the court with intention to defend?

or fire off a SB letter?

still waiting for yuill&kyle to phone me back

since the sheriff officer told me to get in touch with them when i explained what it was about

Some more information for you.

As well as Time Orders (under the CCA) there is also a procedure called 'Time to Pay' - which has distinct similarities to the variation process we have down here. It prevents further enforcement (this is called dilligence in Scotland). One key difference is that Time to Pays are generally limited in time, the Sheriffs will only usually allow payments to be spread over a few years - though I've seen some which are a little longer. From what I understand, the creditor has to send information about the debtor's rights to apply for such an order.

Here's a useful fact sheet squire: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=06_time_to_pay_directions_and_orders

Given that it appears that there is already a decree, I wonder whether or there is the possibility to recall it - this is akin to a set aside.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello there. Have you had any other paperwork prior to this from a court at all, I@m assuming you've not had anything - just like you've had nothing from the creditor? Does your credit file show whether or not there is a 'decree'?

i had a letter from yiull&kyle about a week prior,saying that they had served me with court papers,when in fact i hadn't been.

i contacted them and they said they were looking into it. phoned and had to leave a message about 5 days ago now saying it was urgent someone get back to me and surprise,no phone call or email back.

the account is no longer on experian or noddle,it was removed. i can't check equifax since i had a free trial with them a while ago. there is defo nothing on there saying decree.

citizenb,ive had a look at that link,im a bit confused. do i try and set up this time to pay thing or not,the default was issued in 2006 apparently and ive not made any payments to my knowledge so it is SB

Hello again,

Depending on where we are within the court process, and given that there is a good chance that the debt is 'prescribed' (another term for statute barred - genrrally used in Scotland) You *may* be able to apply to have the decree 'recalled'.

Here's a little more info:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=07_recall_of_decree

- Seq.

sequenci, ive had a read of that...i may be over tired or just slow but i'm not sure how that would help me.

no payments have been made in 6+ plus as far as i am aware so it is unenforceable as far as i know,when reading that article i am getting the impression that it would be for a debt that isn't SB'd

i'm going to send the papers off tomorrow,do i just send the 1 page back to the court or do i include reason for defending etc

ie: that debt is SB'd etc

sorry for sounding stupid i am just up to my eyeballs with everything else i feel like a could cry

it does,sort of, but when you asked if there was anything on my credit file saying decree i went and checked and there wasn't. the debt this is regarding isn't even on my credit file anymore.

it says i'd need to go to the court to get the form for the recall,but i can't physically get to the court. its about 1hour bus journey and then 30-45 minutes walk. after the medical issues ive had i can't walk that far without being in extreme pain,can i phone them and ask them to send it?

I'm sure it will be fine to phone the court flynnsmum. You say you have until 28th Feb to get it back to the court, so it would seem there's plenty of time for things to go back and forth by post. You should deal with it asap though in case there are other matters that need taking into account, especially if you do have to rely on snail mail. BTW, debts are statute barred after 5 years in Scotland so that's even better for you. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

i spoke to CAB today,which were as good as a chocolate fireguard.....said that if i reply to the court papers it can/will be taken as an acknowledgement of the debt?

they said best to contact scottish legal aid board to see if they can point me in the right direction of someone qualified who can help,had to leave a message but no one has got back to me yet.

i am just SO confused

got a letter from yuill and kyle yesterday i shall type it out and see whats what.

dear sirs

arrow global guernsey limited - v you

as you have failed to pay out clients acount we have served a summons upon you by sheriff officers

should you not dispute the debt then you are now liable to pay the sum shown below which includes judicial expenses and interest

to avoid a decree passing against you then please return the slup below with your remittance. failure to do so will mean decree passing against you and our instructing the sheriff officers to recover the principal,judicial expenses and a greater amount of interest along with the sheriff officers fees. a decree is the courts order requiring you to ay the principal sum due,interest and associated expenses.

finally we refer you to the court document now served uon you which details your right to make representations to the court and if appropriate to pay the debt by installments.

if you are in any doubt of the implications of this communication we would recommend that you contact your solicitor or the citizens advice bureau.

princiapl due : 354.00

judicial expenses : 183.23

recoverable costs : 49.00

interest : 0

collection costs : 0

total : 585.23

thoughts?

i was going to say i can't believe theyve added those cost when the amount is SB but i really can.

think i have got somewhere with trying to see what to do regarding sending stuff back to the court,been advised to sent the papers back to the court with intent to defend and a limiations letter off to yuill and kyle.

the problem is though,ive been told since i'll be sending an intent to defend to the court i am expected to attend the hearing which is impossible for me. i get 1.5 hours to myself a day when my youngest is at nursery...by the time i had spent 45mins to 1hour on a bus to the city centre,it would be at least another 30mins walk which i can't do or probably £10 in taxi by that time i'd have no way of getting back to collect her from nursery.

i was getting so stressed about this yesterday i was seriously considering just sending it back and offering £1 a month to get it over with but i shall trudge on

Could you get one of the other parents to pick her up? You could always return the favour one day.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.