Interpretations for non English speaking people..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is a link to another story about Immigrants being able to speak English to claim benefits - something I think will help more than anything else.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541892/Speak-English-lose-benefits-Cameron-stop-payouts-immigrants-use-taxpayer-funded-translators.html

Thank you for the link..

The PC brigade will no doubt chime in, but why shouldnt they be told that in order to claim benefits or work here, they should have a good solid understanding of the English language. if we went over to their country, we would be forced to learn theirs.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The PC brigade will no doubt chime in, but why shouldnt they be told that in order to claim benefits or work here, they should have a good solid understanding of the English language. if we went over to their country, we would be forced to learn theirs.

Exactly. This country operates at times with the economics of the mad house..

I think knowledge of English up to the first year of Senior school would be the benchmark for claiming benefits - after all if I went to France I would be made to learn French up to that level and as France are in the EU it seems fair that we should adopt the same rules.

About 25 years ago I was at a Council Meeting in Hammersmith and the Labour Party were in power and had decided to print information leaflets in a number of languages. A very noisy Irish Conservative member of the Council just asked,

"Have you ever seen a Pakistani or Indian corner shop owner who can't speak English?"

Last year on the Jeremy Vine Radio 2 programme a woman who has been here for 20 years and can't speak English was asked why not (through an interpreter, of course).

She replied that she didn't need to. She could get benefits and stay within her own community so she didn't want or need to learn English.