EDF sneaky!!!

Guest Angel235
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Angel235

I had the fixed pay till sept 2014

I had a letter month or so to say they are putting the price up!!! I wrote a massive complaint letter and eventually had a reply back saying no they can put it up as I have been using more???

What should I do ?

They tried this with us as well. Tried moving out amount from £102 pm to £135 pm for the same reason they have given you.

Of course people are going to use more. It's winter and cold ! In the summer it will offset again and be in credit.

I called them and refused to pay the higher amount and carried on paying the lower amount.

Are they putting the price up or just charging for the amount you are using?

Unless you've got electric heating your usage does not change that much across the year

I'm not sure where the issue is if they are changing your payments to match your usage and they don't normally change unless they believe your payments / usage across the term won't match. Would you rather have a huge debt to pay at the end of the fixed rate

Usage will rise in the winter. But falls in the summer for the simple reason of people use their heating in the winter so use more gas/electricity.

My circs mean more gas as heating is running. In the summer it's turned off completely. So no cost.

Edf even agreed come summer the debt if any. Will be offset within a few months.

Otherwise they will end up oweing me money !! Ever tried to get money back off them lol