i don't know if i shouldbelieve this or not :/

joeski
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive just had a discussion with someone who is also on the WP and he claims that it is possible that there could be hidden cameras and microphones in places like WP providers centres and jobcentres that not even the staff who work there know about. he said there could be someone sitting upstairs monitoring everyone and not even the staff here may know about it, the building where ingeus the provider we attend is located does have lots of empty floors :/

could this be happening or is this person just trying to spook people?

The question to ask, joeski, would be why? To kit out a room with hidden cameras and microphones isn't particularly cheap. Plus the cost of somebody to monitor them. Then replicate that throughout the WP scheme. Where would the gain be? From what I've read here about the providers of these schemes, then the only thing they're likely to capture is their own ineptitude. And who wants to risk that leaking onto Youtube?

My vote is that it's a wind up ...

There might be CCTV cameras installed to monitor "public areas" under the pretext of "security", but secret microphones & camera, No. Doing that would come under the remit of the Regulation of Investigative Powers Act and quite likely a whole bunch of other legislation.

Your fiend has been watching too many spy films or stories about GCHQ/NSA activities - If you are really concerned, limit your conversations to non-committal sentences of one or two (polite) words.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

im the the kind of person who thinks a lot and him saying that to me kinda freaked me out, also whenever i see him ingeus he says stuff like don't speak too loudly you don't know whos listening and stuff like that.

also he is not a friend of mine, just someone i met on the WP.

Companies do instal CCTV in offices. A company I worked for had problems with thefts occuring in the evenings, so they installed cameras in the air conditioning ducts in the ceilings in a few of the offices. A few weeks later, some cleaners were caught on camera and the contracting company got rid of them. The CCTV footage was not used by the company or Police to pursue prosecutions.

So it is possible there is CCTV, but this is for general security and not listening to conversations.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

unclebulgaria, as you say, that's different. That's a genuine security issue and targeted specifically at finding a thief. I was involved in Retail Security some years ago and - if needs be - we did that sort of thing.

Personally I think, from joeski's subsequent post, it's definitely a wind up.

I think covert recording by WP providers can be ruled out on two counts.

a) Cost. It's well documented that the providers are tighter than a ducks rear end, I can't see them forking out for costly equipment and paying someone to monitor the system.

b) Competence. It's also well documented that the average WP employee is as thick as two short ones, anyone tasked with monitoring the system would simply become inert due to limited brain function.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

im the the kind of person who thinks a lot and him saying that to me kinda freaked me out, also whenever i see him ingeus he says stuff like don't speak too loudly you don't know whos listening and stuff like that.

also he is not a friend of mine, just someone i met on the WP.

If business id being conducted in a public area, there is no expectations of privacy. If an adviser wishes to discuss personal matters, then it is only right that it should be done in a private room - As has been pointed out, you never know who is listening in on the conversation.... It could be me, and I'd be stirring things up if I overheard stuff that I shouldn't.... Want to discuss someone's criminal record, then I'll raise it as a breach of confidentiality with the DWP and watch the s*** hit the walls.

joeski: There is no 'R' in "fiend" :!:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Ah... One of the tin foil hat brigade.

Nuff said !

Quite. And, well, for what reason would the government do this? It would be logistically difficult to implement, tedious and expensive to monitor, relatively easy to detect and horribly illegal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sounds like the guy you spoke to has some mental health issues. As others have pointed out, it is important to think logically and sensibly about these things. The type of surveillance being suggested would cost millions nationwide and would involve lots of people to staff it, and what could they possibly get out of it?

Sadly paranoia is a symptom of quite a few mental health conditions.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Your friend might be right, I wouldnt put anything past the tyrant government. If they can monitor all your internet and phone activity there aint no limits to what they do.

Try watching some Alex Jones stuff on YT.

No, seriously, don't watch Alex Jones on YT. Really, don't. They can't monitor all you internet and phone activity, and there's no reason at all, whatsoever, why they'd bug WP premises to snoop on people. Good grief, people! There are real problems out there, there are people suffering because of welfare reforms.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sounds like the guy you spoke to has some mental health issues. As others have pointed out, it is important to think logically and sensibly about these things. The type of surveillance being suggested would cost millions nationwide and would involve lots of people to staff it, and what could they possibly get out of it?

Sadly paranoia is a symptom of quite a few mental health conditions.

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't all out to get me, or that I am a loon!

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't all out to get me, or that I am a loon!

Some mental health problems involve paranoia.

Not all with mental health issues experience paranoia.

Not all paranoia indicates a mental health problem.

Most paranoids have nothing to be paranoid about.

A tiny number of paranoids are not paranoid, and there are indeed people out to get them.

100% of paranoids believe they are one of the 'tiny number' with something real to worry about.

And though not a paranoid, I am one of the medicated mentally ill, and please be aware that we prefer the terms 'nutter' or 'fruitcake' to 'loon'.

I suggest wearing a tin foil hat to subsequent WP appointments to avoid brain matter turning to mush under the providers mind control gamma ray equipment.

For those unsure of how to go about constructing this essential piece of headgear, please consult your WP advisor as they have a specific course teaching paper hat folding skills.

Utilising tin foil instead of newspaper, or even stuffing a newspaper bonnet with shredded foil will ensure cranial integrity at all times, which is especially useful during the 'pumpkin positive' test. For those that have not experienced this test, it involves the advisor shining a torch in the clients mouth to see if their head lights up like a Halloween pumpkin.

Obviously the tin foil hat will prevent the upper part of the head resembling a 100 watt light bulb.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Some mental health problems involve paranoia.

Not all with mental health issues experience paranoia.

Not all paranoia indicates a mental health problem.

Most paranoids have nothing to be paranoid about.

A tiny number of paranoids are not paranoid, and there are indeed people out to get them.

100% of paranoids believe they are one of the 'tiny number' with something real to worry about.

And though not a paranoid, I am one of the medicated mentally ill, and please be aware that we prefer the terms 'nutter' or 'fruitcake' to 'loon'.

Now my brain hurts! you did that deliberately didn't you. That is the proof that you ARE out to get me

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I suggest wearing a tin foil hat to subsequent WP appointments to avoid brain matter turning to mush under the providers mind control gamma ray equipment.

For those unsure of how to go about constructing this essential piece of headgear, please consult your WP advisor as they have a specific course teaching paper hat folding skills.

Utilising tin foil instead of newspaper, or even stuffing a newspaper bonnet with shredded foil will ensure cranial integrity at all times, which is especially useful during the 'pumpkin positive' test. For those that have not experienced this test, it involves the advisor shining a torch in the clients mouth to see if their head lights up like a Halloween pumpkin.

Obviously the tin foil hat will prevent the upper part of the head resembling a 100 watt light bulb.

lol

Will it help if I wear one for my WCA?

Sure it will, and I can imagine what would be on the report:

'Claimant was well dressed and due to an apparent interest in crafts had made his own hat to wear to the assessment'.