UKPC, Moorgate, Bury ** SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, s

after receiving a parking charge ticket today I did some Googling and I joined the forum to ask some advice.

We visited Moorgate today with our 2 kids and parked up around 13:45.

We went to the KFC on site and spent around 40 mins in there.

We then went into Halfords where we browsed then left the site and visited Debenhams before returning

and going into the Home bargains back on the Moorgate site around 15:15.

We bought one item from there (the receipt shows 15:26 as the time of the purchase and I scanned it for proof)

and went back to the car within the 2 hours allowed on the sign to find a parking charge ticket on the window from UKPC for £60 for leaving the site!

The ticket had even been issued BEFORE we'd actually left the site.

We were shocked and disgusted to be honest! The ticket says:

time first seen: 14:07 (we were still on site and in KFC at the time)

Time issued: 14:30 (we were in Halfords at this point)

I was about to contest the ticket and provide all my details until I saw this thread!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi all, s

after receiving a parking charge ticket today I did some Googling and I joined the forum to ask some advice.

We visited Moorgate today with our 2 kids and parked up around 13:45.

We went to the KFC on site and spent around 40 mins in there.

We then went into Halfords where we browsed then left the site and visited Debenhams before returning

and going into the Home bargains back on the Moorgate site around 15:15.

We bought one item from there (the receipt shows 15:26 as the time of the purchase and I scanned it for proof)

and went back to the car within the 2 hours allowed on the sign to find a parking charge ticket on the window from UKPC for £60 for leaving the site!

The ticket had even been issued BEFORE we'd actually left the site.

We were shocked and disgusted to be honest! The ticket says:

time first seen: 14:07 (we were still on site and in KFC at the time)

Time issued: 14:30 (we were in Halfords at this point)

I was about to contest the ticket and provide all my details until I saw this thread!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Well you've done the right thing so far!

Do not respond to the windscreen ticket(NTD), wait and see if you get a Notice To Keeper in the post. This has to be between 29-56 days from today for it follow the guidelines that they have set themselves. (PPC industry).

Did you pay by card in KFC ? If so contact CC co. and request timed proof of transaction, would prove useful in a POPLA appeal.

Follow #3 Good advice. When you get NTK return for appeal advice.

I feel bad that your weekend with your family gets tarnished by some "Chancer". Still look on the bright side CLIP CLOP,CLIP CLOP " We're deep into revolver country with these boys"

Enjoy Sunday.

IF you get an invoice through the post, update this thread. Keep all paperwork as dates are important, and you will get advice on what to do then.

There is no such penalty as leaving the site so they can go whistle.

I would wait until you get a letter through the post as a notice to keeper and then write back and tell them emphatically that you wer in KFC at the time and the ticketing of your vehicle and the consequent demands are misrepresentation and harassment and will be dealt with as such if you get any more demands.

• 2 weeks later...

The signs were changed in October to include the 'leaving site' element.

Get over to MSE...

....and get the up to date advice on what to do. I took these UKPC lot on and won after following the advice on MSE.

DO NOT IGNORE - get to POPLA and kill the charge off for good.

The signs were changed in October to include the 'leaving site' element.

Get over to MSE...

....and get the up to date advice on what to do. I took these UKPC lot on and won after following the advice on MSE.

DO NOT IGNORE - get to POPLA and kill the charge off for good.

Edited post. Please refrain from posting links. We all know where MSE is.

As to why your first post on CAG is encouraging others to go look elsewhere when the advice here (and on other sites) is just as relevant, I have no idea. Perhaps you would enlighten us??

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would like to ask why this site seems to be anti MSE and PePiPoo? All three sites should be pulling together. Why the antagonism against those forums?

There aren't any "anti" feelings at all. The comment was pointed at a person who had registered and made a single post, the advice offered on each Forum is broadly similar and most who are looking look at each anyway.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am afraid that's not the impression I get. Remember the struggle I had trying to link to the MSE letter chains (including a couple of not very nice emails I received from one of your mods) and the saga of trying to link to Parking Prankster's blogs?

f16 - the 'leaving site' lark only applies to the driver as they are the one supposedly making the contract. The passengers can do what they like. There was a case a few weeks back where the driver left left site, but his wife stayed on site - he got a ticket.

I wish the original poster all the best. Use the correct terms in your appeal and you will win at POPLA.

Not everyone knows where MSE is so you are wrong on that - if they did, then more than 1% of the issued tickets would be appealed. I only came over as I'd picked up a link saying that the wrong advice was being given to people.

I thought the whole point of these forums is to HELP people. I didn't realise there is so much ill-will to others from the CAG team. I occassionally go to the car parks and give leaflets to ticketed drivers telling them how to fight their tickets - so I'm no newbie (only to this forum).

Finally, It's toys out the pram time - I'll not go where I'm not welcome - I'll deregister.

DBC, there is no problem at all with linking to Parking Prankster or the occasional link to MSE and pepipoo. PP is an excellent blog and I have linked there myself.

As for MSE and Pepipoo.. I wonder how either of htose sites would feel if I were to register on them and then "spam" them with links to CAG !!

If anyone believes the advice given on CAG is wrong - then they should let us know and it can be corrected. It is my understanding though we are broadly giving the same information.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There are links to this site on both MSE and PePipoo. They don't seem to have any problem with that. It's just this forum. In the past when I have tried to link to MSE I have been accused of "touting" that site, when all I wanted to do was link to the MSE "letter chain" pages.

CitizenB

The problem with CAG up until recently(as i dont post much on here now so cant comment if things have changed) is that people were giving advice that Popla is a waste of time etc and saying ignore was still the way to go. This is clearly not the case. Also you need to remove the attuide about dealing with things of forum.

Most parking eye court cases are dealt off forum by email and this important as you dont need everything to be in the public eye. Documents that Parking eye serve need to be challanged and people need one to one advice, how on earth can you do this when you want everything on a thread.

People get regular assistance now in court hearings, this can not be done all "on forum", its silly to think otherwise.

Obviously people still have to be aware of who they area dealing with, but we are all adults at the end of the day.

Its a shame that the parking section doesnt offer the same high quality advice that other sections of the forums do, such as debt/benefits etc, I would recommend people use CAG any day for those sort of matters but until the style/attitude changes a bit on the parking then i am affraid i would never recommend anyone uses CAG for a parking issue, esp if they had a court claim.

As for MSE and Pepipoo.. I wonder how either of htose sites would feel if I were to register on them and then "spam" them with links to CAG !!

If anyone believes the advice given on CAG is wrong - then they should let us know and it can be corrected. It is my understanding though we are broadly giving the same information.

MSE and Pepipoo have a more enlightened attitude to links to other sites which are of use to members of the forums. Putting in useful links is not spamming by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited post. Please refrain from posting links. We all know where MSE is.

As to why your first post on CAG is encouraging others to go look elsewhere when the advice here (and on other sites) is just as relevant, I have no idea. Perhaps you would enlighten us??

Why is the policy of not allowing links so selectively enforced on CAG?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies. Heres an update. I received a letter from UKPC regarding a 'Notice to Keeper' and saying the fine hasn't been paid and if it isn't paid within 28 days myself the registered keeper will be liable under schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 to pay the charge. Any advice on what I should be doing next? Ignore it?

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg xxxxxxx , I wish to invoke your appeals process, as I am not liable for this parking charge.

The land owner has suffered no loss while the driver was using the facilities on the site.

Please cancel this charge forthwith.

If you do not cancel this charge, please provide me with a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.'

Do not ignore the NTK. Appeal as above and we can get the charge cancelled at POPLA with the correctly worded appeal.