A Plea to Neighbours Everywhere

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Neighbour

I don't really know you, but I'd like to ask you a favour. Please turn your music down, or, if you feel you need to listen to really loud music (who doesn't sometimes), then please use some headphones - I'll happily buy you some if finances are an issue.

Because, you see, all I can hear is a continuous loud thump-thump noise at varying speeds. I can put up with it for a little while every now and then, or the occasional night if you're throwing a party (no I don't need an invite, just a note of warning through the door with a 'promise to end by' time), but it's been more than five hours now, with no signs of stopping. Every now and then there is a pause in the thumping, and I become hopeful, but then it starts again and I realise it was just changing tracks. I dread to think how loud the music must be in your flat for it to still be loud through several walls and a lobby.

I may now feel the need to resort to playing chop suey very loud to drown you out, and am considering moving on to some slip knot if you continue to trespass on my peace and quiet.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

oh you have them as well, snap! I put a complint in to our HA officer as enough is enough

Edited by snowdragon

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Oh I had a problem very similar some yrs ago where housing moved a student into flat above, constant student parties for over 2yrs hell but I got the last laugh when they got evicted.

Keep a written record of every single incident.

Follow it by reporting to police, housing and council.

This Incident Log PDF may be of help:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Play some heavy dubstep, and put the speaker by their front door.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

We had that when I lived in a big block of flats on an estate, one of the neighbours in a smaller block blasted everybody with disco music at 2am on a Saturday morning, this was in the summer and their windows were wide open...

We got revenge when a friend who was moving left his Marhsall speakers in our flat, (he was a professional musician and we had four 250 watt speakers). We wired said speakers up to the stereo and played Deep Purple and Black Sabbath back at them.... a cheer was heard round the estate and no more music was played at a loud level

Stopped after 7 and a half hours, but expect it to restart when they get back from......wherever. Having just moved in, not sure if this is a pattern, happened about 6 or 7 times in a month. There was loud music till 4am one night over xmas period - but everyone deserves the occasional party - had them myself when I was younger.

Husband doesn't mind at all - says he was as bad 30 years ago. So I'm firmly blaming the karma his neighbours wished on him.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

This is link dabbas posted to help others: https://www.gov.uk/report-noise-pollution-to-council

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group