Disciplinary Hearing allegation of Gross Misconduct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

Just looking for some advice; professional or just from someone who has been in the same situation as myself.

I've been suspended from my work place for 8 months after a student nursed on a 2 week placement made a false allegation about myself. She has accused myself of throwing water over a patient whilst laughing. The other two people who have also been suspended are respected members of staff who have worked with th trust for 20 years. On the day in question she had made an allegation that I threw water, laughed and turned around and did a curtsy (as a man, this is something I'd never do). It has been a hard 8 months, I've been interviews under caution by the police as they could of charged me with common assault, but they didn't take it any further as there was lack of evidence.

I have worked with the trust for 3 years, I have a clean disciplinary record and also no issues about my work practice from my previous employer.

The third year student nurse didn't report the allegation for two weeks as she was afraid of reprisal and felt she couldn't approach anyone. I continued to work on the ward for 2 weeks and she was fully aware I was working with this patient and didn't say anything. Surely reporting an allegation becomes before how you would feel.

There are no truth in the allegations what so ever and utterly appalled that someone would question the way myself and the other two members of staff work. They have the best relationship with the patient and would never see any harm come to him.

The investigating officer has decided to take the case to a disciplinary hearing, the three of us involved have denied the allegations. My ward manager has also commended my work attitude and has never had any concerns about the way I work.

Is there anyone out there who could give me their opinion on the situation and when it comes to the hearing, what questions can I ask the person who had made the allegations.

Thanks in advanced! :)

I don't think you can ask your accuser any questions. If there is no evidence supplied to back up what the accuser has said, then I cannot see this going any further. The patient or other patients who may have witnessed the events, would I guess be key. These days following media coverage of poor care, the hospitals have to make sure no stone is left unturned to find out whether there is any truth to an accusation.

I don't work in the NHS, but have had some experience of dealing with misconduct hearings elsewhere. If you are worried at all, you should have a union or legal rep helping you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1. totally clean record to date?

2. what evidence do they have

3. how did your investigatory interview go

4. Any idea why it's been 8 months?

5. Are you getting paid?

6. Are you in the union?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!