cabot/HL legal old cap1debt- claim form received from capquest

lababy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the POC's?

Can you give a history of the debt?

When was the last time you made payment to the account

and made written acknowledgement to it?

Have you ever requested a CCA?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thread moved to the Legal forum.

What is the date of issue on the claim form?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

So it sounds like the debt is well SB. If so, then it will be a complete defence. First, make sure you file AOS through MCOL. Then check for certain the absolute last date you made payment to the debt AND made written acknowledgement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I have no idea what I'm doing with this and how to do it.

There is an entry on my credit file for a capital one card for the amount of £398 which was opened on th 26/05/2004 and defaulted on 30/12/2008.

We moved into our new house in 2007 so no payments were made since then.

This Cajun is for £299.99 with fees it's £364.99.

I did have two capital one cards but can't remember how much was owing on the other.

Defiantly not made any payments since 2007 though.

I think I've sent them cca requests in the past but never heard back from them.

We have had a rough few years and it's obviously slipped my mind :(

Ok.

On your court form,

there will be a username and password for you to use in order to Acknowledge and follow up the claim online.

Do this, so you can be sure you are meeting the timelines.

Once you have done this, it gives you more time to prepare a defence.

We can help with that.

Basically all youd need to do is copy and paste it.

No. Contest jurisdiction means if youa re living in france etc and the court doesnt have authority over it.

Well I would

if they didn't come up will one before

they will have to prove the debt in court with one

and also proof of payment in the last 6 years .

will be defending the claim as SB.

renegade will give you a bit more info they are really good at this.

Please type up the exact wording of the poc. You need to send a CPR 31.14 request to the claimants sols and a cca request .What was date of issue of claim?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

You said " Shall i do the CCA request again?"

have you already sent one before? If so, what response did you get?

I sent one a good few years ago but never had any reply. Know I should have chased it up be we had a family death and things went to pot :(

POC details are

Part only of monies due under regulated credit agreement number xxxx

between capital one bank (Europe) Plc and the defendant

the benefit of which was assigned to the claimant on 18-sept-09.

The agreement terminated upon the defendant failure to comply with the terms of the agreement

they are in default of your CCA request,

meaning they probably dont have one,

the debt is likely statute barred so its unenforceable under law.

Time to get all your paperwork sorted so you can be 100% sure of your defence.

Thanks everyone. I don't have any paperwork as it's been that long :( do I write to them with a CCA request. Does anyone have a template for me to use too please, don't want to drop myself in it.

Here you are...head the request with " I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company "

send it to the Sols named on the claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

15th jan 2014

I sent one a good few years ago but never had any reply. Know I should have chased it up be we had a family death and things went to pot :(

POC details are

Part only of monies due under regulated credit agreement number xxxx between capital one bank (Europe) Plc and the defendant the benefit of which was assigned to the claimant on 18-sept-09. The agreement terminated upon the defendant failure to comply with the terms of the agreement

Why have they issued only a part claim?

You have a timeline which is as follows :

Date of issue 15 January + 5 days for service = 20 January + 14 days to acknowledge = 3 February + 14 days to submit defence = 17 February 2014 (33 days from date of issue).

If they are still in default of your s78 request, then they should not have issued the claim.. IMHO.

When was the last date you made payment to the account and when was any default notice issued ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have no idea when the last date was or if a default was issued. It was all done a my old address which we left 7 yrs ago. I have not had anything from them since being here.