• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Death of democracy in the UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several hundred years ago we were ruled by one man who called himself KING and he took whatever he wanted from the serfs.

Now we are ruled by over six hundred people who think they are kings and can take anything they want as they still see the rest of us as serfs, they are elected to serve us not the other way round but when do they ever serve us. MP's with their expenses and continual fiddling and lying are the biggest parasites in the country.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will never happen. CD. Cameron will NEVER cowtail to pressure. Sadly he believes EVERYTHING he is doing is right, when in reality it is only benefiting him and his friends in business. Pretty much the same as every other PM has that was educated in Eton.

Also remember he was a millionaire the second he was born so he has absolutely no idea what the bare reality is for a good 2/3'rds of the country.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Will never happen. CD. Cameron will NEVER cowtail to pressure. Sadly he believes EVERYTHING he is doing is right, when in reality it is only benefiting him and his friends in business. Pretty much the same as every other PM has that was educated in Eton.

Also remember he was a millionaire the second he was born so he has absolutely no idea what the bare reality is for a good 2/3'rds of the country.

His permission is not required..

Doesnt need to. he has the power to lock down cities and arrest people. Check the terroism law. It gives him the power to do so, as the method you chose is considered an act against the state. i.e terroism.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

We need massive civil organised non violent protests that send a clear message that the people are meant to be served.

I only wish people would all stand together instead of falling for the divide and conquer agenda they have in place. The debt we are in for one is none existant and impossible to pay as the money is created out of thin air and the interest can never be generated. It's the biggest [problem] in history to keep the rich/poor divide where it is.

I only wish people would all stand together instead of falling for the divide and conquer agenda they have in place. The debt we are in for one is none existant and impossible to pay as the money is created out of thin air and the interest can never be generated. It's the biggest [problem] in history to keep the rich/poor divide where it is.

Quite right.

I hear we are buying three water canons, must be for that protest you want to organise CD:madgrin:

I only wish people would all stand together instead of falling for the divide and conquer agenda they have in place. The debt we are in for one is none existant and impossible to pay as the money is created out of thin air and the interest can never be generated. It's the biggest **** in history to keep the rich/poor divide where it is.

You have expressed that very well and in my opinion saying it as it is..

Doesnt need to. he has the power to lock down cities and arrest people. Check the terroism law. It gives him the power to do so, as the method you chose is considered an act against the state. i.e terroism.[/quote

Democracy is a system for the people by the people. Is that not what we are supposed to be ?

Doesnt need to. he has the power to lock down cities and arrest people. Check the terroism law. It gives him the power to do so, as the method you chose is considered an act against the state. i.e terroism.[/quote

Democracy is a system for the people by the people. Is that not what we are supposed to be ?

Democracy is a system for the politicians to act like the people have a say. It's been that way for hundreds of years, if not thousands.

Democracy is a system for the politicians to act like the people have a say. It's been that way for hundreds of years, if not thousands.

My personal opinion is Democracy is a system for the people by the people.It is a system that can be withdrawn at any time..

We are sold we live in a democracy but if the people try to uphold those rights, then we become terrorists, the real terrorists are the faceless ones who set up there systems of controlling by fear. Is that not how it works or have I got it wrong. I'm happy to be proved wrong..

We are sold we live in a democracy but if the people try to uphold those rights, then we become terrorists, the real terrorists are the faceless ones who set up there systems of controlling by fear. Is that not how it works or have I got it wrong. I'm happy to be proved wrong..

A shake up is what is needed. I'd better watch what i type or I'll have evil Psychopaths like Theresa May making it an act of terrorism to voice my opinions. After reading the manifest of UKIP and although I don't fully agree with it, UKIP will have my vote. Political correctness gone and freedom of speech reinstated. " I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Voltaire...

We were and are all born equals. Freedom is and should always be a fundemental right of every individual. The whole system we live in drives me mad! The UK is still a common law juristiction so what on earth happened to the common sense? The police and justice system is supposed to be impartial but rediculous acts of parliament and legal formalities which are enforced purely to generate revenue are far from just. Small businesses taxed to the hilt where huge corporations get away with paying zero tax. Banks granted the power to print money like confetti based on a fractional reserve system then have the pleasure of loaning to us this money at an interest that we ourselves have created with our signature. Phonecalls, emails, text messages and all kinds of data stolen for what reason? It's all ok though, we have facebook and the x-factor so we can all sit back and let the establishment take care of us:doh:

I apologize for a bit of a rant there, I can't help myself sometimes.

Freedom of speech only applies in relation to the government. People forget, you can say what you like to others already, but you damn well better not get offended when that person retaliates.

Oh, and UKIP are nothing more than a pseudo-racist party that will do NOTHING to make this country better and EVERYTHING to make it 100x worse. Seriously, do you really think farage has any clue what he is talking about?

I seriously don't think any of the idiots know what they are talking about. Cameron is so out of touch, he wouldn't know poor if it slapped him in the face. Count Miliband, you can have your communism. Clegg, who and what are you again? I personally have no confidence in the top 3 (2) parties. Our situation will only get worse or I believe so anyway. If Farage screws up, at least it would be a wake up call for the only 3 parties in politics who have got so complacent to lose so many votes to a fringe party. I'd like to see a big change in the current system and believe UKIP to be the only opportunity.

UKIP are worse than the 3 main ones. To believe otherwise is laughable.

What needs to happen is the electoral system needs a major overhaul, or a simple checkbox that states something along the line of abstain or no party to vote for.

I think they are all as bad as one another. All government's serve them selves, and if voting ever changed anything, it would be illegal..

True. PR would mean that every vote would count, all the different lesser parties would have a voice and real change could begin to happen. With the current voting system, nothing will change. Unless you live in a marginal seat, your vote doesn't even count, even if you do want to vote for semi racist UKIP.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

While you have counties that are so called 'safe seats' for a major political party, you will NEVER have a fair electoral system. One good thing about it though, its not as corrupt and as stupid as the U.S's system.

Death of democracy in the UK

There has only ever been the illusion of democracy. They do sneaky things like move the border lines of marginal seats to include more safe votes to ensure they get elected... that's why it generally takes more than just 1 term for the party to change.

34% of politicians attended private school, I think I know about 3 people that attended private school!

Where I live you could pin a red rose to a chimp and it would get elected, because the whole area was mining and lib dems are now a bigger joke than ever. Political discussions with friends before the last general election, we were all praising the lib dems for their stance on tuition fees. Anyone of us that listened to their "promise" were sadly disappointed, and the tories will never be forgiven for the pit closures (although the pits were doomed no matter what government was in as power stations could buy cheaper coal from developing countries)

What I don't understand, I don't know anyone that changes their vote. The people who tell me where they vote have never changed... so how come their are enough people that change their minds for the opposition to ever get power?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar