Shop Direct Charges

graceful_willow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening.

I've read a few threads about shop direct on here to pick up tips on how to take action against them,

but all these information are confusing the heck out of me!

I'm sorry, but I have to start my own thread though my query is most probably the same as everyone, just to get this straight in my head...

I want to reclaim the charges they've applied on my account.

But I don't know where to start.

To give a bit of a background,

every month I get late payment charges from them.

This is because they have this 4 week payment cycle which I can't adhere to

because I don't get paid until the very last day of the month.

I've accepted all these charges thinking I've opened an account with them with full knowledge of their terms and condition.

But very recently, I made a mistake and overpaid them.

I asked for a refund.

They said they will refund my money back.

I waited and waited, but nothing got refunded.

I've left it, assuming they will offset it towards next month's due.

They didn't.

I know that the money went towards my account anyway and reduced my balance, but there's something wrong here.

They're not prepared to help, and they lie. In my opinion, they should pay for this.

Please help me. How and where do I start?

Hi

If you do not know how much they have had off you in charges or you cannot get ALL of your statements, you will need to send a SAR.

Once you have the details you can use a spreadsheet found in the library to help you work out what they owe you. It is very likely they have added interest on to each charge as well so when you use the spreadsheet, input their interest rate. You will be surprised on how much it can work out at.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would do a separate spreadsheet for each account and you can include them both in one envelope.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 month later...

I've now received my statements. Could anyone tell me what's the next step again please? I've done some claim years ago and I'm afraid I can no longer remember and I'm not sure if the same procedure still applies...

Thank you very much!

Any charge applied to an account has to be a true reflection of the actual cost it took to administer the account. a £12 arbitrary fee (or more) cannot be a true reflection so:

Any charge you have received from SD can be reclaimed. One account per spreadsheet. One covering letter.

Be prepared for obfuscation from Shop Direct. They do not like it when they are challenged.

Ooops Sorry. Give me a minute.

Yes, this is the one, cheers.

This might sound like a daft question, but I'm going to ask anyway..

. I'm assuming that I'm on 0% interest because I don't see any interest charges on my statements,

so do I leave the interest box blank, or do I still have to put 0% on it?

And years years back, I can remember reading about 8% something interest added on top... what was it for, and why is it not on this spreadsheet?

So long as they have charged no interest then you can try for the 8% statutory interest but that is usually reserved for court action. I say go for it. Any charges that have been paid then that is your money you have 'lent' them and as such you want interest on it.

They should have the details of all the charges added, even ones going back over 6 years. Claim them all. They may try the limitations act thing with you and try and fob you off but persistence pays.

While I have not heard of many charge reclaims for Shop Direct going to court to enforce, it may come to that. If after a couple of attempts at reclaiming, they still refuse, you may have to go that route.

Do not threaten court unless you are prepared to follow it through.

Thank you again, Silverfox.

I've just realised they've only sent me 6 years worth of statements, so I'll settle for that, I think.

The charges doesn't seem much, but I'm going to claim them back anyway. I could probably get enough to offset it against my account balance.

use the statint spread and the credit card charges letter you have just found

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...