Lowell's

tallguy79

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guy's got some basic questions I need answering please.

Firstly Lowell have given me a default for a debt they bought off of next and defaulted me for the sake of it. Thanks.

Now do they have the power to do this and what are the exact rules they have to obide by? I'm not sure if I received a warning but vaguely remember a you are now in default.

Can they do this? Is there a way to get a default removed they've set?

Any advice greatly appreciated as I'm trying for a mortgage and I don't think that'll happen with this over my head

Thanks

Hi

It is highly unlikely that Lowell placed the default. The default will most likely have been placed by the original creditor and then Lowell changed the name on the credit file when they bought the account.

Can you tell us the history of the debt please i.e. the events leading up to a debt arising?

It is extremely difficult to remove defaults if they have been placed correctly and most companies would rather sell their granny before they remove a default.

A default is very likely to affect a mortgage application.

What is the date of the default?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi ims and thanks for the quick reply

The reason I ask that is because I have sent two letter to Next stating they set the default and basically I need the default removed as a gesture of goodwill thing as I'm not sure any other way would work, bit lost to be honest.

Basically running up to the account I had big problems with work, I am a self employed electrician and there was no work for me at all, not a bean. Basically couldn't pay Next and did state to Next. Fell behind in paying them and next thing I know is got letters from Lowlifes etc

The default was set in 8/6/2012

These are copies of the letter I have received from Next after my pleading letters basically to their top director.

net_zps62fad035.jpg

190002_zps015dfcdc.jpg

I replied to this one again pleading then they sent me an email with the following statement

Thank you for your latest letter to Lord Wolfson. I can see that my colleague (Bridgette) previously responded to you on 6 December 2013, but unfortunately she’s out of the office at the moment. So I hope you don’t mind me replying this time.

Having reviewed things, I’m sorry to say that we aren’t in a position to make any changes to your credit file. As your account was sold to Lowell Group, only they can make this decision.

To help explain a little, your credit file should show the default registered with Lowell rather than Next, as we sold the account to them. I realise this contradicts what you have been told by Lowell, so I’d suggest that you contact them again and speak with a senior manager.

I do sympathise with your situation and I thank you for being honest with us about your situation. As much as I’d really like to help you, I’m truly sorry that I’m not able to.

Although I realise this isn't the response you were hoping for, I do appreciate the chance you've given me to explain. And I wish you and your family the very best for the future.

With kind regards

This is the data entry in my credit file also

LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD Who's this?

Entry Number: C6 | Account Updated to: 22/09/2013

Name:

Address:

Date of Birth:

Account Type: Mail order

Started: 17/11/2008

Current Balance: Satisfied

Default Date: 08/06/2012

Default Balance: £383

Many thanks for advice ims

I don't think a satisifed default from 5 years ago if it is the only one, will affect you at all. If you are looking for a mortgage, go to an independent mortgage brokers with the full information and they will know which companies are ok with this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Uncle

The default is set as 8/6/2012, I opened the account back in 17/11/2008 according to that entry or am I wrong?

Thanks

Oops, you are correct. If the default info is wrong, contact the CRA's and ask them to look into it.

Still see an independent mortgage advisor, if you are looking for a mortgage. They are more likely to be able to find you a company, who does not mind one small default, which has been satisfied.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

It is highly unlikely that Lowell placed the default. The default will most likely have been placed by the original creditor and then Lowell changed the name on the credit file when they bought the account.

Can you tell us the history of the debt please i.e. the events leading up to a debt arising?

It is extremely difficult to remove defaults if they have been placed correctly and most companies would rather sell their granny before they remove a default.

A default is very likely to affect a mortgage application.

What is the date of the default?

Please check your credit file to see if Lowell have secretly changed the default date, they are known for this and is not allowed.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi Mikey, all info bud is above. I really think Next might be taking the biscuit here or have no idea. They are positive that they didn't default me and that is was Lowells that did it.

Another letter is coming their way when I phone experian