Default on Credit File and Payment Plan

April2013

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 accounts which are managed by Wescot Credit Services (Debenhams card and Halifax Loan). I have had a payment plan set up for these account for well over a year and have never missed my agreed payment. I decided to register with Noodle today, and noticed that I have defaults for every month for these accounts depite making monthly payments. Is this correct? Should I have defaults. Will they not be removed until 6 years after I have cleared the debt?

Thanks for the help

No, Noddle are part of callcredit and its their reporting method.

It doesnt mean that you are being defaulted every month.

Also the defaults will be removed 6 years after the default date thats listed against the debts.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

Any default will fall off your credit file 6 years from the date it was filed with the CRA's. I believe the monthly thing is just to confirm the account is still in default.

If the accounts were defaulted before wetcloths got them then they would have put their name on the file with the original date left untouched.

If you were in an arrangement to pay (rather than token payments) before a default was filed then the default could possibly be wrong. It all depends on how much you paid in relation to the debt.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks. For one of them the debt was £1820 (this was the default and opening balance) and I pay £50 per month and for the other the openong balance was £8500, default balance £2704 and I pay £75 per month. The defaults seem to be the time when wescot have become involved for both.

What others say is correct the credit files are showing that the status of the account on each 'update' is still 'default'.

The actual default date cannot be changed, it may be that the original creditor defaulted the accounts immediately prior to selling/assigning them to Wescot.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: