Email. Is it a valid form of communication for legal documents

fletch70

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am curious as how the courts view email when it comes to serving required paperwork.

So for example

A NOA served by email, is it valid?

A DN served by email is it valid and what date would it be deemed to have been served

A SD served by email? I know that signed for is allowed if they have failed to serve it by hand

My concern would be that with spam filters, ability to block emails, often multiple access to email addresses and of course multiple /disposable email addresses how can they show that it has been served and served on the correct person.

Any thoughts please

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

A Default Notcie is fine... Think Wonga etc..

Same as a Notice Of Assignment.

But things like SD are very important and need to be delivered by post or hand...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I would argue that a DN or a NOA is just as important because unless a compliant DN is issued an agreement can not be enforced.

According to LPA a NOA should be served by signed for or special delivery

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I think all legal notices should be sent by snail mail. While a DN and an NoA could be sent by email there is still the issue of proof it was received. If Wonga (for example) mis typed an email address then obviously it would not be received and as such is it then lawful?

SD's (I feel) are different. As a precursor to a bankrupty petition, these need to be proven as delivered. I don't feel email fulfills that obligation.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE