cabot legal action

pinkllama
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks I'll do that.

What if I don't receive confirmation from them that they have suspended court action? Is confirmation from the court sufficient?

Does anyone else think that it's strange that Halifax sold on a £13k debt to Cabot, as someone stated earlier in the thread?

Now it's been mentioned, I find it a bit weird,Halifax could have easily got a ccj themselves and gone for a charging order.

The Court confirmation is more important. You need them to confirm that Shoosmiths didn't request and obtain judgment.

Many early agreements from various banks/card companies are not enforceable. It's important to find out about this one.

Ok at this stage I'm going to write to shoosmiths accepting payments of the £21 and ask for confirmation that legal action has stopped. Then I'll send off a CCA when I've got confirmation from them and/or the court.

Thanks for all the advice, I will update the post when get any more info.

Contact the the court for confirmation. Dont rely on the solicitor.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

ok,

I paid the first instalment of £21 to Shoosmiths, they have acknowledged this and sent me a letter stating that no further legal action will be taken as long as i keep up the monthly repayments.

I phoned Northampton court and they said that there was nothing showing on their system. They said that the creditor was not obliged to send the court any information saying that legal action has been stopped.

Should I now send a CCA to Cabot? should I also ask for a copy of the deed of assignment?

Should i send the CCA to PO Box 241 West Malling Kent ME19 4NA (provided on their website) or to their registered address; 1 Kings Hill Ave, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UA

Thanks

Edited by pinkllama

No point sending a CCA and you will NEVER see the deed of assignment. A CCJ has been granted, and you cant set aside it. So you need to maintain payments in line with the court order.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How do you know a CCJ has been granted?

There is no court order. What court order are you talking about?

Have you read the thread?

I spoke to the court this afternoon and was told Shoosmiths had not taken any further action on behalf of Cabot.

The claim is merely stayed...there is no judgment....but if you have agreed to make payments and they have agreed to let it stay why do you want to start requesting information?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread