Admiral insurance

jeff28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

greetings,

i have a problem with admiral

i took out a policy on december 2012,

i was told i had 90 days insurance abroad and after this i would have to ring them to arrange cover on a monthly basis,

after the 90 days i rang them and arranged 1 month and was told they would take it out automatically after this,

also they took the money out from spain which i find suspicious avoiding taxes ect.

at 150 days into it or 5 months i put the car on the drive, and used a different car,

but then a woman decides to crash into my car,

i rang my insurance to tell them what had happened and they cancel my insurance ,

the car was on private land and insured by them .and

she admitted liabilty as no one was in my car therefore admiral cannot cancel my policy.

i need my no claims bonus and they won't speak to me as im no longer a customer

what do i do , as

im paying double insurance now on a damaged car which the insurance pay out didnt cover the repair.

i wish i didnt ring them now as they wouldnt be any the wiser,

also they said i have commited fraud somehow,

but that is also slander and can i sue them for this,

i really am stuck as to what to do?

if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

why cant they cancel it?

why is it slander?

and why didn't the insurance compo cover the cost?

to be honest you've lost me here?

so you had two cars?

why are you paying double ins on a damaged car?

you post is somewhat confusing?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it was a 12 month policy and admiral said i could be abroad for 180 days and then an accident happened and they cancel the policy, the costs for repair were a bit more than what the inspector reported .

I borrowed a car as my car was costing too much on fuel.

i'm paying double insurance because i can't prove my no claims and the car is now on a public road so has to be insured. is my no claims bonus wiped out because of the accident or can i still get it from somewhere.

thanks for your reply

They have cancelled your policy because they doubt what you have told them. Look at this from their position. They have a policyholder who tells them that the insured car will be driven outside of the UK for a period of time and to continue adding 30 days cover for outside of the UK coverage. Then suddenly they are advised of a claim for an accident to the car on private land in the UK. You are apparently driving a different car outside the UK at the time.

It is bizarre ! Can't you see that.

My only suggestion is that you put in a written complaint to Admiral and involve the FOS if you have to.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Your NCD should, in theory, be intact as according to your story the fault driver admitted liability - any monies would have come from her insurers, not yours. However the cancellation of a car insurance policy can have a potentially massive impact on future premiums. I find it hard to believe that they have cancelled your policy but not told you why. If you really don't know you need to find out ASAP. If for some reason they are refusing to deal by telephone then write, keep a copy of all correspondence to and from them.

They have cancelled your policy because they doubt what you have told them. Look at this from their position. They have a policyholder who tells them that the insured car will be driven outside of the UK for a period of time and to continue adding 30 days cover for outside of the UK coverage. Then suddenly they are advised of a claim for an accident to the car on private land in the UK. You are apparently driving a different car outside the UK at the time.

It is bizarre ! Can't you see that.

My only suggestion is that you put in a written complaint to Admiral and involve the FOS if you have to.

thanks for your response , it is a bizarre affair for sure. I haven't done anything wrong as far as i can see, if i hadn't told them, i would of been back in the uk before the 180 days was up, and no one would be any the wiser . My ferry ticket home was a couple of days after the accident but the car needed to be inspected so i have lost out and got stuck here .

I had 4 yrs this would of been the 5th yr no claims bonus and its not fair what they have done to me.And my current insurer are saying i'm lying about my no claims bonus and bumped up the premium to over double what the quote was and are threatening to cancel the policy now that i have paid 80% of it off

thanks again for your advice

slimm this is what i thought too, i will try and ring them once more and a letter to follow and report back.

It definitely needs sorting out asap as i cant afford to insurance and tax 2 cars with no no-claims history,

thanks for your response.

You should get something in writing from Admiral to confirm the reasons for cancelling the policy and what no claim discount they had noted. You will need this, when arranging any alternative cover.

You mention that you had another car to use outside of the UK, as the car Admiral were insuring used too much fuel. How were you insuring this other car to drive it ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yea i will write to them , would i need to put you have 7 days to respond or would this be a bad idea?

In holland the car is insured and not the driver and it was insured before i borrowed it so i didn't pay anything just fuel costs , which was a lot cheaper than running my car .

thanks for your reply.

Seven days might be a bit unrealistic, after all 2-4 could be taken up with the post and the letter reaching the right desk, I'd suggest you ask for an initial response in 14 and a resolution of the issue(s) within 28, stating that if you do not get responses in those timescales you will direct your complaint to the FOS.

Make sure you're specific about what you think they have done wrong, and how you expect them to resolve the problems - be realistic in the latter. I'd suggest that one of the things you ask for should be confirmation that the non-fault accident has not had any impact on your NCD and for confirmation of how many years NCD you had when your policy ceased. You can then submit that letter to your new insurers.

Be warned that if the cancellation is for something serious like non-disclosure of a material fact then there may not be much the FOS can do for you but it's still a good threat, even if a complaint isn't upheld by the FOS it still causes them trouble they'd rather avoid.