style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please keep to your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thats because dx merged your other posts into this thread.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I see where you are coming from, opening post is irrelevant , if it says something on the front or back it could raise questions.

I know from experience.

I am sure you could make up some story or other, you were a witness to something, you filled out a survey . Something like that.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I see where you are coming from, opening post is irrelevant , if it says something on the front or back it could raise questions.

I know from experience.

I am sure you could make up some story or other, you were a witness to something, you filled out a survey . Something like that.

Thankyou for the ideas! I've been wracking my brain for a reason they might contact me, other than the obvious, This could work so thanks. When you say you know from experience were you under similar circumstances? Was there markings on the envelope?

It wasn't RLP

many years ago when I was a student I got a letter from the bank regarding a bounced cheque for my hall fees. Although they didn't open it they knew it was from the bank (you can usually tell)

I have more skeltons in my closet than I care to think about , luckily I have never lived at my parents address and there is no Mr alive now so I should be OK

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

We can help you to deal with RLP if they get in touch, because the CAG view is that shoplifting is a matter for the criminal justice system, not parasites like RLP whose only interest is money.

We do not condone stealing or dishonesty.

You are over 18 and should take responsibility for yourself; only you can decide how to deal with your parents.

It would appear that the stores themselves are very reluctant to bring civil claims for shoplifting, probably becuase a) Its is far from certain they would win, the evidence so far is that they would lose b) Even if they did win, that the actual 'damages' would be very low, perhaps an hour of a minumum wage worker, c) any gains would be outweighed by the fact that costs generally are not recoverable on the small track.

So generally speaking their is little incentive for a store to start a claim BUT the whole of RLP's business relies upon such claims, without them RLP would fold, it is not clear whther RLP would try and persuede a store to start a claim, given the general embrassment caused to the store in the Oxford case...who we all know who it is but can't name them, I doubt any other store would be wqilling to follow the same path.

I am over 18 and I understand there is nothing they can do if I dont pay. But my issue is that I am at university and the letter is coming to my home address. My parents wouldn't open my mail but if it says "retail loss prevention" on the front (as I have heard it does say on a few posts) they will ask questions and I do not want them to find out as I believe this is unnecessary. Do you have any idea of any markings that are on the envelope?

Hi ari, just to say they dont have the markings in the envelope its.just a normal one that shos your name.and on the back it says return to sender. Listen to these people :)

Edited by andydd
Fixing formatting