style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was caught shoplifting a £10 top in Primark and

was taken back into a room by security where

he informed the police.

All he did was take my information from my ID card and tell me I will get a RLP letter.

I probably took up an hour of the security mans time by waiting for the police

and then going through a few things with the police man when he was there.

After that I walked to the station with the police man and went into an interview room where he went through a few things.

I'm not sure if it was classed as a caution or just a warning but I haven't done anything like this before

and I was not asked to pay the £80 fine people have mentioned about.

I know I have done wrong and I am over 18 so should know better.

I know for certain that I wont be this stupid again.

But I wanted advice on this RLP business.

I am still awaiting my letter in the post but I have read on a lot of threads that I shouldn't pay.

I'm a bit scared by it all and really really don't want this to go any further.

Part of me just wants to pay it and get it over with and

I am worried that if I ignore the letters I will be taken to court

which I definitely do not want to happen,

also people have mentioned some Debt collection thing that I'm confused about.

I would appreciate any help for my situation.

Hi there. Dont worry about RLP, jackie and her band of merry muppets cant do anything to you> They will threaten everything, but they cant do anything. Should they try and demand any kind of payment, simply reply " Any liability to you or any company associated with you is denied. No further correspondance will be entered into.

She'll then send a couple of scarily worded letters designed to frighten you, but after a round 4-5 she'll give up. Under no circumstances should you pay RLP a single penny.

I'll ask an admin to move your thread to the right forum so you can get an idea what to do.

I know I have done wrong and I am over 18 so should know better. I know for certain that I wont be this stupid again. But I wanted advice on this RLP business. I am still awaiting my letter in the post but I have read on a lot of threads that I shouldn't pay. Basically I'm a bit scared by it all and really really don't want this to go any further. Part of me just wants to pay it and get it over with and I am worried that if I ignore the letters I will be taken to court which I definitely do not want to happen, also people have mentioned some debt collectionicon thing that I'm confused about.

it wont go any further than a few letters. Jackie seems to have learnt a little lesson after her failure in court in 2012. She still threatens things but rarely goes anywhere near court now.

Do NOT PAY. By paying you are justifying her borderline illegal attempts at demanding money from you by threats and intimidation. Send the one line letter and ignore her.

Regarding debt collection, just laugh at them and tell them to bog off. They have absolutely NO legal rights at all, so they can safely be ignored.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks IMS. Ari, please read this forum your thread is now in and youll soon see what to do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you, I'm still quite scared about the who process as I feel like if I pay now I can put my mind at rest and I wont even have to think about court. When you say it rarely goes to court Im just thinking itll be my luck that I get selected

Hi ari and welcome to CAG

While no one condones shoplifting, we a CAG have a pragmatic approach to this. "Two wrongs don't make a right." This means that although you acknowledge you did wrong, the wrong about to be committed by RLP does nothing to make this right.

While nothing is guaranteed, it is likely the first letter will be with you within a couple of weeks.

So long as you are willing to accept quite a few letters, each getting more and more desperate and follow the advice given, you will be able to see them off.

When (if) you get the letter, this is the one and only response you should send:

"Any liability to either you or any company that you represent is denied"

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you pay this mob then you are only funding their operation to attempt to get money out of others.

RLP cannot take you to court themselves.

Do some reading around.

Jackie and her outfit are well known here and attempt to put the frighteners on people with a load of nonsense letters and threats when in fact they are totally impotent.

Follow the advice given on other threads here and you will get the idea.

Do not give in to them and don't fall for their empty threats.

I have another question.

I am really ashamed to say that when the police were called I admitted to them that I had taken a nail varnish from Boots and gave it to them.

They said that they would not count it as a second account of theft, and said they would return it to Boots.

Am I likely to receive a second letter from RLP?

Im unsure of the procedure Boots would take as I did not take up any of their time

but the label from the nail varnish had been removed so I am unsure as to if it is still sellable.

Don't worry about Boots. The police said they would take it back to Boots. Whether they are likely to tell Boots your name, no idea but in all liklihood nothing will come of it.

Even if it did, again nothing to fret over

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I would think that boots have better things to do.

As said above, RLP can do nothing to you apart from try and intimidate and threaten you.

They cannot take you to court themselves.

Have you done your reading of other threads here? You will soon see what type of outfit they are.

From everything we have seen so far, Boots pretty much wash their hands of you when you leave the store. RLP however will lie, and say ANYTHING to make you think they have some sort of legit claim. The silly woman who runs RLP ( Hi jackie!) seems to think she is part of the Uk legal system, when in reality she couldnt be further away from it. Even the official Agencies dont want anything to do with her.

Oh okay that's reassuring. Having spoken to many people who have had similar situations with Boots/Primark has anyone had any trouble with them getting involved over the top of RLP? Ha I've heard such wonderful things about this Jackie and all her croonies!

As i said, when its passed to RLP, the retailer basically forgets you even exist anymore. They would NEVER take you to court over a £10 top. It would cost them 4-5 times as much just to file the initial court papers.

No. As far as we know, RLP dont say a word to the store. They just pressure you like hell simply to make money for jackies back pocket. After the absolute railing RLP got in 2012, pretty much no retailer will go near court with them.

What?

Encourage the store to take you to court?....no no no.

Forget the stores...if they were going to do anything they will do it without encouragement from yourself. It is extremely unlikely that they will do anything, as has been said, they usually wash their hands of it as it is not in their interest to take court action. Bad publicity and it would cost them a lot more than they would get back if they won.

Relax and move on with your life.

If by the remotest chance you do get court papers then shout here and we can help you with that but as you can see from other threads it is rarer than hens teeth.

DO NOT EVER PAY RLP.....................

we would REALLY like to see the letters you get please.

I bet we can match them almost word for word

with numerous threads running here that led NOWHERE.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There was a case in 2012 where a retailer (not allowed to name them) who lost big time. Since that time we have heard of no other cases going to court. even RLPs so called 'wins' have not been updated since July 2012 bearing in mind that RLP take no one to court.

The absence of reported cases, even by RLP, speaks volumes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I was wondering if you could help me out.

I am in a similar situation to you and am currently awaiting my RLP letter in the post.

I am just wondering if the envelope was recognizable?

I have heard that some have a grey RLP watermark, whilst others have "retail loss prevention" written in red on the front.

Obviously I'd prefer the first but as yours is quite a current post

I was wondering if you could share what was on yours so I have an idea of what envelopes are in current circulation.

Thanks

They shouldnt have ANY markings on it. Just a return to address. besides, theres nothing to worry about. Just send the one line letter IF jackie decides to chase you, then ignore everything she sends or return to sender.

I wont be paying but I'm just trying to be prepared for hiding the letters from my parents. I have read in other threads though that they have had markings with the return address printed on the envelope but these threads were quite old and wanted find more recent sources

If you are over 18, then why are your parents opening your letters? If you are under 18, then theres NOTHING RLP can do, and in theory if they chase you or threaten to wait till you are 18, you can take legal action on them.

I am over 18 and I understand there is nothing they can do if I dont pay. But my issue is that I am at university and the letter is coming to my home address. My parents wouldn't open my mail but if it says "retail loss prevention" on the front (as I have heard it does say on a few posts) they will ask questions and I do not want them to find out as I believe this is unnecessary. Do you have any idea of any markings that are on the envelope?