Brighthouse Agent shouting through my letterbox - coming with police to force entry tomorrow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you beiieve it

just like all the other threads...

ive just had an agent shouting through my letter box that he would return tomorow with the police and force entry

i dont owe them a penny

it was an ex partner

went outside and asked him why he thinks he can make such threats

its BULLYING plain and simple

ive emailed the person mentioned in the other threads above [

this is so wrong next step trading standards:evil:

really!!

but this only happens in a very few rare places

where the local Brighthouse have the wrong idea about collecting debts - so we are told.

so WHERE do SO MANY regions get this idea from...

central corporate training???

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

own thread created too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Whilst BH have the right to chase a debt at the last known address, this should be done in writing or (unfortunately) by phone.

I have been on this forum quite a while now and I have never seen a thread where BH knocked on a door and asked politely for the debtor by name.

How did BH know that you are not a new owner/tenant as they must have had that knowledge to be shouting confidential information through the letterbox or are they quite happy to be in breach of the Data Protection Act? (note the sarcasm)

I would contact your local plod as well and report them for harassment. It may only be the once but it is enough.

Unfortunately, we only see a small fraction of what happens in the real world but based on the few we see here, I suspect this practice is glossed over by the bosses.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Ann-Marie at BrightHouse

Good Morning Shaunc,

I would like the opportunity to investigate this for you. Please email me the details to [email protected] house.co.uk quoting reference F0689154 and I will be happy to contact you back.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please update the thread with any feedback you have.

Kind Regards

Ann-Marie

Web Relations Team

Ann marie. You should be retraining all your staff as this isnt an isolated incident.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I read a few years ago about a person who had a Bailiff attend and the person was quick enough to grab their phone and video what they were saying through the other side of the door. The Bailiff made the mistake of actually saying "I'll force entry". The video was used in court as evidence and the Bailiff was stripped of his licence because he was mis-representing his powers.

I'd suggest EVERYONE to grab their phone and video what these people say from behind the door.

Brighthouse can't argue with evidence like that and will nail this deplorable method. Then at least should someone decide to take further, legal action it can be proved exactly what their intimidation tactics are like.

Don't think ive ever seen bailiffs around where i live. it's a small village, and people have pretty big dogs, and theyre pretty big people themselves. I've seen a couple of DCA reps coming to peoples houses, but as soon as they hear or see the dogs, they do a 180 and go away.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D