style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully someone can advise me on the best course of action..

I recieved a letter today owing for Council tax for the some of £452.45

Also the fees as stated are

Levy Fee £39.00

Attendance to attempt levy to distress £42.50

Attendance removal £120

So all in all I owe £654.15.

It states on the letter that the debt is outstanding despite previous attempts for application of payment? Are they referring to them or the council?

I called today with transportation to remove your goods. I shall be calling back in the next 2 working days with the police in attendance if necessary to compete my task. Can they do that?

With the letter was a sepearate sheet with my partners car included as part of the goods.My partner is 8 months pregnant. Im going to pay what I can tommorow. Do I pay them or the council?

Many thanks in advance

have they ever come to your house before? I can see straight away that they are charging unlawful fee's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Police in attendance to do what exactly

Have they a levy if so on what

Have they been into your property?

Even if they have there is no right of entry no police no locksmith no nothing

Payment direct to council

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Yes hide the car. This sounds like a backstreet bailiff company who is completely ignorant to the law. Sit tight and the experienced posters will soon see your thread and tell you what to do.

The main thing you should do now though is to keep windows and doors locked, move the car a good 5-10 min walk away, and make sure any valubales outside are locked up. Do this and ALL they can ever charge is 2 visit fee's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yes move the car now

There is no right of entry for them no locksmith

Have they left any paperwork at all

Looks like they are front loading fees

Pay the council direct they can not refuse payment

Keep property secure at all times

All they left was a letter titled "Attendance notice the clearance of goods" and a "Notice of seizure of goods and inventory"

Ok well I work long hours so they car wont be at home from 5 in morning till 8 at night.. Can they just turn up at 8 at night?

All they left was a letter titled "Attendance notice the clearance of goods" and a "Notice of seizure of goods and inventory"

Ok well I work long hours so they car wont be at home from 5 in morning till 8 at night.. Can they just turn up at 8 at night?

What is listed on the notice of seizure any goods belonging to you

They can not charge those fees if they have no levy

Ahh. So theyve performed a levy. They still cant charge the levy fee and an ATR at the same time.

Its worth double at used price. its worth much less at auction. Did they ever tell you they were coming, or have you ever been informed they were coming? DO you fall under vulnerable under the national standards?

Its worth double at used price. its worth much less at auction. Did they ever tell you they were coming, or have you ever been informed they were coming? DO you fall under vulnerable under the national standards?

Nope this is the first letter we have had. When I was paying the arreas via the council they said no more contact would be made if I didnt keep up repayments. Well my partner is 8 months pregnant and is usually indoors..

Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

 the elderly;

 people with a disability;

 the seriously ill;

 the recently bereaved;

 single parent families;

 pregnant women;

 unemployed people; and,

 those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or

reading English.

Nope this is the first letter we have had. When I was paying the arreas via the council they said no more contact would be made if I didnt keep up repayments. Well my partner is 8 months pregnant and is usually indoors..

Your partner being pregnant does put you household in the vulnerable category

Deal with the council inform them of your partners position

They have to take the debt back

Your local MP will help kick council into touch

I'd say, since your partner is heavily pregnant, you contact the council and get them to call off the bailiffs. Contact the council first thing in the morning and do NOT take no for an answer.

Your partner being pregnant does put you household in the vulnerable category

Deal with the council inform them of your partners position

They have to take the debt back

Your local MP will help kick council into touch

Thank you will do so first thing

So if she comes under the vunerable what can I do in regards to that? Im going to pay the whole sum £452.45 to the council. What do I do about the other fees

If the bailiffs get called off, i think you can ignore the bailiffs fee's. Even if you have to pay them, its only 2 visit fee's of around £40 ish

Will I have to provide anything to the council to prove she is pregnant? Might be best if I sent letter if so

I would go to the council in person with your partner. Take as much documentation as possible and stay there until they recall the debt. If the front desk reps wont help, stay there until the manager is available. Even if it takes all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update..posted the hand delivered letter on the 16th january..Just heard back from Medway council. Basically saying I didny pay and that they passed the debt to bailliffs.

It states that the bailiffs sent two letters which they did not. At the bottom it states that they will not ask the bailiff to return the liablity order. Even though im 37 weeks pregnant? Paid another £150 which takes the debt to £152. No idea what to do now