3 Mobile and Lowell's

Gary2903

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years ago my wife had an account with 3 mobile. She cancelled the account and waited for a final bill. Instead of sending the bill they referred the debt to a collection agency which we paid, but were pretty miffed. Two years later, completely out of the blue, we get a letter from Lowell financial trying to claim an amount of £55.83 on the 3 account. We have asked for a copy of the final bill, which resulted in them sending it on Lowell headed notepaper, and also for the statements, which they have failed to produce.

Where do we go from here? I am loathed to end up with a credit default for something we don't owe, but we refuse to pay what is essentially blackmail.

Ignore lowlifes, start the complaints process with three, exhaust it, and inform them that 'any' default markers that appear on your credit file will result in you taking legal action against them and any 3rd party they use who decide to place any default on there.

They tried this little trick a few years ago with my Mother, who was going to pay it, to "avoid the hassle"

However when she told me how much it was for, I told her it was more than likely a con and NOT to pay them a single penny.

The OFT were informed as were Ofcom and Otelo, and low and behold, Lowlifes not three, dropped the debt claiming it was another of their 'admin errors'.

I cannot stress enough that you should NOT pay this, get straight onto Three and exhaust their complaints procedure, IF there is an outstanding balance that needs to be paid, then pay Three direct, if they try and fob you off with 'it's been transferred to our immature 3rd party dca to collect' just tell them your not paying them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank's for that.

Everytime we contact Lowell's we tell them to take us to court. Debt monkey on the other end get's extremely flustered and tell's us that they don't want to have to do that. But sometimes that seems to be the only way to resolve this.

Well you've told them what to do, if they can't or won't then ignore them.

When they ring in the future just laugh and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!