WDA totally ignoring me when trying to repay them..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I currently have a loan with WageDayAdvance for £300 and was due to repay them on the 24th of December, however I've been told there's no overtime at work for the foreseeable future which is costing me a lot a month.

I emailed them on the 20th stating that we only get our rotas a week in advance and the company has had to make major cutbacks for this financial year, meaning I lose 56 hours @ 7.59 an hour, a total of £425 a month in lost wages. I've worked there for 4 years, I'm on a 25 hour contract but have always done 39 hours until now. They say they require 3 days notice etc, so I was just inside the window for that.

On the 24th, they took the full £375 which would have left me with nothing, so I got onto the phone and they refused to refund it so I took it to Barlcays instead who refunded it straight back to me after a 15 min phone call.

They replied on the 7th of January saying they needed official headed documents from my employer stating my drop in hours. I replied stating I was only contracted to 25 and the rest was always overtime, and that I was never contracted to 39. They also have evidence their end as they've seen my payslip from when I applied, so they also knew this. This email was sent 5 mins after I received theirs.

It's now the 16th and they're sending me daily text messages saying to call them but I refuse to do so. A gap of 17 days to reply to an email is quite frankly pathetic. The balance is now £484.48, and is rising daily because they won't email me back.

I have offered multiple times in my emails that I will pay £10 a month for 3 months which would take us to the new financial year and hopefully things will improve from there and I intend to clear the debt quicker should things improve but they're just sitting on their hands letting the balance rise and rise.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I really can't be having them taking 500+ out of my account this time next week.

Hi

I suggest a formal complaint to WDA at

UNIT 7 ACORN BUSINESS PARK

KEIGHLEY ROAD

SKIPTON

NORTH YORKSHIRE

ENGLAND

BD23 2UE

This is the name of the director (as far as I can find)

MR DALE WALTER CHAPMAN

They are not entitled to any info short of a very basic income and expenditure form

Remind them of their obligation to abide by the OFTs debt collection guidance

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It is meant to stop, but the regulators seem to turn a blind eye unless it is extreme harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Cancel the CPA and any methods of payment you made with them. Barclays should decline the transaction completely. Not allow the money to be taken, then refund it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just been off the phone with Barclays who I have to commend for their help with this.

As they've never taken a payment from my card, they said there is no CPA to cancel however they have placed a pre-cancellation on the account so if they attempt any amount between 1p and £1,000 then it will be automatically refunded to me. The previous DD was cancelled on 27th December.

I also spoke to another member of their team regarding the direct debits and they've blocked them from setting up a DD outright for the next 13 months.

Well done Barlcays, now we just have to wait and see if that actually happens and my money is protected.

Could i suggest you get in touch with barclays and ask them for confirmation in writing. This is purely to cover every angle, just incase the money doesnt get refunded.

Probably a good idea that. Next stop is a complaint to WDA. It's rather annoying that I'm willing to pay them back (albeit over a longer period) yet they're ignoring it so they can hike the debt up.

Thats how all PDL's operate. Theyre called legal loan sharks for a reason.

They finally emailed me yesterday demanding a bank statement or wage slip as proof of a reduction of income, I said no and their reply today was they won't do anything without any proof of either. They want me to take a picture on my phone.. they can sod off. I gave them a basic I and E and thats all they're getting.

Do they not understand that the next time I get paid is in 2 days time and it'll be the first time that a reduction would occur so I don't have this to hand?

I've read on several threads that they are only entitled to a basic i+e, where does this come from? If i can quote to them that it comes from the OFT or suchlike then they have no comeback. Don't want to go spouting it without knowing where it came from.

No creditor is entitled to see a comprehensive I&E unless it is for a secured lender or for court. FOr a PDL. they only need a very basic I&E. They have no need nor right to anything else.

• 5 weeks later...

Hilariously they sent me a text the other day saying they would wipe all charges if I repaid in full but they're still refusing to talk unless I phone them. Also had another message saying they can offer me 'x' when repaying them.

• 2 weeks later...

So I sent them an email stating that I won't be talking to them over the phone and that all their charges are unlawful and massively unfair as all delays have been caused by them. I tried to resolve this well before the original due date and this is their reply:

Many thanks for your email, please be advised your outstanding balance is (approx £570) The loan payment was obtained on 20/02/2014 via your debit card this was for missed payment in December however I can see a claw back has now been made through the bank. I can see we have asked several times for you to call us which you are required to do if you are requesting a repayment arrangement; this is our in house procedure, please therefore call us on 01756 707306 to discuss your account further. I can also confirm the interest and charges that have been added will not be removed and have been added as per your terms and conditions of this loan, which you have signed.

Regards

Am I right in thinking that there's something in the OFT regulations stating they can't force a debtor to phone them? Does anyone know where to find this so I can quote it to them? I've also put in an official complaint, but they seen to have casually ignored that bit.

Doesnt matter what their procedures are. You have the right to have everything in writing when it comes to your financial information. Also, it matters not what the terms and conditions say if the interest and charges are unfair, which in your case, they very obviously are.

If youve put in a formal complaint, dont remind them. The 8 weeks is ticking down. Then you can get the FOS involved.

From the OFT debt Collection Guidance.

Also, some debtors may request contact by email rather than by

telephone

The full guidance.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT664Rev.pdf

The relevant bits are around pages 12-14

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Sent them an email quoting directly from the OFT guidelines. Thanks for the link.

I'm doing my best not to bury my head in the sand and take a proactive approach to wanting to repay them but all they're doing is farting around, it's utter lunacy, it really is.

Bet you get the old favourite from WDA stating that they are just guidelines and they are under no obligation to adhere to them.

Either that or they will try and claim theyve fulfilled their part by asking you to phone them. Even though that is a violation of guidance.

Bet you get the old favourite from WDA stating that they are just guidelines and they are under no obligation to adhere to them.

Either that or they will try and claim theyve fulfilled their part by asking you to phone them. Even though that is a violation of guidance.

Just had another email stating FINAL NOTICE BEFORE ACTION, and to email them if I want to set up a repayment plan.

Did that yet again, and get an automated response saying they don't agree plans via email and to contact them. Contradicting themselves, that's pretty special.

Their reply?

Many thanks for your response; I can confirm the charges that have been added have not been added unfairly or inappropriately. We have not ignored your requests nor disregarded your emails. I can confirm the terms and conditions have been broken by yourself as we do not authorise any claw back of funds under your agreement, this is why charges have now been added, further charges will continue until a repayment arrangement is put in place with us.

Regards

Utterly laughable. They just will not co-operate.

They have been added unfairly as they are penalty fee's. Time to give them £1 a month and tell them theyll only get more when they actually follow the rules.

Default notice came in the post this morning. They seem to be ignoring my complaint which was lodged on the 28th of February, and the Default Notice says I have to pay by the 20th of March or I 'may' be taken to court. I've got plenty of evidence on my phone to show I've done as much as possible here. I know it won't get to that stage yet but I've worked so bloody hard to keep my accounts clean for the past 18 months and this lot are screwing me.

• 3 weeks later...